For Pale Rider, Listening, Conservative, and GHook93...

I expected some gloating, I really really did.

But what kind of low life XXXX uses someone else bet to do so from?

Did you make a similar bet?

ummm... when someone makes a wager they should gladly carry out the terms of it when the time comes. Otherwise, they should not make the wager in the 1st place. Why are you defending "daving" asswipe?

people that are welching on their bets are not honorable people anyway.

Well, so far the gentlemen in question appear to be honoring their bets. Their last posts were:

007 -- just one post, at 7:33PST this morning

(I think we oughta cut 007 some slack, though, on account of his dad died just last week after a painful terminal illness. It doesn't seem right to me that he should lose his pa, then the election of his fave candidate, and then his fave forum, too. I mean, stupid bets aside, anyone here who gives a d*mn about him really oughta message him and invite him back.)

Conservative -- Last post was at 8:35PST last night:

It's been fun...
Well, it looks like Obama has another 4 years.

As many of you know, I have a bet with Candycorn RDD & Salt Jones regarding the outcome.

As I am a man of my word, should the call for Obama hold and he have that 2nd term, this will be my last post on this board. No socks, nothing.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

It has been... interesting. I will miss this place. A bit.

Goodbye all. Well, almost all.

GHook93 -- One post at 8:55PST this a.m. He appears to have wanted to say everything all at once in one last post, so I'll only quote his last line:

Remember where you were and what you did when Rome Fell!!! When Rome fell the last time, the Dark Ages began and there was no safe place left in the world!

(It's a little melodramatic IMHO... but if it's really his last post here, then I suppose he may be forgiven a sense of drama.)

Lastly, Listening posted at 7:41PST last night:

The more uniformed people voting, the better chances democrats have, and you know it.
Which uniformed people? Police or Military?
They get welfare too ?

I'm thinking that if he'd realized it would be his last post, he might have given it a little more thought... but then, maybe he isn't the sort to give any of his posts much thought?

Would anyone here care to write an epitaph for these four?

-- Paravani

Last edited:
I bought a 64 bit Commodore and we used DOS. Dial up was a dollar a hour.

Oh, wow, that IS a blast from the past!

Before I bought our first DOS-based computer, we were limping along with a Commodore64 that was a hand-me-down from my brother-in-law. All it had was a word-processor, but I used it to write up most of my school papers.

The last straw for that "computer" (which was set up on a desk in our bedroom) was when I finally finished my 20-page Physics term paper at 2:00am, and then set it to print on the dot-matrix printer. Each line took several passes to print:

zzzt... zzzt... zzzt... zzzt... dit-dit-dit-dit-dit...

... which continued for approximately the next four hours, all night long in the corner of our bedroom... or until about twenty minutes before I had to get up and go to school the next day.

(My husband is laughing, and imitating the noises the printer made. He says, "I remember that night VERY well!")

:lol:

-- Paravani

You were lucky, I had physics before Wang, Commodor etc. So it was the old fashioned way, I did have an Olivetti electric self correcting typewriter. It was a dream machine after all those books I wrote in college.
I was in the ,ilitary before Wang came around also, triple copy forms, one mistake, do it over, blah!

Well, so far the gentlemen in question appear to be honoring their bets. Their last posts were:

(I think we oughta cut 007 some slack, though, on account of his dad died just last week after a painful terminal illness. It doesn't seem right to me that he should lose his pa, then the election of his fave candidate, and then his fave forum, too. I mean, stupid bets aside, anyone here who gives a d*mn about him really oughta message him and invite him back.)

It's been fun...

As many of you know, I have a bet with Candycorn RDD & Salt Jones regarding the outcome.

As I am a man of my word, should the call for Obama hold and he have that 2nd term, this will be my last post on this board. No socks, nothing.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

GHook93 -- One post at 8:55PST this a.m. He appears to have wanted to say everything all at once in one last post, so I'll only quote his last line:

(It's a little melodramatic IMHO... but if it's really his last post here, then I suppose he may be forgiven a sense of drama.)

They get welfare too ?

I'm thinking that if he'd realized it would be his last post, he might have given it a little more thought... but then, maybe he isn't the sort to give any of his posts much thought?

-- Paravani

When Rome fell? Hell it was around a thousand more years in Constantinople.

if their posts were not after @ 11:00 pm last night, they don't count as official last posts because the race had not been called yet. A couple of them I never expected an honorable exit anyway. Lets not forget, no one forced them to make wagers. Their big mouths put them in the position they are in.

if their posts were not after @ 11:00 pm last night, they don't count as official last posts because the race had not been called yet. A couple of them I never expected an honorable exit anyway. Lets not forget, no one forced them to make wagers. Their big mouths put them in the position they are in.

They'll be back in a week as socks.

Nah, I think a couple of 'em established their sock identities as soon as the bets were made. I'm pretty sure that I've already run into two of them.

-- Paravani

It's been fun...

They get welfare too ?

-- Paravani

I'm surprised ghook was dumb enough to take a sucker bet. Well, not really. :D

What a bunch of petty assholes you clowns are...... especially that osama as slicker JosefK...... you really have nothing better to write about?

Nah, I think a couple of 'em established their sock identities as soon as the bets were made. I'm pretty sure that I've already run into two of them.

-- Paravani

Longknife...AZmike come to mind.

People should honor their bets....like Neotrotsky did by changing his avatar to a nice picture of Obama.

Forum List

Back