For Reagan to be as Great as FDR

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
He would have had unemployment like this:

1981: 24.9, 1982: 21.7%, 1983: 20.1%, 1984: 16.9%, 1985: 14.3%, 1986: 19.0%, 1987: 17.2%

and he would have let blacks get ebola and have it go untreated for 20 years, just to see what happens.

That's how Progressives measure Greatness

Last edited:
I think both guys are placed way too high on the altar by their respective fans. I voted for Reagan both times but he was far from the image so many now have of him; imho anyway, FDR was just a big government statist, interesting that Reagan supported him .

Only in the netherworld of right wing "thinking" could the President who defeated the Nazi's be so maligned.
Since Reagan's "theory" that if you cut rich people's and corporation's taxes and increased military spending you would end up with a "balanced budget", this country has borrowed over twelve trillion dollars. The vast majority of it BEFORE President Obama was elected. The only President in the last thiry years to balance a budget was President Clinton. Reagan and the Bushes never vetoed any spending bills so put away your phony talking points about the Democrats spending.

In 1979 the US was the greatest producer of finished goods in the world. We are now the greatest imported of finished goods. The US at that time was the greatest crediter nation in the world. Now we are the greatest debter nation.

Reagan and his policies ushered in what has been called the "Conservative Era". It's been great for capitalists, but for ordinary Americans it has been a disaster.

If you think more of the same is the answer, then vote for the RepuliCONs. When wages continue to fall you can look at yourself in the mirror and ask "How gould I have been so stupid?"

when i was going through middle school, the founding fathers and christopher columbus were heros.

now the fathers are rich white slaveowners who didn't want to pay their taxes and columbus' greatest accomplishment was genocide.

perceptions change.

cad
The fact that we know now that some of the Framers owned slaves does not detract from their remarkable accomplishments.

No one's life should be judged entirely on their worst deeds.

Some of us are mature enough to understand that great people were not always great.

Given the fact that no Republican President since Teddy Roosevelt has been respected by history, it only stands to reason that the Republicans would choose to rewrite that history rather than remake their flawed party

when i was going through middle school, the founding fathers and christopher columbus were heros.

now the fathers are rich white slaveowners who didn't want to pay their taxes and columbus' greatest accomplishment was genocide.

perceptions change.

Reality changes too! Just look at the history books and revisionist history!

Given the fact that no Republican President since Teddy Roosevelt has been respected by history, it only stands to reason that the Republicans would choose to rewrite that history rather than remake their flawed party

RW - which obama poicy got us out of the ditch?

you mean no republican president has been respected by progressive historians?

that is odd

Only in the netherworld of right wing "thinking" could the President who defeated the Nazi's be so maligned.
Since Reagan's "theory" that if you cut rich people's and corporation's taxes and increased military spending you would end up with a "balanced budget", this country has borrowed over twelve trillion dollars. The vast majority of it BEFORE President Obama was elected. The only President in the last thiry years to balance a budget was President Clinton. Reagan and the Bushes never vetoed any spending bills so put away your phony talking points about the Democrats spending.

In 1979 the US was the greatest producer of finished goods in the world. We are now the greatest imported of finished goods. The US at that time was the greatest crediter nation in the world. Now we are the greatest debter nation.

Reagan and his policies ushered in what has been called the "Conservative Era". It's been great for capitalists, but for ordinary Americans it has been a disaster.

If you think more of the same is the answer, then vote for the RepuliCONs. When wages continue to fall you can look at yourself in the mirror and ask "How gould I have been so stupid?"

Omg what does it take? I want Reagan to be as great as fdr even if it takes 20% unemployment for a decade, internment of a whole race of people, performing medical experiments on blacks that would make the nazis jealous, threaten to pack the Supreme Court. There's just no pleasing progressives

For Reagan to be as great as FDR he would have to

- Lead the nation out of the countries worst Depression
- Establish Social Security
- Lead the largest military buildup in world history
- Lead the nation in a world war on multiple fronts
- Lead the development of an Atomic Bomb
- Turn the US from one of the most powerful to a Super Power
- Turn the US from isolationist to a World Power

The revisionists are the vast minority here. FDR is considered continually among the top 3. The very small minority certainly have the right to voice their dissent. Then they are easily dismissed. Such is the case here.

The revisionists are the vast minority here. FDR is considered continually among the top 3. The very small minority certainly have the right to voice their dissent. Then they are easily dismissed. Such is the case here.

In all honesty, this is just Frankies latest attempt at trolling

Claim that Crazy Joe McCarthy is great while FDR is a loser and irritate the lefties

Give it time and he will move on to something else

perceptions change.
I too yearn for the good old days when the good guys wore whites and bad guys wore black hats with no irritating shades of grey. In the quest to know absolutely everything about all historical figures, we keep learning so many things that we would rather not know. Too learn that the great figures in our history were just human with all the frailties and faults of the common man is disturbing.

1981: 24.9, 1982: 21.7%, 1983: 20.1%, 1984: 16.9%, 1985: 14.3%, 1986: 19.0%, 1987: 17.2%

and he would have let blacks get ebola and have it go untreated for 20 years, just to see what happens.

Just to keep the record straight --The Civil Rights Act was passed by a Democratic Congress under LBJ in 1964.

A lessor know bill, the Civil Rights Voter Protection act also know as the Civil Rights act of 1957 was passed by a Democratic Congress in 1957 under Ike.

For Reagan to be as Great as FDR, I'd have to swallow a gallon of arsenic laced koolaid and tie my balls in a knot.

In all honesty, this is just Frankies latest attempt at trolling

Claim that Crazy Joe McCarthy is great while FDR is a loser and irritate the lefties

Give it time and he will move on to something else
and you will make USMB safe by trolling after him and giving his every utterance credibility if not validity.

r u FraNK'S SOCK PUPPET?

:lol:

Forum List

Back