For Reagan to be as Great as FDR

He would have had unemployment like this:

1981: 24.9, 1982: 21.7%, 1983: 20.1%, 1984: 16.9%, 1985: 14.3%, 1986: 19.0%, 1987: 17.2%

and he would have let blacks get ebola and have it go untreated for 20 years, just to see what happens.

That's how Progressives measure Greatness

Don't forget serve four terms. Progressives love those dictator types that can't let go of power.

Such insipidness. No wonder the far right doomed the party in 2008.

Yea, the "far right" doomed the party by nominating a liberal. :cuckoo:

1981: 24.9, 1982: 21.7%, 1983: 20.1%, 1984: 16.9%, 1985: 14.3%, 1986: 19.0%, 1987: 17.2%

and he would have let blacks get ebola and have it go untreated for 20 years, just to see what happens.

Don't forget serve four terms. Progressives love those dictator types that can't let go of power.
Read 'n WEEP, Skippy!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

He has a great legacy because he was the wartime President throughout WWII.

The mobilization for WWII is what "bailed" the US out of the depression, not his domestic policies.

I do think its a bit silly to compare Democrats of the 1930s and 1940s to those of today. If FDR was President today he'd be throwing Muzzies into interm camps. :eusa_shhh:

Read 'n WEEP, Skippy!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

He has a great legacy because he was the wartime President throughout WWII.
.....And, that seems pretty-important, to Republicans; no-doubt a result o' arrested-development/too-many John Wayne flicks.

You folks really expected War to overshadow/hide Lil' Dumbya's penchant for FAILURE??!!! (...while his corporate-Cabinet ripped-off the National Treasure.)

:confused:

Such insipidness. No wonder the far right doomed the party in 2008.

Yea, the "far right" doomed the party by nominating a liberal. :cuckoo:
....And a high-priced Hooker. Don't forget about her.

:rolleyes:

(Wait'll you wake-up....mid-November, 2012....and, find [both] your wallet & pants, GONE! :eusa_whistle: )​

"Feel good" speeches do not make up for a lack of accomplishments.

For Reagan to even be considered to be in the same league as FDR, he would have actually had to have had some real accomplishments.

I felt pretty good about this Reagan accomplishment and speech

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtYdjbpBk6A]YouTube - Reagan at Brandenburg Gate - "tear down this wall"[/ame]

Ronald Reagan dismantled the empire Stalin and FDR built

Last edited:

For Reagan to even be considered to be in the same league as FDR, he would have actually had to have had some real accomplishments.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtYdjbpBk6A]YouTube - Reagan at Brandenburg Gate - "tear down this wall"[/ame]

No he didn't.

He just happened to be there at the time of it's collapse.

No he didn't.

Right. Reagan as Chauncey Gardner.

He's just "Being There" as after 70 years their Soviets finally came to the self-realization that their form of government is inhuman and unsustainable and to boot, they had already decided to tear down the Berlin Wall just as Reagan decided to mention it.

Your loss of your media monopoly exposes your folly

It was just happenstance that bringing down the USSR was the Number 1 item on Reagan's "To Do" List. Uh huh.

No he didn't.

Now how do you supposed the Iron curtain fell? It sure and hell wasn't anything Carter did. or any other President did. We have Reagan to thank for that,

Nice post.

Ike started the Civil Rights Movement:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5zRhoCBxi4]YouTube - GOP President (Not LBJ) was First Civil Rights Champ[/ame]

YouTube - Reagan at Brandenburg Gate - "tear down this wall"

No he didn't.

He's just "Being There" as after 70 years their Soviets finally came to the self-realization that their form of government is inhuman and unsustainable and to boot, they had already decided to tear down the Berlin Wall just as Reagan decided to mention it.

I really liked that movie.

Reagan does get credit for outspending the Soviets so they'd collapse that much sooner. The Soviets would have eventually fallen even without Reagan to do so.

Reagan's strategy does come with its own problem for the United States though.

No he didn't.

Reagan does get credit for outspending the Soviets so they'd collapse that much sooner. The Soviets would have eventually fallen even without Reagan to do so.

I read your post three times and it makes less and less sense each time.

Did you leave key words and phrases out because the way it reads Obama should have outspent China, Hamas and Al Qaeda to defeat by now

Ike started the Civil Rights Movement:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5zRhoCBxi4]YouTube - GOP President (Not LBJ) was First Civil Rights Champ[/ame]

Ike did not want his troops to go into Little Rock but Governor Faubus forced him with his call out of the National Guard to stop integration at the high school.

Harry Truman ten years earlier began the integration of the Armed Forces, leading to the challenge from the Democratic racist right with the Dixiecrat nomination of (later Republican senator) Governor Strom Thurmond of South Carolina.

I read your post three times and it makes less and less sense each time.

Did you leave key words and phrases out because the way it reads Obama should have outspent China, Hamas and Al Qaeda to defeat by now

Then perhaps you should try taking a remedial English class. Obama, China, Hamas or what have you wasn't referred to at all in my post. The problems that come with Reagan's strategy of outspending the Soviets to make them collapse more quickly is the increase in the national debt.

If you're still confused, then we just might be misunderstanding each other here.

Please!!!!

That'd be like claiming someone (who jumped in-front-of a speeding-train) WILLED that train to hit them! :rolleyes:

"We have heard the words of Ronald Reagan: "Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall." However justified this statement, the wall came down not on the order of Gorbachev and not during Reagan's presidency. It came down as a surprise to Gorbachev and during the presidency of George Bush the Elder. And to believe that those responsible for bringing down the wall needed inspiration from Reagan or Bush is to fail to understand the people who tore it down.

In his autobiography Ronald Reagan touches on communism's slide in Poland. He is writing about 1981 -- his first year as president:

As seen from the Oval Office, the events in Poland were thrilling. One of man's most fundamental and implacable yearnings, the desire for freedom, was stirring to life behind the Iron Curtain, the first break in the totalitarian dike of Communism.

I wanted to be sure we did nothing to impede this process and everything we could to spur it along. This was what we had been waiting for since World War II. What was happening in Poland might spread like a contagion throughout Eastern Europe.

But our options were limited and presented us with several dilemmas:

Although we wanted to let the Polish people who were struggling for liberty know that we were behind them, we couldn't send out a false signal (as some say the United States did before the doomed 1956 uprisings in Hungary), leading them to expect us to intervene militarily on their side during a revolution.

In short, the Poles were making their own future, with Ronald Reagan applauding. Credit for the fall of Communism in Poland should go to the Poles. And credit for the fall of communism in the Czech Republic should go to those who went into the streets and faced the police and to those who went out on strike."

It all snowballed, after Poland!!!

(Much like the present-recession, due to Lil' Dumbya's influence...)​

For Reagan to be as great as FDR he would have to

- Lead the nation out of the countries worst Depression
- Establish Social Security
- Lead the largest military buildup in world history
- Lead the nation in a world war on multiple fronts
- Lead the development of an Atomic Bomb
- Turn the US from one of the most powerful to a Super Power
- Turn the US from isolationist to a World Power

WWII should get credit for just about everything on this list. I will give him Social Security as well as Welfare and many other programs. I will also give him credit on allowing his generals to fight the war. The rest were a direct result of WWII.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back