Food Stamps: Just say no to sugary soda

Bottled water and ready to serve baby formula would probably be additions on my list.

I would not limit it to orange juice, but allow juice in general.

What about kool aid?

How about juice which contains a certain percentage of juice...like Ocean Spray cranberry juice vs. Juicy Juice juice-flavored juice?

I would also like to see food stamp programs encourage purchase of generics...like the user gets some bonus credits for every generic dollar spent compared to brand name.

You ADD your own sugar to kool aid.

And as it stands now soda is the only thing on the table. As someone who takes care of a diabetic, ALL juice has as much sugar as soda and that makes them not good. If you are asking my opinion if juice should be on the "bad" list, then yes. However i would not disallow it out right.

Addicts change the hit to satisfy the need. People on no salt diets will gain a taste for soy sauce. Someone addicted to soda MAY transfer that liquid sugar hit to juice.

As for generics, if someone is trying to stretch their food stamp budget by choosing generics...more power to them.

I would also like to see food stamp programs encourage purchase of the holy ghost at mass.

Jesus candles are on isle 6

But i am sure NOT covered with food stamps.

Last edited:
Shut the fuck up..

A lot of people who receive food stamps also PAY TAXES.

They deserve a say in their taxes in that case even more so than you do, especially when it's going in their body and not yours.

Why do you mother fuckers ignore this fact? Why do you think only YOU get to have a say in tax dollars, just because you're not collecting benefits? Many of those people bust their asses for very little money, and then get their paychecks cut down with taxes as well, but only YOU get to have a say in it?

Where the fuck do you come up with this logic?

I know several people who get food stamps. None of them pay income taxes. The logic is simple. You get food stamps for food, you purchase food with them. You know something with a nutritional value. You do not earn food stamps, they are a gift from your friends and neighbors.

Yeah well I know several who get them and do pay taxes, and have paid taxes for YEARS.

So I guess my dick is bigger than yours.

Paulie keeps his brains in his dick. Please excuse him.

What about kool aid?

How about juice which contains a certain percentage of juice...like Ocean Spray cranberry juice vs. Juicy Juice juice-flavored juice?

I would also like to see food stamp programs encourage purchase of generics...like the user gets some bonus credits for every generic dollar spent compared to brand name.

And as it stands now soda is the only thing on the table. As someone who takes care of a diabetic, ALL juice has as much sugar as soda and that makes them not good. If you are asking my opinion if juice should be on the "bad" list, then yes. However i would not disallow it out right.

Addicts change the hit to satisfy the need. People on no salt diets will gain a taste for soy sauce. Someone addicted to soda MAY transfer that liquid sugar hit to juice.

As for generics, if someone is trying to stretch their food stamp budget by choosing generics...more power to them.

Wait a minute...kool aid has sugar in it.

And if you are comparing 100% juice to artificially sweetened juice, there is less sugar in real juice while supplying more nutrients.

I would prefer that the person in front of me using the food stamp card to plunder food, provided by myself and other producers, be required to turn around and state the following before they are allowed to leave with their plunder:
"Thank you".

What about kool aid?

And if you are comparing 100% juice to artificially sweetened juice, there is less sugar in real juice while supplying more nutrients.

Not all kool aid has sugar in it. You have to make it and add the sugar yourself.

I was not comparing juices, but juice to soda, and only commenting on the sugar levels of both in terms of diabetes.

From a diabetic stand point both are bad choices and to loaded in sugar.

Can we bring the British back please? We have more basic freedoms as British colonists than we do now

unless you were female or black. :)

i'm not sure what the big deal is about government not paying for garbage that has no nutritional value. if we're going to provide food, which i have no problem doing for people in need, then don't you think it should actually have a value?

Everyone has already heard of my "Great Epiphany" regarding foodstamps.

I think it would be a wise move to change them to allow the purchase of only "real" foods. I think it would go a long way towards helping people towards becoming self-sufficient, as they would have to learn to plan their shopping, menus, and actually cook. And it is absolutely a privilege, not a right, and charity besides. There's no rule that says when you get something free it has to be exactly what you WANT. When you get charity, you get what you are given, like it or lump it. That's something we've sort of lost sight of in this age of entitlement.

If I had my way, the only LIQUID that food stamps would be able to buy would be milk and orange juice.
Skim, lowfat or whole? Organic or non-organic? Florida orange juice or California orange juice?

How about chocolate milk? Milk in plastic containers or only wax cartons?

Can we bring the British back please? We have more basic freedoms as British colonists than we do now

unless you were female or black. :)

i'm not sure what the big deal is about government not paying for garbage that has no nutritional value. if we're going to provide food, which i have no problem doing for people in need, then don't you think it should actually have a value?

Everyone has already heard of my "Great Epiphany" regarding foodstamps.

I think it would be a wise move to change them to allow the purchase of only "real" foods. I think it would go a long way towards helping people towards becoming self-sufficient, as they would have to learn to plan their shopping, menus, and actually cook. And it is absolutely a privilege, not a right, and charity besides. There's no rule that says when you get something free it has to be exactly what you WANT. When you get charity, you get what you are given, like it or lump it. That's something we've sort of lost sight of in this age of entitlement.

Good idea but the grocery lobby would never allow it. They wrote the food card law.
BTW, no problem but food stamps were done away wih years ago.

I would prefer that the person in front of me using the food stamp card to plunder food, provided by myself and other producers, be required to turn around and state the following before they are allowed to leave with their plunder:
"Thank you".
Shoot...they should polish your shoes!

Not all kool aid has sugar in it. You have to make it and add the sugar yourself.

I was not comparing juices, but juice to soda, and only commenting on the sugar levels of both in terms of diabetes.

From a diabetic stand point both are bad choices and to loaded in sugar.
Will you allow them to purchase sugar to put in their unsweetened koolaid?

What about kool aid?

At least juice has nutritional value.

dawg, I think they should drop trow and leave a dump in your basket.

No cart or basket on earth is large enough to hold a dump from the hogs I see at the trough plundering at the checkout aisle.
But you may be different.
Is that your style?

What about kool aid?

At least juice has nutritional value.
But wait!

According to the AAP, drinking too much juice can contribute to obesity, the development of cavities (dental caries), diarrhea, and other gastrointestinal problems, such as excessive gas, bloating and abdominal pain.

Fruit Juice - How Much Is Too Much?

Forum List

Back