Food for Thought

Oh yeah...GM is up to its eyeballs in debt to the taxpayer, has been pretty much forced to make cars that extremely few people want, making the repayment of that debt even more difficult, and being touted by lolberals as a "great success story" of bailout nation!

Like you ever think! :lol:

It's a lie told by the left that backrupcy would have killed the auto industry.

Chapter 11 would have allowed GM to renegotiate it's union contracts and the union pigs would have lost money and some of thie lucretive benefits. So they bitched and moaned to Obama, who purchased GM with taxpayer money and saved the United Auto Workers.

The US taxpayers purched GM stock for $53 dollars/share and it's now worth $23. Thanks Obama!

• Banned
Oh yeah...GM is up to its eyeballs in debt to the taxpayer, has been pretty much forced to make cars that extremely few people want, making the repayment of that debt even more difficult, and being touted by lolberals as a "great success story" of bailout nation!

Like you ever think! :lol:

What or who made you the asshole you have become?

I have no expectation you would avail yourself to anything I might post; so save the usual obnoxious and arrogant responses for someone who cares.

For others, those who are not ignorant by choice assholes, the article offers a microcosm of insight into the genesis of our economic woes. Right wing fools Blame the government in general and Obama in particular - non fringe Republicans and non fringe Democrats seek to understand who, what, how, why and when. This article helps in understanding the economic mess from beginning until today.

Last edited:
Pffft.

Your progressive douchebag idol Boiking has turned GM into chattel property of the federal gubmint, and you claim that is not only a "success story" but deem those who scoff at the pure preposterous of that proposition as assholes.

The heart of our economic woes is know-it-all economic central planner assholes, the assholes that assholes like you blindly and unquestioningly support, who think that they can run the entire economy out of the Kremlin....er....the District of Criminals.

The last person here doing any thinking here is you, comrade.

Here's what slavish progressive party man tools like Danny Vermin deem the "success" of economic central planning and a their models of authoritarian central control:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lvl5Gan69Wo]General Motors is becoming China Motors - YouTube[/ame]

So much for that "thinking" thing.

• Banned
Pffft.

Your progressive douchebag idol Boiking has turned GM into chattel property of the federal gubmint, and you claim that is not only a "success story" but deem those who scoff at the pure preposterous of that proposition as assholes.

The heart of our economic woes is know-it-all economic central planner assholes, the assholes that assholes like you blindly and unquestioningly support, who think that they can run the entire economy out of the Kremlin....er....the District of Criminals.

Your willful ignorance and efforts to 'prove' you have an IQ of triple digits - which is unlikely - is tiring. But I digress. When and Where did I claim GM was a success? I haven't, but GM hasn't failed; its suppliers still supply, it's dealership still sell and thousands of Americans remain employed, something which would be unlikely given the mistakes (outlined in the article you did not read) of GM management for decades.

One idea which might form in an open mind and something which would never emerge in the mind of a libertarian, is that government is not the cause of everything bad and can be a source of some good. Thus far the good stands out in re GM and Chrysler but no one can be certain GM will be the behemoth it once was. Nor can you or others prove the Romney Plan would been successful.

Pffft.

Your progressive douchebag idol Boiking has turned GM into chattel property of the federal gubmint,
and you claim that is not only a "success story" but deem those who scoff at the pure preposterous of that proposition as assholes.

At the time of the Magna Carta, [1215 ] King John could pass any law any time he pleased. Judges and executive officers, appointed and removed at his whim, were little more than servants of the King.

This is, I feel, Obama's ambition. To have than kind of control. :eusa_hand:

Quit trying to pretend that you think...Nobody with two brain cells to rub together believes it.

GM Volt August Sales Estimated Around 2,500 Units

You see that?....A little over 2,800 whole cars sold!

Yup, communistic economic central control really delivers the goods! :lol:

LOL. Wow such proof of ... what?

BTW, you don't believe I think, but those with more than two brain cells know I do.

P. S. You didn't answer. Who or what made you into the asshole you have become?

Last edited:
Obama screwed shareholders in buying GM in favor of the unions.
The liberal nonsense that GM would "fail" is complete horse-shit. In fact, I dare say that GM would have been better as a company if they would have defaulted into bankruptcy. This would have enabled all kinds of protective measures.
Sure it would have spawned several bankruptcies for suppliers as well - but that happened anyway.

GM dying would not kill America in and by itself. However it is an indacator of what is wrong.

Within 5-10 years many of our autos will be imported from China.

Auto sales and useage in China if doubling often. And their tech on reverse engineering cars is improving.

It started with friviolous stuff and toys, hand tools, etc. Moved to electronics and the next big exports of China will be vehicles and machinery.

A nation whose economy is based mostly on consumer spending cannot long last.

We have lost control of our economy, large multinational finiancial and manufacturing corporations now control our economy and in a world economy where our standard of living is far higher than that of most nations our standard of living will continue to decline. It is inevitable. I predicted this in the 90's. And if the origional politics.com was around I would have proof in the archives.

Last edited:
GM dying would not kill America in and by itself. However it is an indacator of what is wrong.

Auto sales and useage in China if doubling often. And their tech on reverse engineering cars is improving.

It started with friviolous stuff and toys, hand tools, etc. Moved to electronics and the next big exports of China will be vehicles and machinery.

GM wouldn't have "died" anymore than any other company that has reorganized under Chapter 11.

And consumer spending is the economy.

Obama screwed shareholders in buying GM in favor of the unions.
The liberal nonsense that GM would "fail" is complete horse-shit. In fact, I dare say that GM would have been better as a company if they would have defaulted into bankruptcy. This would have enabled all kinds of protective measures.
Sure it would have spawned several bankruptcies for suppliers as well - but that happened anyway.

Other than 'your' opinion, do you have any facts to support you conclusions?

The facts are GM is operating, it's employees and the employees of suppliers have jobs, and the shareholders were 'screwed' because they invested wrongly and the management of GM failed them.

GM wouldn't have "died" anymore than any other company that has reorganized under Chapter 11.

Yes consumer spending is our economy and that IS our main problem.
However if we had a positive trade balance it would not be an issue but with global comeptition it is impossible for us to regain a positive trade balance until our standards of living drops quite a bit more.

However if we had a positive trade balance it would not be an issue but with global comeptition it is impossible for us to regain a positive trade balance until our standards of living drops quite a bit more.
No, without consumers keeping the exchange of goods and services flowing, there would be nothing to refer to as "the economy"...It wouldn't exist at all.

No, without consumers keeping the exchange of goods and services flowing, there would be nothing to refer to as "the economy"...It wouldn't exist at all.

Ever hear of exports?

My useage of consumer spending based economy refers to internal consumers as does most definitions used in the USA.

We have lost control of our economy, large multinational finiancial and manufacturing corporations now control our economy and in a world economy where our standard of living is far higher than that of most nations our standard of living will continue to decline. It is inevitable. I predicted this in the 90's. And if the origional politics.com was around I would have proof in the archives.

Me too friend...I have been saying the same thing for at minimum 20 years.
The financial services industry owns our ass lock, stock and barrel.
We no longer live in a democratic republic. We live in a plutocratic society like America was in the late 1800's. And Obama fits in like a glove in plutocratic principles...like a glove.
And I am not sure Romney fits any less better.

Last edited:

Me too friend...I have been saying the same thing for at minimum 20 years.
The financial services industry owns our ass lock, stock and barrel.
We no longer live in a democratic republic. We live in a plutocratic society like America was in the late 1800's. And Obama fits in like a glove in plutocratic principles...like a glove.

yes as did Bush.
The thing that has changed is that most of the Demoncrats in congress are now controlled by the same machine.

We have quite a ways to go down yet before we go up.

Forum List

Back