Food for thought

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
"Why are you so afraid of the word ‘Fascism,’ Doremus? Just a word—just a word! And might not be so bad, with all the lazy bums we got panhandling relief nowadays, and living on my income tax and yours—not so worse to have a real Strong Man, like Hitler or Mussolini—like Napoleon or Bismarck in the good old days—and have ‘em really run the country and make it efficient and prosperous again. ‘Nother words, have a doctor who won’t take any back-chat, but really boss the patient and make him get well whether he likes it or not!"

“So much in a revolution is nothing but waiting.”

“Every man is a king so long as he has someone to look down on.”
Sinclair Lewis, It Can't Happen Here

“He had, in fact, got everything from the church and Sunday School, except, perhaps, any longing whatever for decency and kindness and reason”
Sinclair Lewis, Elmer Gantry

“He had learned how to assemble Jewish texts, Greek philosophy, and Middle-Western evangelistic anecdotes into a sermon. And he had learned that poverty was blessed, but that bankers make the best deacons.”
Sinclair Lewis, Elmer Gantry

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”
Sinclair Lewis

http://www.willrogerstoday.com/will_rogers_quotes/quotes.cfm?qID=4

http://www.willrogers.com/quotes.html

Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain
Read more at: Mark Twain Quotes at BrainyQuote.com

Those who can, think about these small bits of reason and look for more before you vote.

Meh.

The new left is every bit as much a threat as the new right. The lock-step orthodoxy of political correctness is not only just as rigid as the most fundamentalist right-wing variety, but downright Orwellian in the doublespeak it demands.

• Banned
Meh.

The new left is every bit as much a threat as the new right. The lock-step orthodoxy of political correctness is not only just as rigid as the most fundamentalist right-wing variety, but downright Orwellian in the doublespeak it demands.

LOL, the left wing scares the crap out of you, and yet the far left has never been successful in our nation. It's the right wing which seeks to limit civil liberties (voting, abortion, marriage) not the left. It's the right wing which seeks to deny collective bargaining, progressive taxation and access to affordable health care. It's the right wing which uses hate and fear (listen to Trump and Cruz), passing laws taking desertion from judges and creating a matrix establishing long prison sentences without regard to mitigating circumstances a trier of fact would consider.

Meh.

LOL, the left wing scares the crap out of you, and yet the far left has never been successful in our nation. It's the right wing which seeks to limit civil liberties (voting, abortion, marriage) not the left. It's the right wing which seeks to deny collective bargaining, progressive taxation and access to affordable health care. It's the right wing which uses hate and fear (listen to Trump and Cruz), passing laws taking desertion from judges and creating a matrix establishing long prison sentences without regard to mitigating circumstances a trier of fact would consider.

I am not a right-winger. You simply lack the intelligence necessary to understand concepts, living in that child's world of good guys/bad guys of yours.

• Banned
Meh.

I am not a right-winger. You simply lack the intelligence necessary to understand concepts, living in that child's world of good guys/bad guys of yours.

Read my post slowly, or get someone to read it allowed for you. I did not call you a "right-winger". I simple pointed how how you seem to be scared by the left wing, whereas the right wing is most likely the fringe to be concerned about, and I provided some examples why I believe so.

[

Read my post slowly, or get someone to read it allowed for you. I did not call you a "right-winger". I simple pointed how how you seem to be scared by the left wing, whereas the right wing is most likely the fringe to be concerned about, and I provided some examples why I believe so.

I am "scared" of neither the right wing nor left wing.

Ignorant simpletons such as yourself simply show how much both sides have in common when it comes to mindless group-think.

Forum List

Back