For readers of the Bible, what version(s) is your preference?

The Bible version I read and recommend is

• King James

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • New International

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • English Standard

• New Living Translation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New American Standard

• New King James

• Contemporary English

• New Revised Standard Version

• Other

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters

my2¢

So it goes
May 14, 2010
Arizona's Maricopa County
I have my old reliable King James and bought a Contemporary English version last year. For those that read the Bible, I'm just curious what version(s) you read and recommend?

I have my old reliable King James and bought a Contemporary English version last year. For those that read the Bible, I'm just curious what version(s) you read and recommend?

Darby. Pretty accurate translation.

NIV

It's just easier to read, for me....plus I like the NIV's Student Bible

Yea I love my NIV study bible..a little more to read then the old boring basic King James.

Attachments

• 0316162204b.jpg
    0316162204b.jpg
    272.3 KB · Views: 101

I have a King James and for the Old Test I have a Tanakh.

Have only read KJV and NIV cover to cover. I also have a bible app with many versions I use to compare verses when nessesary.
KJV for me.

I don't know enough to make a recommendation but I like and choose the English Standard Version...I choose that one because I thought that it perfectly translated Psalms 69:22-28.

None of the above they are all tainted....You are not to add to or delete as per Deutoronomy everyone above is corrupted... Course if there was a version that I would trust it would be the KGV... King Gd version but hey most go by James who is neither shaken nor stirred and is the wrong one to Bond to too say the least....

I find it similar to a more modern KJV in terms of reading and searching.

I would suggest it as a first read of the Bible before the kjv

The new world translation have corrected the errors made by the great apostasy centuries ago to fit false council teachings. And the teachings of Jesus proves it correct.

Bible in Aramaic: Based on Old Manuscripts and Printed Texts
by Alexander Sperber (Editor)

or better yet the actual Aramaic version

If you really wanted to go for the gusto........
there is a $22 million bible that was found in Turkey that has been suppressed by the Christian Church for years.

In one gospel it >>treats Jesus as a human being and not a God. It rejects the ideas of the Holy Trinity and the Crucifixion<<

It includes the Gospel of Barnabas

>>leather-bound, gold-lettered book, penned in Jesus’ native Aramaic language<<

The book is believed to be almost 2000 yr old

The King James version of the Bible is not the Bible because he took out the following books:

Tobit, Judith, 1 and 2 Maccabees, Wisdom, Ecclesiasticus, and Baruch

Didn't the Catholic Church add to the Bible? | Catholic Answers

Protestants took out these books because they contained passages that contradicted Protestant doctrine.

2 Maccabee 12 supports the notion of resurrection of the dead, praying for the dead, and purgatory:

scripture

Also, it's a very interesting read, with lots of bloodshed and slaughter.

But if you want to condemn the Jews for being bloodthirsty, please recall that our own nation slaughtered hundreds of thousands of civilians in bombing attacks during World War II.

Also, King James told his scribes to mistranslate the Bible to be consistent with Protestant doctrine, so the KJV Bible is not a real Bible.

"Peace on Earth, good will towards men" is a deliberate mistranslation.

What the passage really says is: "Peace on Earth to men of good will."

PEACE ON EARTH TO MEN OF GOOD WILL

Forum List

Back