Florida gun shop owner to make business "muslim free zone."

Perhaps, perhaps not -- I am not under any obligation to prove myself correct or help my accuser prove his case.
That would, of course depend on how many Muslims cam into my store and were denied a sale based on my discretion -- need three or more to establish a pattern -- and how many of them could prove they were so denied.
you would be asked, under oath, for the reason and the cause.

look, bank robbers sometimes get away with it too. so do murderers. but just because they can sometime evade prosecution doesn't mean the law is on their side.

He doesn't have to answer a single question, he is not required to even take the witness stand. He doesn't have to prove his case, the plaintiff does. This isn't Perry Mason you moron!
he would be deposed. you know that.

The Fifth Amendment is made for that purpose.
the gun seller can use the fifth to protect himself, not the company.

What company are you talking about?

I'm not denying you a god damn pizza, I'm telling you to fuck off because people like you have a tendency to shoot people.

And I think what he could do, to appease liberal idiots who say that "shirtless" people are not a protected class.... just do this. Refuse to sell to any man with a beard or woman with a towel around her head. Bearded men aren't a protected class and neither are women wearing rags.

That outta do it!

It says CERTAIN GOODS YOU FUCKING LIBERAL IDIOT. NOT ALL GOODs.
I think people like you have a tendency to shoot people. Turn in your weapons.

Whatever you gotta tell yourself I guess.

But I don't believe for a second that you don't know a single person who is religious that is also a generally reasonable person.
Anyone who believes in religion is unreasonable, by definition. And what you believe I couldn't give a damn about.
Now you're back to being the blind idiot I've come to know and..... Well come to know...... :thup:
If I believe that a giant green dragon lives in my underwear drawer and spies on me at night but I'm sane in all other aspects of life, does that make me a reasonable person? Yes, or no?
Not necessarily yes or no.... That's your problem, you over generalize and over simplify like every hack on this board. :thup:
See what I mean. One taco short of a combo plate makes one unreasonable, as are all religious believers.

I very much doubt you would have any trouble calling a strict Muslim unreasonable based upon what the faith teaches eh?
Depends...... eh?
Go ahead, toss some more childish stereotyping my way Crusader Frank.... Ummmm, what was your name again?

The dealer had the legal right to refuse the sale for several reasons. If the buyer is from another state, if the buyer is under 21, if the buyer is not a citizen, if the buyer is under the influence, if the buyer buys multiple guns, if the buyer appears insane, if the buyer in the opinion of the dealer poses a threat to public safety, if the buyer is buying the gun for someone else.....etc.

Yeah sure, but if says in no uncertain terms that he refuses to sell specifically because the customer is a muslim, he will get sued and lose.
I'd start a defense fund......and charge $25,000 per speech.....start off small.....then build up to Clinton numbers.

Anyone who believes in religion is unreasonable, by definition. And what you believe I couldn't give a damn about.
Now you're back to being the blind idiot I've come to know and..... Well come to know...... :thup:
If I believe that a giant green dragon lives in my underwear drawer and spies on me at night but I'm sane in all other aspects of life, does that make me a reasonable person? Yes, or no?
Not necessarily yes or no.... That's your problem, you over generalize and over simplify like every hack on this board. :thup:
See what I mean. One taco short of a combo plate makes one unreasonable, as are all religious believers.

I very much doubt you would have any trouble calling a strict Muslim unreasonable based upon what the faith teaches eh?
Depends...... eh?
Go ahead, toss some more childish stereotyping my way Crusader Frank.... Ummmm, what was your name again?
I have only ever had one name here. If you understood the Internet you'd know why. And, you don't believe that Islam is unreasonable? Interesting.

look, bank robbers sometimes get away with it too. so do murderers. but just because they can sometime evade prosecution doesn't mean the law is on their side.

He doesn't have to answer a single question, he is not required to even take the witness stand. He doesn't have to prove his case, the plaintiff does. This isn't Perry Mason you moron!

the retail operation

Depends...... eh?
I have only ever had one name here. If you understood the Internet you'd know why. And, you don't believe that Islam is unreasonable? Interesting.
Radical anything is unreasonable, like yourself. Good thing most people aren't radical in any aspect of their lives. :thup:
Oh and I called you Crusader Frank for a reason..... Look up, see the pretty contrails.......?

Nothing more is required. Both the hotel and the gun store are subject to the same PA laws. They are both open to the public, and that includes sand *******.

I'm beginning to suspect you're being obtuse on purpose.

The example you posted is not even remotely germane to this discussion. Not all discrimination cases are alike. But you probably already know that.
Discrimination, based on religion in a Public Accommodation, is illegal. That's all that's necessary to know in this case.

Muslim isn't a religion.
Well it would be weird if he said he wouldn't sell guns to Islam........that's Obama's job..

Depends...... eh?
Radical anything is unreasonable, like yourself. Good thing most people aren't radical in any aspect of their lives. :thup:
Oh and I called you Crusader Frank for a reason..... Look up, see the pretty contrails.......?
You can call me anything you like, and you'll still be wrong unless it starts with Paint.

Depends...... eh?
You can call me anything you like, and you'll still be wrong unless it starts with Paint.
Heck knumb knuts, coulda called you Steve McGarritt, you two have loads in common....... Think about it, if that's not too hard. I'll wait for the smell of smoke, it'll be a tell tale sign........

Iverness gun store owner Shop is Muslim-free zone after... www.wftv.com

the muslims are all lathered up over this; well, if their's is a religion of peace why would they care about guns anyhow

they also want the doj to investigate.
ya know really cares about justice in this country
just ask the 21 attacks on military personnel in this country.

CAIR to Seek DOJ Probe of Muslim Free Zone Businesses in Florida New Hampshire Reuters

That's just stupid. Blaming all Muslims for the actions of any Muslim makes no more sense than refusing to rent a truck to a Christian because of Timothy McVeigh.

Its just plain old bigotry.

Though I've got to give conservatives credit: they're becoming much more open about their bigotry.

the retail operation

SMH

If I don't like someone or don't want to have anything to do with them including doing business with them based on my impression of them that's my fucking business.
Call me a "racist" or a "bigot". I couldn't give a shit.

That's just stupid. Blaming all Muslims for the actions of any Muslim makes no more sense than refusing to rent a truck to a Christian because of Timothy McVeigh.

Wrong. McVeigh didn't kill people because of Christianity and he never made a single reference to his christian beliefs when he killed people. He killed people because he hated the gov't. He wasn't led by christianity to kill, that Chat shooter was, and so are all the other muslims. Islam is a religion of hate and violence. I can post numerous passages from the Koran backing this up.

Weird. Cons wail and lament over their belief that same sex marriage unfairly discriminates against Christians. Cons wail and lament any discussion of the possibility of further restrictions on guns citing 2nd amendment gurantees. Yet here they are advocating for both simultaineously against Muslims. I guess the Con mind only allows constitutional protections for those they deem worthy. How unamerican. SMH.

How is not selling a gun to someone I believe cannot legally own a gun a form of discrimination?
I just told you. Look up what the word means. In this case it can be, but not necessarily is, legal discrimination.
You aren't soundly addressing my questions - clearly you understand that you haven't a leg to stand on here, and you have no hope of showing my position to be unsound.

Fact is that I am required by law to not sell a gun to anyone I believe cannot legally own a gun.

Fact is that if you want to claim that I did not sell you the gun not because I believed you were unable to legally own a gun but rather because I wanted to discriminate against you because of your status as a protected class, the onus is completely and fully on you to prove that I did so.discriminate -- including the burden to prove that I indeed had no reason to believe that you were unable to legally own a gun.

Fact is you know you have no chance of that happening because you cannot prove that I did NOT see whatever I said I saw to make me believe you were unable to legally own a gun.

Eat it and smile.
I eagerly await your response that will only serve to prove you know all of what I just said is true.
this is dumb, and you know it. yes, the individual would have a rough time proving their case, although when deposed as to why you thought the person could not legally buy the seller would either have to perjure themselves or admit their deed. they would also surely be required to support the reason they made up - something that isn't easy to do.
Perhaps, perhaps not -- I am not under any obligation to prove myself correct or help my accuser prove his case.
next, if that was the policy, the accuser would be able to show a pattern....
That would, of course depend on how many Muslims cam into my store and were denied a sale based on my discretion -- need three or more to establish a pattern -- and how many of them could prove they were so denied.
Sure. And I'd give it.
He may also have smelled like marijuana. Legitimate denial.

Weird. Cons wail and lament over their belief that same sex marriage unfairly discriminates against Christians. Cons wail and lament any discussion of the possibility of further restrictions on guns citing 2nd amendment gurantees. Yet here they are advocating for both simultaineously against Muslims. I guess the Con mind only allows constitutional protections for those they deem worthy. How unamerican. SMH.
Similarly, liberals are telling us that a gun dealer must sell a gun to an individual regardless of his suspicion that it may be illegal to do so.

Similarly, liberals are telling us that a gun dealer must sell a gun to an individual regardless of his suspicion that it may be illegal to do so.

If your denial is legit and not simply because the customer is Muslim, I have no beef. But that's not what the thread is about though. Right?

I just told you. Look up what the word means. In this case it can be, but not necessarily is, legal discrimination.
You aren't soundly addressing my questions - clearly you understand that you haven't a leg to stand on here, and you have no hope of showing my position to be unsound.

Fact is that I am required by law to not sell a gun to anyone I believe cannot legally own a gun.

Fact is that if you want to claim that I did not sell you the gun not because I believed you were unable to legally own a gun but rather because I wanted to discriminate against you because of your status as a protected class, the onus is completely and fully on you to prove that I did so.discriminate -- including the burden to prove that I indeed had no reason to believe that you were unable to legally own a gun.

Fact is you know you have no chance of that happening because you cannot prove that I did NOT see whatever I said I saw to make me believe you were unable to legally own a gun.

Eat it and smile.
I eagerly await your response that will only serve to prove you know all of what I just said is true.
this is dumb, and you know it. yes, the individual would have a rough time proving their case, although when deposed as to why you thought the person could not legally buy the seller would either have to perjure themselves or admit their deed. they would also surely be required to support the reason they made up - something that isn't easy to do.
Sure. And I'd give it.
it's nice to know you have no problem being a perjuring piece of shit.

Eat it and smile.
Sure. And I'd give it.
it's nice to know you have no problem being a perjuring piece of shit.
Can you prove perjury?

Forum List

Back