For Pale Rider, Listening, Conservative, and GHook93...

Who could possibly give a fuck about you? Where were you posting in 1997, the internet didn't become commercially viable until 95 and you were posting somewhere in 97......sure you were.

Look, another tough-talking homosexuality-obsessed teenager who doesn't know about using a text-based Unix host to access Usenet. That was very popular by 1990. These kids don't seem to get that the internet existed before web browsers.

I've been posting on one forum or another since 1997. How long have you been posting?

-- Paravani

Who could possibly give a fuck about you? Where were you posting in 1997, the internet didn't become commercially viable until 95 and you were posting somewhere in 97......sure you were.

I think we just figured out about how old you are, son. You may take for granted that I'm approximately old enough to be your mama.

I started posting in what we called "chat rooms" in 1997... maybe even sooner, because it was back when "Windows" actually had windows that held various files and programs -- Windows 3.1, it was. By that time I'd been computer-savvy for four years, having bought my first computer when I started going to college for my degree in electrical engineering.

The winter of 1992-93 I had to take FORTRAN programming language (it was required for any engineering degree), and I got straight A's even though my younger classmates had to help me get in and out of the programming interface because I didn't know DOS. It was only the first of many such courses, and I quickly realized that a computer was necessary for my continuing education... so I spent the whole summer reading Computer Shopper, learning about hardware, and finally custom-ordering a $1200 machine that came pre-loaded with DOS. We also bought a 56K modem so we could enjoy "high speed" internet and new-fangled email... and the next Christmas I tried to find a doll for our daughter on the internet, but it was hopeless: you couldn't find anything fit for a child to see back then by searching for "dolls", "girls' dolls", "baby dolls", or "girls' toys"! :eek:

... Anyone else here remember those days?

-- Paravani

Remember the old Acme message boards? I was posting there in the early- to mid-90s.

I can remember thinking that there was just no way I would ever use email very much.

And, I remember talking to a tech support guy with our dial up service and him saying he built his first computer so he could go on line. That was early- to mid-90s.

Internet has been around for a long long time.

I don't really care if they leave the board or not (though it would be nice if they'd tone down the rhetoric for a while).

But geez, it was just too good an opportunity to post Marilyn! I couldn't turn it down...

... and I knew you'd agree, Sarah! :lol:

-- Paravani

Yo............................Shit Arrow.........................go fuck yourself asshole.

Thanks, Biker... but it's a fair question (though rudely phrased).

I've been posting for over a decade on another forum which shall remain un-named because they kicked me off. Their standards are (needless to say) much stricter than USMB's, so I'm in no danger of being 86ed from here.

I've been back to that old forum (which was dying anyway), and it seems that they have re-visited their decision to remove me. My avatar is back up there, and my profile, posting history, friends, etc. have all been reinstated as well... but as I said, the board was getting pretty dead there, possibly due to their unwarranted haste in removing members of long standing who start interesting if controversial threads.

If you find any of my old posts on that forum, you'll recognize me immediately: same avatar as here, same profile name, even same email addy.

I've been posting on one forum or another since 1997. How long have you been posting?

-- Paravani

And you are?

Look, another tough-talking homosexuality-obsessed teenager who doesn't know about using a text-based Unix host to access Usenet. That was very popular by 1990. These kids don't seem to get that the internet existed before web browsers.

agreed. Joined @ 9 yrs ago & has @ LESS THAN 5K posts too. :rolleyes: Not much commitment/determination for a boot-strap con :lol: What a maroon.

Last edited:
You don't even know those members. You're a noob so to speak. So typical for people to talk about others behind their backs.

Yup, when you're right, you're right. I don't personally know the four who made the bet to leave USMB if Obama won; and although I've seen a few of their posts, I've never been tempted to start any real conversation with them. So yeah, I agree it wouldn't be fair to talk about them, other than to discuss their very-public promise to leave USMB if they lost their bets.

That said... it's STILL a terrific opportunity to post a final thread to appropriately commemorate their departure. I mean, who wouldn't want to be memorialized by Marilyn Monroe?

... But I can understand if opera sung by 10 year old Jackie Evancho might not be your style...

So how about a little country?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0WlZn1Glqo]Diana DeGarmo - Good Goodbye - Single - YouTube[/ame]

Sending love and kisses to the four posters who provided the reason for this thread....

-- Paravani

Last edited:
Who the fuck are you? A member for less than a month, go fuck yourself!

Yo............................Shit Arrow.........................go fuck yourself asshole.

I now understand why The Marines don't claim the Navy, no honor....... a fake commander in chief murders 4 decent men and you happily support the asshole........ I sincerely doubt that a Marine on this planet supported that pansy assed crook that you helped get back in.......and on top of that the gay blade will decimate the military in order to buy more votes for the dumbest among us looking for a handout. That is who you support, a guy that rejects the GOD you claim to love and worships a child molesting pile of pig shit. Good for you scooter, your boy stole the election and is about as authentic American as the 95% foreign made joke you claim to ride.

Yo..............Shit Arrow..............got news for you chumpsteak, the Marines CAN'T claim the Navy, because the Marines are actually a subdivision OF the Navy. Look on any Marine's LES (Leave and Earnings Statement) and it says "Department of the Navy" on it, not Department of the Marines.

As far as the rest of your crap? You DO realize it was the GOP that blocked funding for the embassies when Obama asked for more, right? If their blood is on anyone's hands, it's the GOP.

BTW..............what should he have done? Were there assets in the area that were immediately available to go pick them up? Do you even know what the range of a basic combat helo is?

Might wanna check up on some real facts before showing your ass.

Should Obama win, I will be the only one to keep their word and not post here again.

Pale Rider/007 has taken the bet

Conservative has taken the bet

GHook has taken the bet

Listening has taken the bet

I'm sure that many of us will be sorry to see you go... so, just for the four of you (and anyone else who wishes to self-identify)...

May you all enjoy your lives and posts on the new boards you will find...

-- Paravani

Pale Rider/007 AND Warbler in the same post :tongue: :eusa_clap:
Want to bet? You can have anyone but Obama. I'll take Obama. If Obama wins you never come back to this site. I do the same if anyone but Obama wins.

Deal.

Bye.

Book it. No getting out of it now.

I don't really care if they leave the board or not (though it would be nice if they'd tone down the rhetoric for a while).

But geez, it was just too good an opportunity to post Marilyn! I couldn't turn it down...

-- Paravani

I've been posting for over a decade on another forum which shall remain un-named because they kicked me off. Their standards are (needless to say) much stricter than USMB's, so I'm in no danger of being 86ed from here.

I've been back to that old forum (which was dying anyway), and it seems that they have re-visited their decision to remove me. My avatar is back up there, and my profile, posting history, friends, etc. have all been reinstated as well... but as I said, the board was getting pretty dead there, possibly due to their unwarranted haste in removing members of long standing who start interesting if controversial threads.

If you find any of my old posts on that forum, you'll recognize me immediately: same avatar as here, same profile name, even same email addy.

-- Paravani

I'm pretty sure we started out with an online service in the 80's called prodigy and switched to aol in the early 90's. Our first computer didn't even have a hard drive, it had two 5 and 1/4 inch floppy drives. And yes, we got on prodigy with that. I'm old.

I'm wondering why how long someone has been a member here has any bearing on the posts that they actually make.

A newbie with a brain and facts beats some mouthbreathing extremist who posts nothing but bullshit and have been here for a while. Ever hear of Sunni Man?

Oh wow.. Sitarro...

talk about a blast from the past.

-- Paravani

Who the fuck are you? A member for less than a month, go fuck yourself!

-- Paravani

Sounds like Hey Martha

-- Paravani

I'm pretty sure we started out with an online service in the 80's called prodigy and switched to aol in the early 90's. Our first computer didn't even have a hard drive, it had two 5 and 1/4 inch floppy drives. And yes, we got on prodigy with that. I'm old.

I bought a 64 bit Commador and we used DOS. Dial up was a dollar a hour.

Last edited:
I'm sure that many of us will be sorry to see you go... so, just for the four of you (and anyone else who wishes to self-identify)...

May you all enjoy your lives and posts on the new boards you will find...

-- Paravani

Don't worry. They'll either go back on their word and stay or come back in the form of a sock.

I bought a 64 bit Commodore and we used DOS. Dial up was a dollar a hour.

Oh, wow, that IS a blast from the past!

Before I bought our first DOS-based computer, we were limping along with a Commodore64 that was a hand-me-down from my brother-in-law. All it had was a word-processor, but I used it to write up most of my school papers.

The last straw for that "computer" (which was set up on a desk in our bedroom) was when I finally finished my 20-page Physics term paper at 2:00am, and then set it to print on the dot-matrix printer. Each line took several passes to print:

zzzt... zzzt... zzzt... zzzt... dit-dit-dit-dit-dit...

... which continued for approximately the next four hours, all night long in the corner of our bedroom... or until about twenty minutes before I had to get up and go to school the next day.

(My husband is laughing, and imitating the noises the printer made. He says, "I remember that night VERY well!")

:lol:

-- Paravani

Last edited:

Forum List

Back