Florida Rebels glossing over Civil War war crimes

Obviously you need someone to "school" you but I doubt you are worth my time and trouble.
Concession note.

Not a single neo-confederate or even con at all who has ever taken me on in my long history of Civil War debates here has ever schooled me -- and they usually get their knocker slobbered all the way down the stairs on their way out.

So, smart move.

Too bad though. You could have learned some.

Right. I just really really don't want you to try to slobber on my knocker. I am kind of picky about who slobbers on it.
I'm pretty sure it's cause you'd lose -- and lose bad.

Union Black soldiers fought valiantly on the front lines of major battles:

12936389064_703678e14f_z.jpg

No, you're not.

You apparently missed this post: http://www.usmessageboard.com/8712874-post21.html

Here, I'll repost. Take note of what I highlighted in red.

And to fully correct the record,

There actually was a Confederate Louisiana Guard, but they never saw service, and it was part of the Confederate PR campaign.

What these unreconstructed rebs won't tell you was they were disbanded because the confeds had no use for them outside of the PR campaign, AND the Louisiana State Legislature passed a law in Jan. 1862 reorganizing the militia into only “...free white males capable of bearing arms… ”

You can see the law here: Official copy of the militia law of Louisiana, adopted by the state legislature, Jan. 23, 1862

===============
The thing that started this off was you wanting to back up this:

So -- the "troops" in question were never used in service -
Parade is the most service they provided.

someone claimed that there were black csa troops

another demanded a link

I provided the link that proved there were black members of the csa

Again, I'm right, and you have to go off on a tangent and pretend I'm not.

but you're yet another liberal, that's been proven wrong but can't admit it.

quell surprise.
Yes, gawd forbid we were talking about troops that served.

Then again, you were the idiot who threw up that stoopid cropped Louisiana photo of the Union soldiers thinking they were CSA troops.

:lol:

I'm still right, and you still lack the maturity to admit.

:eek::eek::eek:

b/c if I quelled my surprise again, I think I would have pulled something

"Again, I'm right, and you have to go off on a tangent and pretend I'm not."

What a moron. The OP said "gloss", which you have done from the beginning and have been on a tangent ever since.

The CSA had an infinitesimal number of black troops compared to the 185,000 Union black troops (some of whom are misidentified in the picture on the first page as CSA troops) of whom 33,000 died in the cause of liberty.

thus proving, again, you lack the manhood to admit I'm right.

This is getting pathetic, a fucking troll thread, turns into a liberal cry fest once they got proved wrong.

someone claimed that there were black csa troops

another demanded a link

I provided the link that proved there were black members of the csa

Again, I'm right, and you have to go off on a tangent and pretend I'm not.

but you're yet another liberal, that's been proven wrong but can't admit it.

quell surprise.
Yes, gawd forbid we were talking about troops that served.

Then again, you were the idiot who threw up that stoopid cropped Louisiana photo of the Union soldiers thinking they were CSA troops.

:lol:

I'm still right, and you still lack the maturity to admit.

:eek::eek::eek:

b/c if I quelled my surprise again, I think I would have pulled something
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
something_ridiculous.jpg

What a moron. The OP said "gloss", which you have done from the beginning and have been on a tangent ever since.

The CSA had an infinitesimal number of black troops compared to the 185,000 Union black troops (some of whom are misidentified in the picture on the first page as CSA troops) of whom 33,000 died in the cause of liberty.

This is getting pathetic, a fucking troll thread, turns into a liberal cry fest once they got proved wrong.

thus proving again that you "glossed" the OP, set up a straw and have been failing every since.

Sonny, it is what it is: you are a troll.

thus proving again that you "glossed" the OP, set up a straw and have been failing every since.

Sonny, it is what it is: you are a troll.

yep. Dragon boi isn't very good at this :D

9thIDdoc resorts to ad homs after his FAIL post. GTFO of the thread if all you're going to do is hurl expletives son. :bye1:

Fail? You haven't refuted anything I've had to say nor have I been "hurling expletives". You are as delusional as usual.

Run along little boy. Your Mama's calling

The neo-confederates have once again failed.

Shame on Florida, shame on the neo-con apologists, and shame on the Old South for being traitors to Old Glory, as are the OS's naysayers today.

Last edited:
Many, many Historians with no 'south/north' agenda other than honesty to the facts and documentation available, have concluded the evidence just does not exist to support this recently touted meme of Black Confederates soldiers.

Answer me this neo-REB: What was the one thing Southern slaveholders feared the most?

You know the answer. A slave uprising. John Brown shook those fears heartily. Talk of it ruled the day. The slave revolts in the Caribbean were still fresh on their minds.

They were petrified of slaves getting enough courage to break their chains and leave for the natural state of man: an aching desire for freedom.
Now pretend you're a slaveowner - do you give your slaves guns? Hell no you don't.

They thought it, in their words, a "suicidal policy."

That's why the confederacy forbade it.

"Our position with the North and before the world will not allow the employment as armed soldiers of negroes."
CSA Secretary of War James A. SeddonLINK: The War of the Rebellion: a compilation of the official records

...and why they were arguing as late as 1865 - near the very, very end - if they should allow the negroes to fight. This is a matter of record.

It was only when the south was beat to a bloody pulp, with not much more to lose, they considered doing so. And even then many would not hear of it. Even then.

So take your Lost Cause Jarbage and stuff it in your rebel cap while you march around whistling Dixie pretending you know dick all about it.

So? That didn't stop them from becoming uniformed CSA POWs as I claimed.
Nor were they treated badly and used as cannon fodder like in the Union army.
In the army everybody's a slave.

9thIDdoc resorts to ad homs after his FAIL post. GTFO of the thread if all you're going to do is hurl expletives son. :bye1:

Fail? You haven't refuted anything I've had to say nor have I been "hurling expletives". You are as delusional as usual.

Run along little boy. Your Mama's calling

your FAIL link got spanked. Read the thread before posting son.

90363628.gif

That cropped phot of yours was exposed as a fake by paperview way back on page #2 :rofl:

Mislabeled and mis ID'd photos, slaves and servants as POWs, and so forth and so on. I bet you got folks like Ernie wanting to defend you, so you know you are wrong.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back