Florida House prices dropping as people desperate to sell.

Insurance rates don't really have borders. Insurance companies usually operate in several states. Not to mention the fact that Democrats have been pumping people into Florida and blue cities for a very long time. Biden paid for 300 thousand Cubans to fly into the US, and thousands of Haitians are heading for Florida as we speak.
Yes they in fact do. States regulate insurance.

Well, if they fall far enough, maybe they can get property values to get down to that 18 million dollar mark that engoron tried to say mar a lago was worth,,..

Hmm…insurance prices are rising as hurricane season is about to kick off.

Wonder if that has anything to do with it?

It is not a seasonal thing. It is a business issue.

And there is more.

It seems the good Republicans are running a fraud scheme on the insurance companies left, and they’re sick of it. Maybe the cops should be less worried about homosexuals and trying to get those committing fraud.

So Florida deals with insolvent insurance companies by insuring the company. They pay out any claims the company can’t. With taxpayers dollars. Special assessments are made on property taxes to cover the losses of insurance companies.

So not only are homeowners facing higher insurance premiums, but higher property tax to cover losses by the insurance companies.

Insurance companies are like every other business. They can’t stay in business if they spend more than they bring in.

Florida is susceptible to wild price swings in many areas depending on the market. Many people are retirees or receive checks from pensions and social security. Still, it is my opinion that this is the time to reinforce physical infrastructure and improve building codes and where structures can be built and if upgraded infrastructure is needed for them to void water and wind damage in any way. Highways and rail lines along with electrical service needs it also. And they have done a lot on that.

If we took politics out of it, yes they need to build hurricane proof houses. My uncles home is pretty sturdy. And I've seen some multi million dollar homes on the intercoastal that can withstand a category 5. So yea, building homes higher up so they can't get flooded and sturdy enough to withstand the wind is a must moving forward.

Perhaps this needs to be socialized. Take the profit motive out of home owners insurance. Just Floridians. You pay in, everyone pays in, and if your home is ruined, the insurance company pays, if no damages, the money goes into a trust and invested so it makes money because one day a natural disaster is going to ruin a lot of homes and the fund has to have funds in it. Non profit. Maybe half government/half private run.

It is not a seasonal thing. It is a business issue.

And there is more.

It seems the good Republicans are running a fraud scheme on the insurance companies left, and they’re sick of it. Maybe the cops should be less worried about homosexuals and trying to get those committing fraud.

So Florida deals with insolvent insurance companies by insuring the company. They pay out any claims the company can’t. With taxpayers dollars. Special assessments are made on property taxes to cover the losses of insurance companies.

So not only are homeowners facing higher insurance premiums, but higher property tax to cover losses by the insurance companies.

Insurance com
panies are like every other business. They can’t stay in business if they spend more than they bring in.
You know how Republicans will say even in red states, the bad cities in their states are run by democrats? Well in this case, the "bad democrats" would be the ones running a fraud scheme on the insurance companies. So the consumers are Democrats and the corporations are Republicans.

It's never the companies fault. Or the Republican.

Insurance companies are LEAVING California. Along with anybody who has the ability to do so.
Florida too.

And actually you're wrong. Anyone with the ability stays in California and Florida. Anyone who doesn't have the ability has to leave. They don't want to leave Florida. They can't afford it.

The cheapest I find in Fort Lauderdale is $125.000 condo/coop with a pool and shuffle board 3 miles from the ocean. It's perfect. I want one. Only the bills probably add up to $600 a month. Let's just call it $8000 a year. And then it costs money to get there and back. Then get internet/cable, etc. Let's just call it $10K a year to have a second home in Florida. And these condos are hurricane proof.

OMG, I need to look up what I would save if I moved my main residence to Florida and make my Michigan condo my second home. I hear I'd save $6000 a year. Holy shit that would practically pay for the Florida place. I need to look into this.

Florida too.

And actually you're wrong. Anyone with the ability stays in California and Florida. Anyone who doesn't have the ability has to leave. They don't want to leave Florida. They can't afford it.

The cheapest I find in Fort Lauderdale is $125.000 condo/coop with a pool and shuffle board 3 miles from the ocean. It's perfect. I want one. Only the bills probably add up to $600 a month. Let's just call it $8000 a year. And then it costs money to get there and back. Then get internet/cable, etc. Let's just call it $10K a year to have a second home in Florida. And these condos are hurricane proof.

OMG, I need to look up what I would save if I moved my main residence to Florida and make my Michigan condo my second home. I hear I'd save $6000 a year. Holy shit that would practically pay for the Florida place. I need to look into this.

No, they don't. California has lost enough people that they have lost a Congress critter.

The majority of those who have left are the producers. The ones replacing are takers, they produce nothing.

No, they don't. California has lost enough people that they have lost a Congress critter.

The majority of those who have left are the producers. The ones replacing are takers, they produce nothing.
How can they afford to live there?

They get free shit from the government. That's why the middle class is leaving.

You really should pay attention.

There are thousands, literally, of videos on YouTube showing how the cities are dying.

a. Corporations in California must be benefiting from these undocumented workers.
b. Rich people hire them as maids and lawn maintenance

And it's not just happening in California. Lots of illegal employers in red states too. But that doesn't mean it's not happening in California.

We should go after illegal employers wherever they are. Starting in red states. Push them all to California.

In Florida Lyft only hires illegals. Can't speak a lick of english.

a. Corporations in California must be benefiting from these undocumented workers.
b. Rich people hire them as maids and lawn maintenance

And it's not just happening in California. Lots of illegal employers in red states too. But that doesn't mean it's not happening in California.

We should go after illegal employers wherever they are. Starting in red states. Push them all to California.

In Florida Lyft only hires illegals. Can't speak a lick of english.
I find it highly unlikely that LYFT only hires illegals.

I find it highly unlikely that LYFT only hires illegals.
The only people who picked me up couldn't speak English. All the poor whites in Florida are on street corners with signs.

Are you suggesting they were legal immigrants? How did they get in when they can't even understand NO TELEPHONE? What an idiot. I told him "No telephone" a couple times and he said "sorry no speak english". Finally on the radio they said NO TELEPHONO. I said, "that's it! No telephono. He said AH CE CE.

I FRO CUBA. LOL.

The only people who picked me up couldn't speak English. All the poor whites in Florida are on street corners with signs.

Are you suggesting they were legal immigrants? How did they get in when they can't even understand NO TELEPHONE? What an idiot. I told him "No telephone" a couple times and he said "sorry no speak english". Finally on the radio they said NO TELEPHONO. I said, "that's it! No telephono. He said AH CE CE.

I FRO CUBA. LOL.

Yeah, LYFT actually runs real background checks on their drivers. I know three of them, and one is a good friend.

Yeah, LYFT actually runs real background checks on their drivers. I know three of them, and one is a good friend.
Sure they do

Uber alone faced nearly 6,000 reports of sexual assault over a two-year span while Lyft revealed more than 4,000 assaults between 2017 and 2024.

Can undocumented people work for Lyft?

So there is no immigration status check when being hired.

You're naive. And if they ever get caught they'll just say they were given fake documents. And you'll buy it

Three nights a week, Iraqi-born Uber driver Mohammed sleeps in his car at a parking lot in San Francisco’s Marina District, one of the only places he knows he won’t get a parking ticket.

Mohammed, 43, is not alone. He’s often flanked by two other Uber drivers, both from Iraq. In this parking lot, where break-ins are not uncommon and the piercing winds of the North Pacific whip by, the three cars point in the same direction, like a small fortress against the night, allowing the drivers to watch out for each other as they sleep.

Sure they do

Uber alone faced nearly 6,000 reports of sexual assault over a two-year span while Lyft revealed more than 4,000 assaults between 2017 and 2024.

Can undocumented people work for Lyft?

So there is no immigration status check when being hired.

You're naive. And if they ever get caught they'll just say they were given fake documents. And you'll buy it

Three nights a week, Iraqi-born Uber driver Mohammed sleeps in his car at a parking lot in San Francisco’s Marina District, one of the only places he knows he won’t get a parking ticket.

Mohammed, 43, is not alone. He’s often flanked by two other Uber drivers, both from Iraq. In this parking lot, where break-ins are not uncommon and the piercing winds of the North Pacific whip by, the three cars point in the same direction, like a small fortress against the night, allowing the drivers to watch out for each other as they sleep.
They aren't supposed to.

Florida has been milking FEMA for years to subsidize wealthy property owners there, and so has a lot of east coast beachfront home owners; they're as bad as the California morons who build zillion dollar houses on mud slides and then plunder FEMA to rebuild them every time it rains, meanwhile filing claims for two to four times the value of the furniture and cars and stuff they lose.

Forum List

Back