For all my fellow gun nuts

Rabbi -

You were wrong in each of those instance - and you know you were wrong in each of those instances.

Please post honestly. No one will respect you for trying to weasel out of arguments you have obviously lost - not even your own side.

btw. I never claimed 90% of all weapons in Mexico came from the US. I claimed that Mexico was 'awash' with guns from the US, and this has been clearly established.

And no - neither of these claims have been proven false:

- You claim that guns increase the likelihood of violent death in a household

- Meanwhile you claim that countries with low rates of gun ownership

Not by any measure. You haven't even presented a case on either yet!

Again - PLEASE post honestly, or debate becomes simply impossible. It's much more fun when people can actually post with integrity - which also means accepting when the truth favours the other side on occasions.

So - present your case on my two claims, and then we can perhaps move on.

Ypu posted a story claiming 90% of guns in Mexico come from the U.S. It wasn't until that was debunked that you backtracked to say you didnt mean it.
How many is "awash"? You haven't defined it. It is an emotion-laden term that means nothing. What is an "assault weapon"? You haven't defined it, despite two requests to do so. It is an emotion laden term that means nothing. What is "big calibre weapon"? You havent defined it, despite two requests to do so. It is an emotion laden term that means nothing.
To support your contention that people (plural) are killed by Uzis (among the most strictly regulated guns in America) you post A story about One kid killed in an accident. That kind of dishonest statement reduces your credibility to one notch above Holocaust denier.

You claim that countries with restrictive gun laws have low rates of gun violence. I have shown that to be untrue. You claim that Switzerland isn't really in Europe and that all the guns there are locked up. That is absurdly untrue.

Every claim you have made is unsupported and refutable. Even when you try to weasel out of whatever wrong statement you made, you end up writing nonsense and junk.

Rabbi -

You are flailing away here, but really - you are going to have to do better than attacking things I never posted, and denying the three or four points you have posted which you know yourself are false.

Firstly -

You claimed that no one had ever been killed with an Uzi - we saw that this was false.

You claimed that many times more people drowned each year than die in gun violence - we sat that this was false also.

You claimed that doctors kill 250,000 people (I assume you mean per year.) This was found to be false - the actually number is around 1% of that!

Going back to edit your statements after they were proven false is just laughable.

You said them. They were false - that's it.

Secondly -

I have claimed that if you rank the Top 20 western countries by ownership, and rank the Top 20 countries by homicide, you will see a correlation of 18 or 19 out of 20.

You have not disproven this, nor indeed presented a a shred of evidence of do so, so claiming you have is, again, laughable.

Thirdly -

I claimed that Mexico is awash with US guns, and posted an article from the LA Timed which stated that more than 4,000 weapons bought in the US were seized in Mexico last year alone.

I call 4,000 weapons awash, and the ATF seems to agree with me.

Attacking something I didn't post does not score you many points.

Sodafin, merely repeating the same thing over and over doesn't make it any more true than the first time you posted it. And it wasn't true then.
4,000 weapons? In a country of hundreds of millions of people? For comparison I have sold 2,000 weapons in the last 3 years and no one is saying that my city is "awash" in guns.

Rabbi -

But come man - let's see some facts!

So fa on this thread you have not present a single piece of academic or scientific research!

When will you be proving that the rates of gun ownership around the world are NOT reflected in homicide rates?

When will you be proving that guns do NOT increase the likelihood of dwath by gun shot wound in the household?

Of course you don't consider Mexico "awash" with guns - after all, Mexico has a homicide rate of only 17.8% per 100,000 - around ten times that of similar nations, so why would it have a gun problem?

Rabbi -

But come man - let's see some facts!

So fa on this thread you have not present a single piece of academic or scientific research!

When will you be proving that the rates of gun ownership around the world are NOT reflected in homicide rates?

When will you be proving that guns do NOT increase the likelihood of dwath by gun shot wound in the household?

Of course you don't consider Mexico "awash" with guns - after all, Mexico has a homicide rate of only 17.8% per 100,000 - around ten times that of similar nations, so why would it have a gun problem?

You've just contradicted yourself. Again.
Mexico has some of the toughest laws against gun ownership. And yet has a crime problem.
Proving that guns do not increase the likelihood of anything is simple. Look at the bogus studies done and see that their methodology was flawed. Bingo. No proof whatsoever.

Mexico is not a western and developed country.

South Africa is not a western and developed country.

Of course you can compare the US with Iraq and come up smelling of roses, but that is so obviously intellectually dishonest I can't imagine why anyone would.

Why won't you compare the US with Canada? With Germany? With Australia? With England?

Is it because those comparisons show that lower gun ownership in those countries has mean lower homicide rates?

Mexico is not a western and developed country.

South Africa is not a western and developed country.

Of course you can compare the US with Iraq and come up smelling of roses, but that is so obviously intellectually dishonest I can't imagine why anyone would.

Why won't you compare the US with Canada? With Germany? With Australia? With England?

Is it because those comparisons show that lower gun ownership in those countries has mean lower homicide rates?

Merely repeating the argument won't make it any more true or persuasive. Sorry. We've already gone there.
Mexico isn't western? Where the heck do you think it is?

Rabbi -

Why WON'T you compare the USA with similarly developed countries?

Why WON'T you compare the USA with Canada? with Germany? with Australia?

We both know why, don't we?

Honestly - at what point will we see you actually present a case?

Rabbi -

Why WON'T you compare the USA with similarly developed countries?

Why WON'T you compare the USA with Canada? with Germany? with Australia?

We both know why, don't we?

Honestly - at what point will we see you actually present a case?

Because they aren't valid comparisons. None of those countries has a large inner city black population, or a large poor white rural population, both of them sources of criminal shootings.
The only comparison is with some parts of the US to others. And the evidence over 40 years is that stricter gun laws produce more crime,not less.

The P64 is an excellent gun. I've sold probably 10. They are reliable, powerful, accurate and inexpensive to shoot and easy to maintain.

Youve got to be kidding?

Have you found the after market grips? Something to take the BITE out of firing it.

I just dont understand how you make this claim. It isnt from comfort, thats for sure.

The P64 is an excellent gun. I've sold probably 10. They are reliable, powerful, accurate and inexpensive to shoot and easy to maintain.

Youve got to be kidding?

Have you found the after market grips? Something to take the BITE out of firing it.

I just dont understand how you make this claim. It isnt from comfort, thats for sure.

I never had any problems.
If recoil is an issue, they make small .22s :razz:

Youve got to be kidding?

I am beginning to wonder if you have ever shot one. I will spare you the embarrassment of posting the critiques on this pistol.

Now can you tell us if you have found after market grips, or even tell us why so many disagree with you.

Youve got to be kidding?

I am beginning to wonder if you have ever shot one. I will spare you the embarrassment of posting the critiques on this pistol.

Now can you tell us if you have found after market grips, or even tell us why so many disagree with you.

Actually I have, dipshit.
Why do people have issues wih them? Because guns are ergonomic and they don't fit everyone. But the ten people who have bought one from me all seem to enjoy them and never reported any problems. Even the girls.
But I hear Taurus makes some "ribber" grips for their man-stopping .22 auto's to tame the massive recoil. You might try checking them out. Could probably get the gun ported too.

Why do people have issues wih them? Because guns are ergonomic and they don't fit everyone. But the ten people who have bought one from me all seem to enjoy them and never reported any problems. Even the girls.
But I hear Taurus makes some "ribber" grips for their man-stopping .22 auto's to tame the massive recoil. You might try checking them out. Could probably get the gun ported too.
Now ass wipe if you wish to exchange insults I can be very accommodating.

Part of accurate shooting is comfort.

Most people find shooting this pistol uncomfortable. It causes a nasty pinch in the webbing. Meaning most people would not be able to stay on target in a multi shot enviroment.

Now do you have the intelligence to stay on topic?

Most people find shooting this pistol uncomfortable. It causes a nasty pinch in the webbing. Meaning most people would not be able to stay on target in a multi shot enviroment.

Have you done a survey of every owner of this gun, shitbag? If the majority find it uncomfortable then why do they sell hundreds of thousands of them? I don't doubt some people find it uncomfortable. Some guns are uncomfortable to some people. That's a fact of life. Quit bellyaching and go find something you can handle. Like a ported .22.

Have you done a survey of every owner of this gun, shitbag? If the majority find it uncomfortable then why do they sell hundreds of thousands of them? I don't doubt some people find it uncomfortable. Some guns are uncomfortable to some people. That's a fact of life. Quit bellyaching and go find something you can handle. Like a ported .22.

No asshole I havent. But I have fired this pistol. There isnt anyone I know that thinks firing this pistol is comfortable. At least 20 different people that have gone shooting with me, Agree. I was warned before purchase. Now for knowing how the rest of the field feels about it, you should have looked into seeing if after market grips were available. Thats were I read the reviews and the pinch the primary complaint.

You should watch your words, no i dont refer to insults, but your claims/ Even a rookie investigator would know you are lying about the number sold, you wont even be smart enough to understand the discrepancy. Then when I do go into your insult section another inconsistency shows up. Identifying a lack of knowledge, Although at this point it isnt conclusive.

since we are trading insults, now any soda jerk can sell a gun.

The gun didnt work for you. End of discussion. It has worked for many of the customers I have sold them to, all of them actually. It is a fine gun especially given the price.
Now go find somethign that will work. Try a CZ 82 in 9mak.

Forum List

Back