For all those needing a good cry...

Moi

Sep 2, 2003
The ONLY GOOD place
I find this so sad. What a wonderful little girl. Her parents and the world are so worse off for her having passed away. I only hope the article is true...she felt no pain.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...18&e=10&u=/ap/20040802/ap_on_re_us/obit_scott

By MARYCLAIRE DALE, Associated Press Writer
PHILADELPHIA - A young cancer patient who started a lemonade stand to raise money for cancer research, sparking a nationwide fund-raising campaign that has raised hundreds of thousands of dollars, has died. She was 8.
Alexandra Scott, of Wynnewood, died peacefully Sunday at home on her favorite couch, her father, Jay Scott, said Monday.
…

Alex hoped that her Alex's Lemonade Stand charity would raise $1 million this year for cancer research. The effort has reached about $750,000, and Volvo of North America had pledged to hold a fall fund-raising event to assure that the $1 million goal would be reached, Jay Scott said.

Moi said:
I find this so sad. What a wonderful little girl. Her parents and the world are so worse off for her having passed away. I only hope the article is true...she felt no pain.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...18&e=10&u=/ap/20040802/ap_on_re_us/obit_scott

By MARYCLAIRE DALE, Associated Press Writer
PHILADELPHIA - A young cancer patient who started a lemonade stand to raise money for cancer research, sparking a nationwide fund-raising campaign that has raised hundreds of thousands of dollars, has died. She was 8.
Alexandra Scott, of Wynnewood, died peacefully Sunday at home on her favorite couch, her father, Jay Scott, said Monday.
…

Alex hoped that her Alex's Lemonade Stand charity would raise $1 million this year for cancer research. The effort has reached about $750,000, and Volvo of North America had pledged to hold a fall fund-raising event to assure that the $1 million goal would be reached, Jay Scott said.

I agree, though she is no longer in pain and her dream moves on...

Forum List

Back