For all the Bigoted Bakers, Fanatical Florists and Pharisee Photographers

They're lucky they got off w/ just a fine after terrorizing that couple. Sheesh.
Did you ever think that the whole thing was staged in order to force the issue, and sway public opinion? I do consider conspiracy theories on a case by case basis.

This will go to the Supreme Court, and their decision will mean either the upholding of religious freedom, or the death of religious freedom.

One may also ask if bigotry is a moral issue or a political one? If it is a moral issue, then perhaps it actually constitutes a "CHURCH/RELIGIOUS" concern. A "Christian" is governed by a HIGHER AUTHORITY! And a Christian's business should be above reproach instead of wallowing in the "moral" codes pronounced by government ---- if indeed any government which believes it is not under God's authority can be "moral". (One Nation Under God)

And again. There are historical indications that our government is acting in anyway but Constitutional. Our Constitution rests on the shoulders of the Declaration of Independence (which declares Divinely ENDOWED Rights) and not on Jefferson's letter to some Baptist Church.

So you are arguing that people should be allowed to ignore laws they don't like because their imaginary friend in the sky tells them to?

Is this your argument?

The thing is, you can't have freedom OF religion without freedom FROM religion. Otherwise, the religious majority just imposes its will on the religious minority.

Bingo. And that's exactly why PA laws are so important to statists such as yourself. Expanding government control over business is the whole point.

again, guy, if you don't like living in a civilized society, there's a great place you can go.

Likewise, if freedom pisses you off so much, there are countries that are as excited as you about seizing control of the "means of production".

Likewise, if freedom pisses you off so much, there are countries that are as excited as you about seizing control of the "means of production".

Not an issue of freedom.

Freedom would be, they don't bake me a cake, I burn down their stupid-ass little bakery.

But if there are laws that keep me from burning down their bakery if I don't like their service, there should also be laws to make sure they provide me with the services THEY PROMISE TO PROVIDE.

If they don't want to serve me, they shouldn't be in a business I might choose to patronize.

Not an issue of freedom.

Freedom would be, they don't bake me a cake, I burn down their stupid-ass little bakery.

No. That's coercive power. Which is what you're after.

Freedom implies a recognition that you can't bully others when they don't cater to your desires.

Not an issue of freedom.

Freedom implies a recognition that you can't bully others when they don't cater to your desires.

No, freedom is you should be able to walk into a store without someone denying you service because their Imaginary Friend in the Sky doesn't like the kind of sex you are having.

You have all the freedom inthe world to hate what kind of sex people are having. You can even pretend there's an imaginary man in the sky who agrees with you.

But the minute you open a business and say, "We provide Service X", then you need to provide Service X, just like you promised.

Not an issue of freedom.

No, freedom is you should be able to walk into a store without someone denying you service because their Imaginary Friend in the Sky doesn't like the kind of sex you are having.

You have all the freedom inthe world to hate what kind of sex people are having. You can even pretend there's an imaginary man in the sky who agrees with you.

But the minute you open a business and say, "We provide Service X", then you need to provide Service X, just like you promised.

Again, you're describing power, not freedom.

Agreed. Legislative accommodation violates equal protection and should have never been endorsed by the Court. If a law is found to violate the First Amendment, it should be invalidated as unconstitutional.

Businesses don't have First Amendment Rights.

Businesses have to comply with the laws governing commerce.

It's why Listerine can't claim to cure colds anymore. Because it isn't true.

Agreed. Legislative accommodation violates equal protection and should have never been endorsed by the Court. If a law is found to violate the First Amendment, it should be invalidated as unconstitutional.

Businesses don't have First Amendment Rights.
Business owners do.

sure they do. They have the right to not be in a business if they might offend their Imaginary Friend in the Sky in doing that business.

Once they've decided to be in that business, they can't refuse service to people.

And again, as I point out in the beginning of this thread, there are a SHITLOAD of religious rules these fools are ignoring in running their business. So their protests that "God doesn't like the gays" is just bullshit.

I mean, why not stone the gays, like the bible says, if you want to say, "My Belief in Sky Fairies allows me to ignore laws I don't like!"? Right? I mean, why isn't THAT justified. And then they can move on to stoning the girls who aren't virgins on their wedding nights. And then they can go ahead and stone their neighbors who work on Sunday.

Forum List

Back