Food you REFUSE to eat.... ?

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
.... or, a food you refuse to even try?

I will not eat a raw oyster - have never will never!
I also will not eat mushrooms.

I cannot tolerate any recipe that involves soggy bread. This includes biscuits and gravy, dumplings, bread pudding . . . It's a consistency thing.

Likewise, I can't eat pudding or yogurt unless it has stuff in it, ie. tapioca and rice pudding, or yogurt with granola. Anything that has that overly-creamy consistency will make me gag.

There are probably things I don't eat because I don't like the taste, but offhand, I can't think of any right now. I just don't think about them much.

I cannot tolerate any recipe that involves soggy bread. This includes biscuits and gravy, dumplings, bread pudding . . . It's a consistency thing.

Likewise, I can't eat pudding or yogurt unless it has stuff in it, ie. tapioca and rice pudding, or yogurt with granola. Anything that has that overly-creamy consistency will make me gag.

There are probably things I don't eat because I don't like the taste, but offhand, I can't think of any right now. I just don't think about them much.

That’s why I can’t eat oysters (or won’t) – not raw – the consistency – looks like snot and I know it’s slimey … just gross.
I can’t eat applesauce because of the consistency either.

Unfortunately I am one of those "super tasters". So therefore there are a variety of high-fatty and sweet foods that to me are cloying.
Frosting...bleh!...waayyyy too sweet.
Fudge
Cold Stone Ice Cream
"Fake" whipped cream like Cool Whip etc.
Anything with artificial sweetners
Foods high in corn syrup
Fake pancake syrup
On and on....

Hmm... let's see...
Liver
Shrimp
Pork brains
Brussels sprouts
Head cheese/souse
Fake veggie "meats"

Unfortunately I am one of those "super tasters". So therefore there are a variety of high-fatty and sweet foods that to me are cloying.
Fudge
Cold Stone Ice Cream
Foods high in corn syrup
Fake pancake syrup
On and on....

I have to avoid refined sugar as a rule, anyway. I've been doing it for so long that I now have very little tolerance for the taste of things that are high in refined sugar.

Fudge
Cold Stone Ice Cream
Foods high in corn syrup
Fake pancake syrup
On and on....

I can't stand anything super sweet either - it actually makes my throat hurt!

Okra is about the only vegetable (other than mushrooms - and only the consistency is why I don't eat them) - I won't eat again. Okra is bitter and horrible. Makes brussell sprouts seem tasty.

Okra (or anything you have to fry to have any flavor)
Brussel sprouts (let them grow up and become cabbage, then eat)
Olives (they just taste nasty to me, even a Martini can't help)
Grits (tasty with butter but might as well eat the box for better nutrition)
Things who's life cycle depend on filtering whatever shit drifts to the bottom of a body of water

Okra is about the only vegetable (other than mushrooms - and only the consistency is why I don't eat them) - I won't eat again. Okra is bitter and horrible. Makes brussell sprouts seem tasty.

Hmm...you may be a "bitter" supertaster. I am more effected by cloying sweetness than bitter.
Bitter supertasters cannot stomach many raw vegetables

Hmm...you may be a "bitter" supertaster. I am more effected by cloying sweetness than bitter.

Hmmm actually I don't mind them, but not my favorite (they need to have dip for sure) - raw veggies just taste more bland than anything.... to me anyway.....

Hmmm actually I don't mind them, but not my favorite (they need to have dip for sure) - raw veggies just taste more bland than anything.... to me anyway.....

Definitely not a super taster then.
I can't stand deep fried foods either...ugh..taste like vomit

Definitely not a super taster then.
I can't stand deep fried foods either...ugh..taste like vomit

No, I’m not. I can eat / tolerate almost all foods. Even the ones I’ve listed I can eat if I have to.

I love raw veggies in general, and I love okra . . . except pickled. I will not eat pickled okra. That's just weird.

I also refuse to have anything to do with mushy orange squash (which I'm fairly sure actually is butternut squash).

Forum List

Back