Florida Governor Again Caves In to the Race Hustlers

Yes they were. They were Americans as much as any American who has ever lived. They were the Confederate States of AMERICA. And Americans don't suddenly stop being Americans, just because somebody doesn't like them.

And the Florida Veteran's Hall of Fame memorial is one that is for veterans of Florida, not the US as a whole.
They stopped being Americans when they seceded.

Why would Florida honor traitors anyway? I'm really surprised that Governor Toad wouldn't do it. One small good thing about him, though he'll probably cave to the whining. Do you live in Floriduh?
1. They did NOT stop being Americans, any more than the North stopped being Americans, by separating themselves from the South, by invading it.

2. These veterans weren't traitors. They fought in defense of their homes in the state of Florida.

3. Governor Toad already caved to the whining (race hustlers) Didn't you read the title of this thread ?

4. I do live in Florida, and your anti-Florida bigotry is duly noted Ravi Bigot.
I am not surprised to find that you live in Floriduh. More's the pity.

The northerners did not leave the USA. Therefore, they were Americans.

It will give you comfort to know that the asshole governor didn't allow them in the hall of fame because they were Democrats :lol: he's one of those morons that pretends that the Dems in the day weren't the RWNJs.
No, bigot fool! Who ever said the northerners left the USA, or that they were not Americans ? What is this > Some kind of poorly constructed straw man ploy ?
geez.gif
thinking.gif
wtf20.gif
See número uno in you rant.
I said they North invaded the South. I didn't say that left the USA. (you said that). And i never said they were not Americans. Are you getting enough sleep ?

Yes they were. They were Americans as much as any American who has ever lived. They were the Confederate States of AMERICA. And Americans don't suddenly stop being Americans, just because somebody doesn't like them.

And the Florida Veteran's Hall of Fame memorial is one that is for veterans of Florida, not the US as a whole.
They stopped being Americans when they seceded.

Why would Florida honor traitors anyway? I'm really surprised that Governor Toad wouldn't do it. One small good thing about him, though he'll probably cave to the whining. Do you live in Floriduh?
1. They did NOT stop being Americans, any more than the North stopped being Americans, by separating themselves from the South, by invading it.

2. These veterans weren't traitors. They fought in defense of their homes in the state of Florida.

3. Governor Toad already caved to the whining (race hustlers) Didn't you read the title of this thread ?

4. I do live in Florida, and your anti-Florida bigotry is duly noted Ravi Bigot.
Stop the cave chimp babble. Get over it. You losers lost and deserve nothing but shame and ridicule. The confederates will long be held up as an example of one of the worst moments of human stupidity known to mankind. Thats pretty much the extent of any honor they deserve.
Some of them should be held up as an example of one of the worst moments of human stupidity known to mankind. That was when they brought idiot, racist, Black people like YOU, to America.
And the Black people helped kick your inbred ancestors asses...lol!!!
1. My ancestors are from Denmark, Germany, and Central America. I have no ancestors from the southern US.

2. Black people fought on the side of the South also.....lol, yourself !!!

Here's something that should have been a post script at the end of the OP >>>

PS - is there an organization in America more racist than the NAACP ?
Yep, the GOP.
Not hardly. The # 1 malicious racism, victimizing the largest number of people for the past 51 years, in America, is Affirmative Action. Set up and maintained by Democrats and the NAACP.

Rick Scardey Scott should not only allow these 3 Confederate veterans to be honored into the Florida Veterans Hall of Fame, he should honor hundreds of other Florida Civil War veterans, and induct them into the hall. And at the induction ceremonies, the US military members participating in the the ceremonies as color guard should carry the Confederate Flag right next to the US flag, the Florida flag, and what was the US flag at the time of the Civil War, to show respect for ALL those who served in the military in the state of Florida.

Images from Florida >>>

th
th
th
th
th
th
th
th
th
th
th
th
th
th
th
th
th
th
th
th
th
th
th

In another act of political cowardice, (as in the Zimmerman case), Florida Governor Rick Scott has caved in to those who think Florida politics should be tailored to their special interest. Black politicians put pressure on Scott to deny 3 Florida Confederate veterans, a place in the state's Veterans' Hall of Fame memorial in the state capitol.

The three Confederate veterans were Edward Perry, a former governor; David Lang, who after the Civil War oversaw the reorganization of the state militia into the National Guard; and Samuel Pasco, a former U.S. senator and the namesake of Pasco County.

csa-david-lang-600x400-ts90.jpg
csa-edward-perry-600x400-ts90.jpg
csa-samuel-pasco-600x400-ts90.jpg

The excuse given by Scott and his lap dogs is that to be eligible, you have to be a military veteran of Florida ... have been honorably discharged, and played a significant part in the history of the state. These men do meet all these criteria. They are being stonewalled purely by the same pushy belligerence we see so often nowadays from Black radicals, who seem to demand that the whole country adjust everything to meet their agendas.

Here's some of the rather unbalanced complaints put foward by them >>

Adora Obi Nweze, president of NAACP Florida State Conference and Miami-Dade Branch, said she's "frankly appalled" by the effort.
"The Confederacy fought to tear apart our country, in support of savage slavery, in a misguided, hateful attempt to uphold that abomination," she said in a statement, "[and] to have these men honored in a memorial at the state Capitol for their service on the wrong side of history, would be an injustice to the descendants of enslaved Americans and an insult to all Americans who have bravely served our country with honor."
Army veteran Dale Landry, president of the NAACP chapter in Tallahassee, told Capitol News Service in Florida that extending the honor up to Confederate veterans opens up the door to other militaries that fought against the United States.
"The Japanese military, the Japanese army, the Japanese navy, you see? The Germans, the Nazis. I'm sorry, but that's the same to me," Landry said.

What absurdities. The Confederate soldiers were Americans, no matter how distasteful that fact may be to these rabble-rousers. And it is an insult to them and their descendants, and the descendants of all Confederate soldiers, to somehow redefine them as non-Americans, comparable to German Nazis and Japs of World War II. The US govt defined them as US veterans in 1958, and at that time extended all VA benefits to their survivors (no Civil War veterans, North or South, remained alive by 1958).

The Sons of Confederate Veterans, a national group founded in Richmond, Virginia, and based in Columbia, Tennessee, say the recognition isn't about defending slavery, but honoring those who answered their country's call. I agree. This honor of the Florida Veterans' Hall of Fame memorial, is about the men who served, not about the politics behind it, which came from politicians, who, for the most part, did not serve. What will Americans 100 years from now say about the Vietnam Veterans ? That they should not be honored for having served (58,000 were killed), because of a disapproval of that war's politics ?

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2...l-of-fame.html
The law is pretty clear in regard to membership in the Florida Veterans Hall of Fame. A person must have an honorable discharge from a branch of a US military service. Being a confederate and fighting against the United States doesn't count. However, what do you expect from a bunch of Florida republicans, always finding loopholes to appease blacks.

Gov. Rick Scott and Cabinet refuse to honor Confederate war heroes Tampa Bay Times

I have nothing against heritage...but you do realize...the South LOST the war.

You should let go of the past...it is just holding you back. Look towards the future.

In another act of political cowardice, (as in the Zimmerman case), Florida Governor Rick Scott has caved in to those who think Florida politics should be tailored to their special interest. Black politicians put pressure on Scott to deny 3 Florida Confederate veterans, a place in the state's Veterans' Hall of Fame memorial in the state capitol.

The three Confederate veterans were Edward Perry, a former governor; David Lang, who after the Civil War oversaw the reorganization of the state militia into the National Guard; and Samuel Pasco, a former U.S. senator and the namesake of Pasco County.

The excuse given by Scott and his lap dogs is that to be eligible, you have to be a military veteran of Florida ... have been honorably discharged, and played a significant part in the history of the state. These men do meet all these criteria. They are being stonewalled purely by the same pushy belligerence we see so often nowadays from Black radicals, who seem to demand that the whole country adjust everything to meet their agendas.

Adora Obi Nweze, president of NAACP Florida State Conference and Miami-Dade Branch, said she's "frankly appalled" by the effort.
"The Confederacy fought to tear apart our country, in support of savage slavery, in a misguided, hateful attempt to uphold that abomination," she said in a statement, "[and] to have these men honored in a memorial at the state Capitol for their service on the wrong side of history, would be an injustice to the descendants of enslaved Americans and an insult to all Americans who have bravely served our country with honor."
Army veteran Dale Landry, president of the NAACP chapter in Tallahassee, told Capitol News Service in Florida that extending the honor up to Confederate veterans opens up the door to other militaries that fought against the United States.
"The Japanese military, the Japanese army, the Japanese navy, you see? The Germans, the Nazis. I'm sorry, but that's the same to me," Landry said.

What absurdities. The Confederate soldiers were Americans, no matter how distasteful that fact may be to these rabble-rousers. And it is an insult to them and their descendants, and the descendants of all Confederate soldiers, to somehow redefine them as non-Americans, comparable to German Nazis and Japs of World War II. The US govt defined them as US veterans in 1958, and at that time extended all VA benefits to their survivors (no Civil War veterans, North or South, remained alive by 1958).

The Sons of Confederate Veterans, a national group founded in Richmond, Virginia, and based in Columbia, Tennessee, say the recognition isn't about defending slavery, but honoring those who answered their country's call. I agree. This honor of the Florida Veterans' Hall of Fame memorial, is about the men who served, not about the politics behind it, which came from politicians, who, for the most part, did not serve. What will Americans 100 years from now say about the Vietnam Veterans ? That they should not be honored for having served (58,000 were killed), because of a disapproval of that war's politics ?

The law is pretty clear in regard to membership in the Florida Veterans Hall of Fame. A person must have an honorable discharge from a branch of a US military service. Being a confederate and fighting against the United States doesn't count. However, what do you expect from a bunch of Florida republicans, always finding loopholes to appease blacks.

Gov. Rick Scott and Cabinet refuse to honor Confederate war heroes Tampa Bay Times

Oh yeah, right. Those doggone Republicans. What a bunch of Black appeasers they are. Clear throat. High-pitched whistle. Eyes rolling around in head. And you don't need to give me a link to a story about this . You already got your link that I gave to you. http://www.military.com/daily-news/2...l-of-fame.html
And the North was just as much fighting against the United States as the South was, so don't give me that "doesn't count" crap. The VA has defined Confederate veterans as veterans of the United States military (in 1958).

You should let go of the past...it is just holding you back. Look towards the future.
Nothing holding back. I'm just not willing to be dictated to by a bunch of racist pigs like the NAACP, that's all.

Nothing holding back. I'm just not willing to be dictated to by a bunch of racist pigs like the NAACP, that's all.
You sure do bitch like you are being held back....if its not the refusal to recognize losers...its your failure being the fault of AA.

Pull up your pants and quit blaming everyone else for your failures. You sound like a negro that you complain so much about. :lol: What a hypocrite.

Oh yeah, right. Those doggone Republicans. What a bunch of Black appeasers they are. Clear throat. High-pitched whistle. Eyes rolling around in head. And you don't need to give me a link to a story about this . You already got your link that I gave to you. http://www.military.com/daily-news/2...l-of-fame.html
And the North was just as much fighting against the United States as the South was, so don't give me that "doesn't count" crap. The VA has defined Confederate veterans as veterans of the United States military (in 1958).

If the state of Florida wants to make confederates eligible for membership in the hall fame, they can change the eligibility requirement of the law. With a Republican legislature and a Republican governor they can easily do so. Till then, the governor is following the law as he should.

IMHO, any organized group which tries to kill U.S. soldiers should not be honored as US veterans and that includes confederate veterans, American Indians, or any group that fights US armed forces.

Last edited:
You sure do bitch like you are being held back....if its not the refusal to recognize losers...its your failure being the fault of AA.

Pull up your pants and quit blaming everyone else for your failures. You sound like a negro that you complain so much about. :lol: What a hypocrite.
That's in your head, not mine. Fact is I've been very successful in my life, with my own business, and being a musician as well. AA has no effect on me now, except that my retirement income (Social Security) is reduced somewhat, because. of things that happened decades ago.

And since you've decided to put this thread into judgement mode here, OK, I'll play that game with you. You "sound like" a complete moron, who doesn't know what the hell he's talking about, and just wants to bitch at somebody. What's the matter, puppy ? Not getting enough sex lately ?
As far as "blaming" is concerned, I don't need coaching from jerks about how to do it. I put blame where it belongs, in this case, the NAACP, but you don't care about that. because you're just a mouthy airhead.

If the state of Florida wants make them eligible for membership in the hall fame, they can change the eligibility requirement of the law. With a Republican legislature and a Republican governor they can easily do so. Till then, the governor is following the law as he should.

IMHO, any organized group which tries to kill U.S. soldiers should not be honored as US veterans and that includes confederate veterans, American Indians, or any group that fights US armed forces.
As I already stated, and the link did also, these veterans fully meet the eligibility requirements. No, Scott's NOT following anything, except wimping out to the NAACP, and whatever they're threatening him with - most likely a Ferguson type ordeal (protests escalating to riots). Anyone reading my link supplied at the end of the OP, can easily ascertain that. One would have to be the dumbest sucker in the world to fall for the really empty excuse Scott gave.

If the state of Florida wants make them eligible for membership in the hall fame, they can change the eligibility requirement of the law. With a Republican legislature and a Republican governor they can easily do so. Till then, the governor is following the law as he should.

As I already stated, and the link did also, these veterans fully meet the eligibility requirements. No, Scott's NOT following anything, except wimping out to the NAACP, and whatever they're threatening him with - most likely a Ferguson type ordeal (protests escalating to riots). Anyone reading my link supplied at the end of the OP, can easily ascertain that. One would have to be the dumbest sucker in the world to fall for the really empty excuse Scott gave.
After reading the actual statue, I think you are correct. The statue does not specifically limit inductees to veterans of the United States Armed Forces. I don't think confederates should be inducted but that's just my opinion.

Statutes Constitution View Statutes Online Sunshine

They weren't Americans while they were confederate soldiers.

They quit being Americans when they took up arms against America and ATTACKED America. It is BS to honor those who fought to preserve slavery, pure BS.
Then you don't salute the flag or honor it right? What you ignorant libtards don't comprehend is that no ship EVER flew the confederate flag over a slave ship. Can't say the same for the US flag.

If the state of Florida wants to make confederates eligible for membership in the hall fame, they can change the eligibility requirement of the law. With a Republican legislature and a Republican governor they can easily do so. Till then, the governor is following the law as he should.

Then you must think that the army of the North shouldn't be honored, after they tried to, and did, kill hundreds of thousands of US soldiers from 11 US states.

After reading the actual statue, I think you are correct. The statue does not specifically limit inductees to veterans of the United States Armed Forces. I don't think confederates should be inducted but that's just my opinion.

Statutes Constitution View Statutes Online Sunshine
The Confederate soldiers WERE veterans of the United States Armed Forces. Your way of excluding them from this country, is incredibly bigoted against 90 million people living in the 11 southern states. Rethink.

Forum List

Back