Florida Turnout down 250,000

RCP Twitter - @fivethirtyeight - GOP turnout in Florida will likely be just under 1.7m tonight, down from 1.95m in 2008. - 12/31/69.

Consider that. Except for SC (where Newt won) turnout in GOP primaries have been down in every state.

Keep in mind, the Romney winning math is (Everyone who voted for McCain) + (10% of Obama's vote switching side).

This number indicates he isn't likely to acheive either. People are just giving up. Not only is no one switching sides, a lot of Republicans who got excited in 2008 aren't even bothering to show up in 2012.

you are basing this liberal circle jerk... on a single TWITTER feed, with no corroboration elsewhere?

wow.

No, he is basing it on Nate Silver's FiveThirtyEight blog, which is fairly unimpeachable when it comes to number-crunching. He is acknowledged by everyone as being one of the very best. He's a young geek, too!

really? Odd, that isn't what the OP linked to. he linked to a Twitter feed.

To JoeB, record turnouts are pathetic turnouts.

Yes, they are...

Thanks for confirming your intellectual dishonesty :thup:

Nope, I'm being intellectually objective.

If I'm told I have to run the 1 mile in ten minutes, and my times are 11:55, 11:30, and then I bounce up to 15:00 because I was hung over the night before.... It wouldn't matter that two of those times were better than the 12:00 I ran four years ago.

There's a standard I need to have to have any hope of winning. I'm not reaching it.

The Republicans have to shift the entire demographic of the country by about 6% to win. They are not doing that.

Yes, they are...

If I'm told I have to run the 1 mile in ten minutes, and my times are 11:55, 11:30, and then I bounce up to 15:00 because I was hung over the night before.... It wouldn't matter that two of those times were better than the 12:00 I ran four years ago.

There's a standard I need to have to have any hope of winning. I'm not reaching it.

The Republicans have to shift the entire demographic of the country by about 6% to win. They are not doing that.

JoeB thinks he's being intellectually honest when he says GOP voter turnout was down in all states except SC....and continues to defend the statement. When in fact GOP voter turnout broke records in all states except Florida.

Yes, JoeB is very intellectually dishonest.

Guy, you can dance around it all day.

Performance is NOT GOOD ENOUGH for what you are trying to acheive. I mean, I deal with managers who massage numbers all day, but the fact is, we aren't hitting goals.

You can blow smoke about how we got 1% more vote in this state than we got 4 years ago, but it's nowhere near a win...

Guy, you can dance around it all day.

Performance is NOT GOOD ENOUGH for what you are trying to acheive. I mean, I deal with managers who massage numbers all day, but the fact is, we aren't hitting goals.

You can blow smoke about how we got 1% more vote in this state than we got 4 years ago, but it's nowhere near a win...

^----- More spin.

Fact: JoeB said that GOP numbers were down in every state except SC.
Fact: GOP turnout has record highs in every state except Florida.

NO, GOP were down....

Overall numbers were up because of the Ron Paul folks. You take them out, voting turnout was down.

The Ron Paul folks are not showing up for Romney in November.

These are three states Romney has to win to have any hope of beating Obama. The fact that he got limp support in them doesn't bode well...

NO, GOP were down....

Overall numbers were up because of the Ron Paul folks. You take them out, voting turnout was down.

These are three states Romney has to win to have any hope of beating Obama. The fact that he got limp support in them doesn't bode well...

Just when we think you can't get any more intellectually dishonest....

GOP numbers are down, when the GOP contests (except for Florida) have had record turnouts.

You must be getting dizzy with all that spin.

JoeB thinks he's being intellectually honest when he says GOP voter turnout was down in all states except SC....and continues to defend the statement. When in fact GOP voter turnout broke records in all states except Florida.

Speaking intellectual honesty, ask JoeAmpad why a guy who shuts down his entire firm to look for an employee's missing daughter is to be belittled whereas someone who is a serial philanderer and liar who can't keep it in his pants is aces.

Speaking intellectual honesty, ask JoeAmpad why a guy who shuts down his entire firm to look for an employee's missing daughter is to be belittled whereas someone who is a serial philanderer and liar who can't keep it in his pants is aces.

JoeB is a bigot. Thats how.

NO, GOP were down....

GOP numbers are down, when the GOP contests (except for Florida) have had record turnouts.

Do you really live in some bizarre world where the PaulBots are showing up for Romney in November?

Take out the Paul supporters, your numbers are WAAAAAAAAY down.

NO, GOP were down....

Do you really live in some bizarre world where the PaulBots are showing up for Romney in November?

Take out the Paul supporters, your numbers are WAAAAAAAAY down.

Here, let me summarize your position here:

100702-strawman.png

Again, screw the rich.

The whole world bends over for them already, and they get to use their power to their benefit, it doesn't impress me. It wasn't an employee's missing daughter, it was a fellow rich guy. If he closed down his whole firm to find the daughter of the guy in the mail room, that would impress the shit out of me. This, not so much. How dare the rich guy get the same or slightly above the service the rest of us get!

A guy who cheats on his wife... well it depends. Was she a keeping up her end of the marriage. I don't get involved in that sort of thing. Learned my lesson at a young age when women I knew kept going back to the same jerk boyfriends/husbands. That's in the area of "Not my problem". That's the guy she picked. Not my problem.

According to JoeB, rich people don't deserve to have their missing daughters searched for by friends.

But if someone is a serial philanderer and lies to nearly every woman he is married to, well, that is just between them and is none of his business. And it may have been the woman's fault anyway.

Whatta guy :thup:

Last edited:
]

No, there's a standard.

The standard is not being met.

That fail is a little higher than last time isn't that important.

It's still Failure.

Failure is not an option if getting rid of Obama is that important.

I'd like to be rid of Obama, but simply put, not at the expense of putting an evil cult in charge of my country.

It's a long way to the election.

Plenty of time for the tone deaf Romney to make more statements like these...

"I like to fire people"

"I am not concerned about the poor"

"My tax rate is 13%"

Stop helping them vet their candidates Chris! Let them pick their loser, I mean nominee. The only thing I fear is someone else jumping in. Someone who doesn't have as much baggage. Bain Capital? Shhh. Let them pick Romney and then we will let them have it.

If I were Obama, I would run a commercial with Mitt saying all the dumb things he has said, and also include guys like Mitch McConnell who said the GOP's number one goal is to make Obama a one term president, and flat out accuse them of sabotaging the recovery for the past 4 years. Point to all the government layoffs their cuts have created. And instead of paying off the debt, they just gave the savings to their corporate donors.

Low GOP turnout is not a good sign for righties. They know it. The economy is getting better and that's great news for Obama.

We will even take back the house.

According to JoeB, rich people don't deserve to have their missing daughters searched for by friends. Whatta guy :thup:

I'd have no problem if your friends all took the day off, and neither would anyone else.

BUt if it was Joe in the Mailroom, and everyone in the company said, "Hey, we're not coming in to work tomorrow, we're going to help look for Joe's daughter", you think Romney would have been fine with that?

Or do you think he'd use some of those pink slips he was saving for the AmPad guys?

]

No, there's a standard.

It's still Failure.

I'd like to be rid of Obama, but simply put, not at the expense of putting an evil cult in charge of my country.

I love it that your intollerance of other religions is actually going to cost the GOP!!! We will vote for a Muslim but you won't vote for a Mormon, so we will win.

]

No, there's a standard.

It's still Failure.

JoeB decides to double down on the strawmen:

StrawManI.jpg

Forum List

Back