Food for Thought

Discussion in 'Economy' started by Wry Catcher, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Wry Catcher

Wry Catcher Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,195
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Oddball

Oddball BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
    Ratings:
    +8,409
    Oh yeah...GM is up to its eyeballs in debt to the taxpayer, has been pretty much forced to make cars that extremely few people want, making the repayment of that debt even more difficult, and being touted by lolberals as a "great success story" of bailout nation!

Like you ever think! :lol:

3. PredFan

PredFan Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,690
    It's a lie told by the left that backrupcy would have killed the auto industry.

Chapter 11 would have allowed GM to renegotiate it's union contracts and the union pigs would have lost money and some of thie lucretive benefits. So they bitched and moaned to Obama, who purchased GM with taxpayer money and saved the United Auto Workers.

The US taxpayers purched GM stock for $53 dollars/share and it's now worth $23. Thanks Obama!

4. Wry Catcher

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,195
    What or who made you the asshole you have become?

I have no expectation you would avail yourself to anything I might post; so save the usual obnoxious and arrogant responses for someone who cares.

For others, those who are not ignorant by choice assholes, the article offers a microcosm of insight into the genesis of our economic woes. Right wing fools Blame the government in general and Obama in particular - non fringe Republicans and non fringe Democrats seek to understand who, what, how, why and when. This article helps in understanding the economic mess from beginning until today.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
  5. Oddball

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,409
    Pffft.

Your progressive douchebag idol Boiking has turned GM into chattel property of the federal gubmint, and you claim that is not only a "success story" but deem those who scoff at the pure preposterous of that proposition as assholes.

The heart of our economic woes is know-it-all economic central planner assholes, the assholes that assholes like you blindly and unquestioningly support, who think that they can run the entire economy out of the Kremlin....er....the District of Criminals.

The last person here doing any thinking here is you, comrade.

6. Oddball

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,409
    Here's what slavish progressive party man tools like Danny Vermin deem the "success" of economic central planning and a their models of authoritarian central control:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lvl5Gan69Wo]General Motors is becoming China Motors - YouTube[/ame]

So much for that "thinking" thing.

7. Wry Catcher

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,195
    Your willful ignorance and efforts to 'prove' you have an IQ of triple digits - which is unlikely - is tiring. But I digress. When and Where did I claim GM was a success? I haven't, but GM hasn't failed; its suppliers still supply, it's dealership still sell and thousands of Americans remain employed, something which would be unlikely given the mistakes (outlined in the article you did not read) of GM management for decades.

One idea which might form in an open mind and something which would never emerge in the mind of a libertarian, is that government is not the cause of everything bad and can be a source of some good. Thus far the good stands out in re GM and Chrysler but no one can be certain GM will be the behemoth it once was. Nor can you or others prove the Romney Plan would been successful.

8. Oddball

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,409
  9. AquaAthena

AquaAthena INTJ/ INFJ

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,342
    At the time of the Magna Carta, [1215 ] King John could pass any law any time he pleased. Judges and executive officers, appointed and removed at his whim, were little more than servants of the King.

This is, I feel, Obama's ambition. To have than kind of control. :eusa_hand:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  10. Wry Catcher

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,195
    LOL. Wow such proof of ... what?

BTW, you don't believe I think, but those with more than two brain cells know I do.

P. S. You didn't answer. Who or what made you into the asshole you have become?

Last edited: Sep 7, 2012