Foods That Lower Blood Sugar

The three best ways to lower blood sugar are exercise, exercise and exercise.

But if your exercise without controlling your diet, you are spinning your wheels.

And if diet changes can further lower blood sugar, why not? But yes, it is no substitute for exercise.

The three best ways to lower blood sugar are exercise, exercise and exercise.

But if your exercise without controlling your diet, you are spinning your wheels.

And if diet changes can further lower blood sugar, why not? But yes, it is no substitute for exercise.

Oh, I agree.

I'll amend my statement.

Exercise is important. It does wonders for your health on so many levels, more than most people realize. But in the end, it comes down to diet.

I dropped 35 pounds last year by changing my diet. I doubled my exercise, but I cut back my calories 30-40% and slashed by bad carbs by 80-90%.

And now that I've changed my diet, I don't have much desire to go back. I have a bagel and I can feel an instant sugar-rush, and subsequent crash 15 minutes later. I feel like crap. So I eat bad carbs in small doses.

Last edited:
i love carbs..what diabetic doesnt...i eat a lot of strawberries and blue berries...sweet taters...just about nightly.....veggies as much as possible...no milk, no pasta unless it is dreamfields...as little as bread as possible...i do love a good biscuit...when we go out i try to split plates...i love chinese...i will lose a piggie for that...

you just have to test after eating to find out what foods do what to your b/g

Whole grain pasta - stuff like good, hard rotini, makes a great substitute for potato chips when the urge gets too great. Lots of crunch, a little bit satisfies and the impact on blood sugar is amazingly low. But don't cook it and beware any cracked or weakened teeth.

Forum List

Back