Floridians will vote this fall on restoring voting rights to 1.5 million felons

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
Florida voters will decide this fall if 1.5 million felons will get their voting rights back.

Desmond Meade of Orlando and his group Floridians for Fair Democracy successfully gathered more than 799,000 certified signatures in their years-long petition drive, just a week before the deadline to reach the required total of about 766,000. On Tuesday, the state certified the initiative for the Nov. 6 ballot.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
They should get them back all of thier rights , and their gun rights as well with the exception of a few cases the guns should be kept from them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They should have their voting rights restored. I don’t see a problem with it if you paid your debt to society and are off probation.

They should have their voting rights restored. I don’t see a problem with it if you paid your debt to society and are off probation.

These felons never pay off their debts to society. Are they paying back their victims what they took? Are they paying for court costs and the costs of incarceration? No, no, no. A repentant felon would oppose giving voting rights to felons.

Man, I would so be for that, if not for the name of the group sponsoring it.

When something political has a name like that, the intention is unerringly the opposite. Also, there should be at least a 10-year buffer with no arrests in order to have rights restored.

Not certain, but I think FL may already have a program like that.

I'm not a democrat nor very liberal, And I believe the same after the debt is fully paid I hold no ill grudge, specially if there are working if they are paying tax to the state and federal government they get to vote. You should not be punished for life unless you are sentenced to life by a judge and jury and by a legislator.

• Banned
It tells you something about the Democrat party that they want felons to vote.

Yeah I even meant to put that in my comment. Most will vote Democrat for sure. They want illegals for power votes, now criminals and we can bet our lives on it they will blackmail them to vote Democrat or you can't have your rights back. Something will lock them into a demo ratvote.

These felons never pay off their debts to society. Are they paying back their victims what they took? Are they paying for court costs and the costs of incarceration? No, no, no. A repentant felon would oppose giving voting rights to felons.

Many felons have paid their debt to society. So why shouldn't they be allowed to vote? Not all felonies are equal. There are people who got caught with weed and got charged with a felony. So they shouldn't be allowed to vote?

Once someone serves their time and stays out of trouble, they should have their voting rights restored .

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
  • Banned

That's not true, they have to pay those fine off or they go back to jail for not paying them. They aren't even allowed to collect welfare and if they were a veteran they lose their money.

Many felons have paid their debt to society. So why shouldn't they be allowed to vote. Not all felonies are equal. There are people who got caught with weed and got charged with a felony? So they shouldn't be allowed to vote?

Once someone serves their time and stats out of trouble, they should have their voting rights restore.

Imagine that we agree on something LOL

Florida voters will decide this fall if 1.5 million felons will get their voting rights back.

Desmond Meade of Orlando and his group Floridians for Fair Democracy successfully gathered more than 799,000 certified signatures in their years-long petition drive, just a week before the deadline to reach the required total of about 766,000. On Tuesday, the state certified the initiative for the Nov. 6 ballot.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
They should get them back all of thier rights , and their gun rights as well with the exception of a few cases the guns should be kept from them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It tells you something about the Democrat party that they want felons to vote.

I'm not a democrat nor very liberal, And I believe the same after the debt is fully paid I hold no ill grudge, specially if there are working if they are paying tax to the state and federal government they get to vote. You should not be punished for life unless you are sentenced to life by a judge and jury and by a legislator.

Florida already has a set program for that. Not sure what this group's intentions are, but I'm betting they're nefarious.

Restoration of Civil Rights | Florida Department of Corrections

Man, I would so be for that, if not for the name of the group sponsoring it.

When something political has a name like that, the intention is unerringly the opposite.

Liberals are masters of mislabeling to fool people. The adopted the word "gay", when it was a very positive term, for homosexuals. They use the term "civil rights" for the act of taking away rights of people (it's a "civil right" to deny a cake bake the right to make the art of his choice). Illegal aliens are "undocumented immigrants", even when they're documented as illegal aliens. Etc. So, the vague euphemism "Fair Democracy" is the term for having felons vote.

Liberals are all bullshit all the time.

Many felons have paid their debt to society. So why shouldn't they be allowed to vote. Not all felonies are equal. There are people who got caught with weed and got charged with a felony? So they shouldn't be allowed to vote?

Once someone serves their time and stats out of trouble, they should have their voting rights restore.

Imagine that we agree on something LOL

Yeah this is crazy we agree on an issue. It must be snowing in hell today.

Being a realist, i am aware our voting block is a bunch of morons. That is why i wish they never changed it from only land owners voting.
So, obviously, i dont believe felons should have the right to vote. They gave up those rights when they did whatever they did.
I understand some of it might not be a big deal, but we surely couldnt do a case by case analysis. A broad brush, in this case, is necessary.

Last edited:
Are they getting back other rights? Or just the right to have a say so in policy?
Because if i had to deal with felons getting the right to vote, they should get back all rights... if not, it just seems like political fodder

If they have all served whatever sentence they were given to serve, their voting right should be restored...until any of them choose to cross that illegal line again.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back