For MONTHS the polls told us Biden was the frontrunner.

biden is sinking like the island of guam, at this point, even a used ford pinto will beat Biden

Then the voters & REALITY gave pollsters and the fake media the middle finger. Biden was NEVER in the lead lol

I look forward to the morons who tout presidential polls over the next few months.

So the polls are right now and Sanders is the front runner? Is that what you're saying?
The pollsters like Pelosi are bending the knee so they don't appear obsolete

Pelosi isn't a pollster.

Why would they bend at the knee now right before super Tuesday? If they are meant to deceive the voter and the only election between now and super Tuesday is South Carolina that Biden is probably going to win then wouldn't they want to try to trick as many people to support Biden? I mean, that's your reasoning why polls exist, right? To shape the electorate?

I think it's pretty obvious you have crack pot theories about polls because they often demonstrate that the public at large often disagrees with you.
The polls are wrong. Have been for some time. And yes, their purpose is to shape public opinion. When that goal fails they ALWAYS point to the popular vote vs actual results.
If they were honest polls would be conducted in the same manner our elections are so the outcome would represent REALITY.

But that's asking too much so we get polls with small samples of people who may not even be registered voters and polls that sample more democrats than republicans.

The only thing more corrupt than pollsters is Bernie Madoff

i often wondered if CNN/PMS NBC generally took their polls mostly in los angeles and new nork

Then the voters & REALITY gave pollsters and the fake media the middle finger. Biden was NEVER in the lead lol

I look forward to the morons who tout presidential polls over the next few months.

So the polls are right now and Sanders is the front runner? Is that what you're saying?

Pelosi isn't a pollster.

Why would they bend at the knee now right before super Tuesday? If they are meant to deceive the voter and the only election between now and super Tuesday is South Carolina that Biden is probably going to win then wouldn't they want to try to trick as many people to support Biden? I mean, that's your reasoning why polls exist, right? To shape the electorate?

I think it's pretty obvious you have crack pot theories about polls because they often demonstrate that the public at large often disagrees with you.
The polls are wrong. Have been for some time. And yes, their purpose is to shape public opinion. When that goal fails they ALWAYS point to the popular vote vs actual results.

What? They usually poll the popular vote in national polls. In 2016 they were pretty accurate. They had Clinton leading about 2-3% and that's what she did.

If they were honest polls would be conducted in the same manner our elections are so the outcome would represent REALITY.

That would be a more difficult task each pollster would have to target all 50 states, weight them accordingly ensure they poll enough people which would be thousands and thousands more than they would need in a national poll. Who is going to pay for all of that? Certainly not you or I. Anyway, I don't think anyone is confused (except you) that national polls look at the popular vote.

But that's asking too much so we get polls with small samples of people who may not even be registered voters and polls that sample more democrats than republicans.

Which were accurate. They also used some national polls to project the House elections and were also pretty accurate in 2018.

Kind of a dumb line there.

Why would you poll "likely" voters if not for a desired outcome?

Question 1.
Are you registered to vote and will you vote?

Yes... move onto question 2.

No... thank you for your time.CLICK.

That, is how you start a real poll.

Why would you poll "likely" voters if not for a desired outcome?

Question 1.
Are you registered to vote and will you vote?

Yes... move onto question 2.

No... thank you for your time.CLICK.

That, is how you start a real poll.

They often poll both. For example in 2008 a lot of people who never voted before came out. In 2016 not as much however they still accurately predicted the outcome. I think polling for both is important.

It's also a datapoint pollsters don't hide in the crosstabs they clearly mark the polls for registered and likely voters.

Pelosi isn't a pollster.

What? They usually poll the popular vote in national polls. In 2016 they were pretty accurate. They had Clinton leading about 2-3% and that's what she did.

That would be a more difficult task each pollster would have to target all 50 states, weight them accordingly ensure they poll enough people which would be thousands and thousands more than they would need in a national poll. Who is going to pay for all of that? Certainly not you or I. Anyway, I don't think anyone is confused (except you) that national polls look at the popular vote.

Which were accurate. They also used some national polls to project the House elections and were also pretty accurate in 2018.

Earth to Happy Joy - the Hildebeast LOST in 2016 because of our wonderful Electoral College. Thank you.

Pelosi isn't a pollster.

Earth to Happy Joy - the Hildebeast LOST in 2016 because of our wonderful Electoral College. Thank you.

We're talking about the accuracy of polls gauging public opinion. Try to stay on topic.

Pelosi isn't a pollster.

We're talking about the accuracy of polls gauging public opinion. Try to stay on topic.
"Public opinion"

Everyone has an "opinion"
Very few act on it so why the fuck count their POINTLESS opinions?

It's like the people on here who say voting is a waste of time. Beyond stupid on a massive scale. They fulfill their own prophecy. If all of them idiots voted we would have a far different nation. Good or bad I don't know.

Pelosi isn't a pollster.

"Public opinion"

Act on what? Voting? A lot do and like I said polls are usually pretty accurate in that regard especially when you are looking at a diverse group of pollsters. I'm not really sure what your point is.

It's like the people on here who say voting is a waste of time. Beyond stupid on a massive scale. They fulfill their own prophecy. If all of them idiots voted we would have a far different nation. Good or bad I don't know.

This has nothing to do with polling. This is your views on voter apathy.

"Public opinion"

Act on what? Voting? A lot do and like I said polls are usually pretty accurate in that regard especially when you are looking at a diverse group of pollsters. I'm not really sure what your point is.

I made my point on the first page.

Pollsters are not trustworthy. They have the capability to create polls that reflect actual election results but they don't. It's too easy to try to shape public opinion then rely of the popular vote or likely voters to excuse your poll that failed to reflect the actual outcome of the presidential election.

"Public opinion"

I made my point on the first page.

Pollsters are not trustworthy. They have the capability to create polls that reflect actual election results but they don't. It's too easy to try to shape public opinion then rely of the popular vote or likely voters to excuse your poll that failed to reflect the actual outcome of the presidential election.

I've already told you it'd be a lot more work and money to accurately poll the electoral college. So, they poll the general populace there is nothing underhanded about this as they aren't hiding it. I don't know anyone who looks at a national poll and think this is how the electoral college works. As a matter of fact it's talked about every 4 yours.

So, to recap, polling for the electoral college...expensive and time consuming.

Nobody but cavemen are confused about what a national poll is polling.

National polls more often than not accurately predict what they are polling, the national popular vote.

Where is the dishonesty? Let alone you started this off by talking about the Democratic primary where there are numerous state and national polls. What are you smoking?

I've already told you it'd be a lot more work and money to accurately poll

Indeed you did! And as we know that "more work" is like the sun to the vampire for the leftists.

Thread and issue solved!

Polls have a shelf life and if it took 2 weeks to poll enough people in every state then it'd be out of date by the time they post it. It'd require more work which would mean more money. Are you OK?

Indeed you did! And as we know that "more work" is like the sun to the vampire for the leftists.

Thread and issue solved!

Polls have a shelf life and if it took 2 weeks to poll enough people in every state then it'd be out of date by the time they post it. It'd require more work which would mean more money. Are you OK?
If the politicians took a position and stayed on message there would be no reason for a poll to suddenly change.
But you can't have a rational position one week then raise your hand for open borders a week later and expect the public to not puke at your feet.

Pollsters want to do the job, just not the work apparently. And fuck off with the money bullshit. The media, who pays for these polls, is filthy fucking rich.

Thread and issue solved!

If the politicians took a position and stayed on message there would be no reason for a poll to suddenly change.
But you can't have a rational position one week then raise your hand for open borders a week later and expect the public to not puke at your feet.

What? Pollsters aren't responsible for what politicians do plus there are other factors. Like name recognition grows, a scandal breaks a position is better outlined a debate happens, etc,. Your premise is ridiculous.

Pollsters want to do the job, just not the work apparently. And fuck off with the money bullshit. The media, who pays for these polls, is filthy fucking rich.

The media isn't going to wait weeks to get a poll back and no, their revenue often due to the internet has shrunk not grown.

Did you notice that every single one of your arguments is failing?

You really don't understand statistics or what polls actually measure, do you? Oh well. You probably thought those general polls referred to individual caucuses
Knock, knock :nocknockHT:anybody home?

The caucus outcomes should have reflected both,
the national polls and the individual caucuses

They reflected neither

Picking up from where I left off....
Polls measure the ingenuity of a pollsters ability to achieve a pre designated outcome.

On this I am 97% sure
Dude, you don't have to try to convince me you're an idiot. That would be preaching to the converted.
Stop showing off!

No need to prove you're an idiot...we already know

The media wanted joe but they realize that they couldn’t play it off their candidate was stupid! Joe Biden is that one time wonder we saw this in 2008.

Joe Biden is still the front runner for the moment. If he wins big in SC, we will see Sanders fade fast. Sanders needs to over perform in SC, or the media will call the win an inflection point, the comeback kid, and all that stuff. Biden could then dominate following Super Tuesday. Then off to the Convention to see Bernie take his medicine once again.

Joe Biden is still the front runner for the moment. If he wins big in SC, we will see Sanders fade fast. Sanders needs to over perform in SC, or the media will call the win an inflection point, the comeback kid, and all that stuff. Biden could then dominate following Super Tuesday. Then off to the Convention to see Bernie take his medicine once again.

Currently Sanders is the front runner, not Biden.

Forum List

Back