Florida Judge Rules ObamaCare Unconstitutional

I particularly like the "entire law must be declared void" part. :thup:

My understanding is when Congress writes a law they insert a clause saying if one part is found unconstitutional the rest of the law can be separated from the part. Here they neglected to do so. So the entire law must be struck down if one part is unconstitutional.

Didn't the left-nuts tell us all this suing in court was a waste of taxpayer money, that the law would never be found unconstitutional?
it is called "severability".......It's usually inserted into legislation to insure that if any part or part of the bill is stripped out, the rest will remain.
When the Obamacare bill was written, the serverability clause was inadvertently left out.

We need single payer. I bet these 2 judges (which many more actually held up its constitutionality, but ignored by the right) made the ruling to help their buddies.

This is Judical Activism at its finest.

Yep, you liberals would know judicial activism wouldnt ya?

Ya'll are guilty of it FAR MORE than the right EVER thought of being.

Bullshit...Citizens United is the biggest piece of judicial activism in history...

My understanding is when Congress writes a law they insert a clause saying if one part is found unconstitutional the rest of the law can be separated from the part. Here they neglected to do so. So the entire law must be struck down if one part is unconstitutional.

Didn't the left-nuts tell us all this suing in court was a waste of taxpayer money, that the law would never be found unconstitutional?
it is called "severability".......It's usually inserted into legislation to insure that if any part or part of the bill is stripped out, the rest will remain.
When the Obamacare bill was written, the serverability clause was inadvertently left out.

It wasn't inadvertently left out - Pelosi and Reid left it out on purpose as part of their legislative gamesmanship.

that's your characterization. i don't share it.

like i said, two courts said yea, two said nay. that's life.

no matter how happy the rightwingnuts are.

I wont be happy till that POS bill is in the trash heap of history!

then you're a very good rightwing soldier. :thup:

tell me how much you hate the fact that insurance companies can't exclude people for pre-existing conditions.

i'll wait.

We need single payer. I bet these 2 judges (which many more actually held up its constitutionality, but ignored by the right) made the ruling to help their buddies.

Bullshit...Citizens United is the biggest piece of judicial activism in history...

Any decision you don't agree with is "judicial activism"...

Fine, strike down the mandate. One step closer to single payer. Watch what you wish for.
Yeah ok...A conspiracy theory of yours?
Look genius, for Single Payer to become law, a new piece of legislation will have to be written.
Only this time we will be watching and questioning everything. There will be no backroom deals and none of this "we'll have to pass it so we can see what's in it" bullshit.
Single payer doesn't stand a snowball's chance in a blast furnace.

What a pea brained statement......

that's your characterization. i don't share it.

like i said, two courts said yea, two said nay. that's life.

no matter how happy the rightwingnuts are.

tell me how much you hate the fact that insurance companies can't exclude people for pre-existing conditions.

i'll wait.

Had it just been that I'd have been all aboard the 0bamacare bandwagon....

I am wondering you keep ignoring or glossing over the word mandate as in engaging in commerce by order. Besides I thought it was a fee?
Medicare isn't a mandate?

and social security.

but they shouldn't let that confuse them.

this is the same 'let's kill the new deal' stuff the right has been doing since FDR was president. and any rational court knows what the law is on the subject.

which doesn't mean that they will actually act like judges.

yup, we pay a tax forward for benefits at a set age. no doubt of it...and?

any rational court will see this mandate for what it is- we are told to purchase a good/service. period.

you should listen to Obama during his campaign, he said it right then and there, there would be no end to what the gov. could ostensibly tell you to do. What happened to that slippery slope? :eusa_eh:

HE changed his tune (then changed it back- its a fee then its a tax now its a fee again) because he needed the money and the only way to make the shoe fit was to command everyone to buy a plan or be penalized. Does it bother you he lied...at all?

and just because you think its 'right' to command people to purchase goods and services, doesn't mean its 'right' OR justifiable.

you can like it all you want. it's not an accurate statement of law that any responsible jurist would put forth.
sure it is..you just don't like it...
Look, you need to go bake cookies.
anyone who keeps themselves as uninformed as you AND quotes Springsteen, needs to find a hobby...Like crochet or knitting.

Liberals....riding the short bus to mediocrity.

i'll wait.

what negatively impacts on you? and don't tell me it's b/c you'd be forced to buy insurance. i'd put money on you already being insured.

Remember the good old days when the Right used to ridicule the Left with the line that the left used the courts to do what they couldn't get done legislatively??

Yes you do remember that.

Last edited by a moderator:

you can like it all you want. it's not an accurate statement of law that any responsible jurist would put forth.
anyone who keeps themselves as uninformed as you AND quotes Springsteen, needs to find a hobby...Like crochet or knitting.

Go to the Romper Room. Adults are talking...

i'll wait.

what negatively impacts on you? and don't tell me it's b/c you'd be forced to buy insurance. i'd put money on you already being insured.

Why does it have to impact me personally to have an opinion on it?

i'll wait.

Holy crap.... where do I get started??????

You know... Im not going to bother, b/c you are good little drone for Obama care and you wouldnt listen anyways.

Lets just say I dont want the gov't telling me I have to buy ANYTHING AT ALL..... Its none of their fucking business!

How about YOU tell US how it will help anything, and how we are going to sustain it.

This law is going to break this nation if its not repealled!

you know, if you knew what you were talking about, i'd actually address you. but i can tell you there is no precedent for the assertion that the severability clause MUST be included. it's presumed to exist.

not that stare decisis means anything to you or that you even know what it is.

Forum List

Back