For Pale Rider, Listening, Conservative, and GHook93...

I'm surprised ghook was dumb enough to take a sucker bet. Well, not really. :D

Apparently, he had no problem taking the bet because he had no intention of honoring it.

-- Paravani

Just stfu already. You're a fucking noob nobody. Why don't you fucking leave.

Negged for being a hall monitor

Grampa, if it isn't fun for you, what on earth IS fun for you?

I mean, do you really think negging people hurts their widdle feewings? Do you think you have even an ounce of power to affect anyone's life here?

It's just a game, Grampa. USMB is a game where people can have fun, and the only power you have here is whatever power any other individual decides to give you over them. That's it; that's the sum total.

Rep means nothing, get it? It's useful for giving people a pat on the back and making them feel good -- but that's all it's good for. You can't use it to shut someone up or get them kicked off the board; you can't even use it to affect their reputation, not really, because people here actually remember what others wrote, and THAT's what builds reputation.

And to top it all off, the notices that someone has given you rep don't even tell you if it's negative or positive! So of course someone like me assumes that all my reps are positive, because I pretty much like everyone here, even grumpy people like you!

So please feel free to accept the thank-you note I sent you in the spirit in which it was given... and please feel free to accept the Friend request I sent you, too.

Silly Grampa... Reps are for kids.

-- Paravani

Last edited:
I'm surprised ghook was dumb enough to take a sucker bet. Well, not really. :D

Apparently, he had no problem taking the bet because he had no intention of honoring it.

-- Paravani

I looked at a few other boards. I still like this one. So I am welching on bet, so shoot me!

Hiya, GHook! Welcome back!

Thanks for being man enough to show your face again! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Hey, you wanna check into Candy's "Cruisin' " thread while you're still eating crow? It would please her no end to be able to gloat over you!

*Paravani's pleased to see GHook, does the dance, does the dance*

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Ya s'pose Conservative, 007, and Listening might check in here anytime soon?

(IMHO, those who are "honoring" their bets are just cowards who don't have the guts to stick around to face the music when they've been proven wrong, wrong, wrong... )

-- Paravani

-- Paravani

I looked at a few other boards. I still like this one. So I am welching on bet, so shoot me!

Hiya, GHook! Welcome back!

Thanks for being man enough to show your face again! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Hey, you wanna check into Candy's "Cruisin' " thread while you're still eating crow? It would please her no end to be able to gloat over you!

*Paravani's pleased to see GHook, does the dance, does the dance*

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Ya s'pose Conservative, 007, and Listening might check in here anytime soon?

(IMHO, those who are "honoring" their bets are just cowards who don't have the guts to stick around to face the music when they've been proven wrong, wrong, wrong... )

-- Paravani

If they are honoring their bets how are they cowards?:confused:

"Honoring their bets" is cowardice because it's the easy way out.

It is much harder to admit publicly that one was wrong; and further, that one values a forum enough to return, eat humble pie, and accept the forgiveness (and gloating) of others there.

You're a proud man, aren't you? Well, which choice would be easier for you?

For me, it would be much easier to just find another forum... but because I can't abide cowardice in myself, I'd probably "man up" and take my licks.

... That is, if I'd been foolish enough to make such a bet!

-- Paravani

It is much harder to admit publicly that one was wrong; and further, that one values a forum enough to return, eat humble pie, and accept the forgiveness (and gloating) of others there.

For me, it would be much easier to just find another forum... but because I can't abide cowardice in myself, I'd probably "man up" and take my licks.

... That is, if I'd been foolish enough to make such a bet!

-- Paravani

I'm confused, if I make a bet with someone that I will leave this board if the Celtics lose tonight for example, and they lose, how am I a coward for honoring the bet?:confused: As we can see honoring a bet it not as easy as some think it is.

For me, it would be much easier to just find another forum... but because I can't abide cowardice in myself, I'd probably "man up" and take my licks. .. That is, if I'd been foolish enough to make such a bet!
-- Paravani
I'm confused, if I make a bet with someone that I will leave this board if the Celtics lose tonight for example, and they lose, how am I a coward for honoring the bet?:confused: As we can see honoring a bet it not as easy as some think it is.

Pay no attention to her she has breathed in too much bird shit.

If my self-esteem depended in the least bit on "reps", it would be soaring based purely on the caliber of posters here who have negged me in the past 24!

Really, judging by their posts elsewhere, if they don't like me I must be doing something right!

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

-- Paravani

Bye condescending bitch.

This message is hidden because paravani is on your ignore list.

Gravity, I luv ya, but you're taking this board WAY too seriously.

Look, if you bet a dollar on the game and you welch, then it's like stealing because if the other guy had lost you would have taken the dollar from him, right?

But this here is a virtual forum. It has no existence other than a bunch of quantum-electronic on-off switches on a coupla servers in a cool dark room somewhere.

There is NOTHING you can bet here that actually has any real-world value. We are in a room that doesn't exist.

Get it?

So, if you bet that you are, or are not, going to be in this room (that doesn't exist) in the future if some event does or does not happen in the real world (which does exist... I think)...

... Then what, exactly, are you betting, and how would it be "stealing" if you decided not to "honor" that bet?

-- Paravani

Gravity, I luv ya, but you're taking this board WAY too seriously.

Look, if you bet a dollar on the game and you welch, then it's like stealing because if the other guy had lost you would have taken the dollar from him, right?

But this here is a virtual forum. It has no existence other than a bunch of quantum-electronic on-off switches on a coupla servers in a cool dark room somewhere.

There is NOTHING you can bet here that actually has any real-world value. We are in a room that doesn't exist.

Get it?

So, if you bet that you are, or are not, going to be in this room (that doesn't exist) in the future if some event does or does not happen in the real world (which does exist... I think)...

... Then what, exactly, are you betting, and how would it be "stealing" if you decided not to "honor" that bet?

-- Paravani

I don't look at it in a coward/brave person light, I (like most people who have served in the military) look at it from the side of honor.

Honor to me is very important, and if I bet something and then lose? I pay up.

But, that's just me and HG.

So Warrior did not take the bet? He is such a rational and caring individual...I miss his light hearted banter and intellectial debate....NOT!

Forum List

Back