Football Field-Sized Asteroid Could Strike Earth in September

by the way this has nothing to do with stupid warm planet stupidity....nothing to do with that which doesn't exist.

0617e892-3cd8-4c73-892d-2fc4884ffa27.jpg

According to Fox News, the object is 164 feet wide. More than likely, the asteroid will sail past the Earth at a distance of 4.2 million miles. But if a collision does happen, scientists believe it will occur Sept. 9.

The prediction came from the European Space Agency, which has asteroid 2006QV89 on its top 10 list of objects that are at risk of slamming into the Earth.

I don’t see any dire warning of impending doom. I sure hope it doesn’t come down anywhere near Vegas – buy maybe somewhere west of here wouldn’t be all that bad.

More
@ Football Field-Sized Asteroid Could Strike Earth in September

164 feet wide....

If it landed in the middle of NYC it would take out most of the city.

Jo
While I like your optimism much smaller strikes in Russia indicate that if the object either is going supersonic a mile above NYC or has enough volatiles to cause multiple strikes NYC will suffer damages in the trillions and casualties that will make 9/11 look minor.

The severity of the strike will depend on if it is an oblique angle strike or if its a 90 deg straight down strike. If it is oblique, then it will enter earths gravity and fall a much longer distance through our atmosphere burning up and breaking up as it does so. Speed will be reduced and the impact lessened.

If it is a straight down strike 70-90 deg, then the energy is contained in a very small location and the asteroid will remain intact as its speed remains high until impact. This is a worst case scenario as this would be the equivalent of 50 100KT devices leveling everything out to about 2.5 miles and a shock wave that is felt around the world.

Depending on how and where it strikes, it will be devastating for that region.

Lets just hope this misses us. I'm not ready for instant ice age....
The earth shall be destroyed with fire and brimstone in the last days. Many here are probably in deep thought over that piece of information when such reports take place. It's why it has always been said that a person needs to be ready spiritually, as no man knoweth the hour nor the day.

The earth shall be destroyed with fire and brimstone in the last days.
No way. Hel will attack the gods with her miscreant dead at Ragnarok, which will be the end of the earth.

Last edited:

According to Fox News, the object is 164 feet wide. More than likely, the asteroid will sail past the Earth at a distance of 4.2 million miles. But if a collision does happen, scientists believe it will occur Sept. 9.

The prediction came from the European Space Agency, which has asteroid 2006QV89 on its top 10 list of objects that are at risk of slamming into the Earth.

I don’t see any dire warning of impending doom. I sure hope it doesn’t come down anywhere near Vegas – buy maybe somewhere west of here wouldn’t be all that bad.

More

164 feel is HALF a football field! Football fields are 360 feet long by 156 feet wide.

Picky picky! It's still big.

More

164 feel is HALF a football field! Football fields are 360 feet long by 156 feet wide.

Picky picky! It's still big.

Yep.. ain't no one gonna be waiting for it with a catcher's mitt.

Jo

More

164 feet wide....

Jo
While I like your optimism much smaller strikes in Russia indicate that if the object either is going supersonic a mile above NYC or has enough volatiles to cause multiple strikes NYC will suffer damages in the trillions and casualties that will make 9/11 look minor.

It has about a 75% probability of landing in the ocean somewhere! or burning up on entry. I wouldn't want to live close to the impact if it air bursts. Ever see the forest In Russia where a similar sized meteor exploded in the air laid the trees out like match sticks, Major event ! Nah not really in the big picture

More

164 feet wide....

Jo

It has about a 75% probability of landing in the ocean somewhere! or burning up on entry. I wouldn't want to live close to the impact if it air bursts. Ever see the forest In Russia where a similar sized meteor exploded in the air laid the trees out like match sticks, Major event ! Nah not really in the big picture

The Pacific ocean is a 50% probability all by itself. the last time that happened is claimed to have been in 1434 (the 1421 " China discovered America believers at their website have all sorts of claims for Zheng He's exploration fleet making its final cruise in 1433 is attributed to massive tsunamis due to a comet strike south of New Zealand.) Chinese and Japanese records do support this theory upto and including a near total loss of their merchant marine.

I hope it hits Pelosi's house....

Wishing for the death of an american citizen.
I guess you scum call that winning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She gave up her citizenship a long time ago.

Jo

Don’t be stupid.
Oh wait...you’re a conservative.
You can’t help it.

There's an old saying fun the Dominican Republic that fits well here.

When you meet a stupid man...
He thinks you're the stupid one.

Jo

I hope it hits Pelosi's house....

Wishing for the death of an american citizen.
I guess you scum call that winning.

She gave up her citizenship a long time ago.

Jo

Don’t be stupid.
Oh wait...you’re a conservative.
You can’t help it.

There's an old saying from the Dominican Republic that fits well here.

When you meet a stupid man...
He thinks you're the stupid one.

Jo

Forum List

Back