For GOP, a Good Crop of Senate Candidates

I am very proud of a lot of our candidates, not so much of others.

David Perdue is absolutely fantastic and is my favorite candidate this year. Bill Cassidy, Tom Cotton, Dan Sullivan, Steve Daines, Mike Rounds, Joni Ernst, Cory Gardner, and Shelley Capito are also all great. Most if not all should win, and all will put a good fight.

I really like Thom Tillis and he worked pretty extensively with my father when he was a consultant.....he is sagging a bit in polling, but I think he can overcome the slump when the legislature is out of session. I love Tillis for sticking it to the liberals in the legislature, but he is a bit polarizing and has a bit too much exposure.

McConnell is definitely the worst candidate of this cycle. He barely leads Grimes despite being in a state 27 points more Republican than the national average. Thomas Massie should have primaried McConnell instead of Matt Bevin. I hope he wins just because he is another R vote, but I hope that Thune becomes majority leader (not Ted Cruz, as he is simply too toxic right now).

Terri Land is also weak, and is sagging big time in polls now. Her starpower has faded and she was overhyped. Scott Brown and Ed Gillespie are similar stories.
Hopefully, Mike McFadden and Monica Wehby can make their races competitive. They seem like nice folks, but it does not seem super promising for them right now.

The others will either win or lose very easily.

Honestly, our candidates are all pretty good other than McConnell and Land. Time will tell if Tillis was too conservative and polarizing for North Carolina...I may love him, but I suspect North Carolina has preferences a tad to the left of Hoosier4Liberty´s.

I don't approve of Tom Cotton...he backtracks too much and seems to be a candidate prone to gaffes.

Joni Ernst is inexperienced other then the 3 and a half years in the state senate. I don't know yet if I'd consider her a strong candidate. The main two reasons she's tied in polls is the initial boost nominees get from winning a primary and Braley's stupid comment about Grassley being a Iowa Farmer. I don't know if it'll last, but maybe she can pull it off.

I don't approve of Tom Cotton...he backtracks too much and seems to be a candidate prone to gaffes.

Joni Ernst is inexperienced other then the 3 and a half years in the state senate. I don't know yet if I'd consider her a strong candidate. The main two reasons she's tied in polls is the initial boost nominees get from winning a primary and Braley's stupid comment about Grassley being a Iowa Farmer. I don't know if it'll last, but maybe she can pull it off.

Cotton has a killer life story and has been able to come back from a significant polling deficit. Ernst has done very well for a B class candidate and the fact that she is a female makes it even harder for gaffe prone Braley to attack her. I agree that we need to see more of her campaign to make a final judgment.

the good news is there is little to find at fault with the present Administration, the bad news is the public does not seem to be aware of it ...

Forum List

Back