Sen. Allen would make church mandatory. God help us.

Brian_1349

Mar 22, 2015
Allen said, "Probably we should be debating a bill requiring every American to attend a church of their choice on Sunday to see if we can get back to having a moral rebirth," adding "that would never be allowed."

Wow. That's just wow!
In the XXI century there are still people who advocate mandatory church attendance and in earnest believe it will help our nation to overcome moral hurdles. I am quite sure methods like this are warmly welcomed in Iran.

I am not saying Allen is being disrespectful to 20% of Americans by mentioning Sunday as the only option for a holy day but she is. Not all Americans are Christians and we cannot exclude them from political and social activities. And of course we should not exclude them from legislative process.

Allen said, "Probably we should be debating a bill requiring every American to attend a church of their choice on Sunday to see if we can get back to having a moral rebirth," adding "that would never be allowed."

Wow. That's just wow!
In the XXI century there are still people who advocate mandatory church attendance and in earnest believe it will help our nation to overcome moral hurdles. I am quite sure methods like this are warmly welcomed in Iran.

I am not saying Allen is being disrespectful to 20% of Americans by mentioning Sunday as the only option for a holy day but she is. Not all Americans are Christians and we cannot exclude them from political and social activities. And of course we should not exclude them from legislative process.

What should be made mandatory is a civics or government class for politicians. Something covering the Constitution, and in particular the Bill of Rights . :) Seems like the only class this one took was "Fascism and Theory by Adolf Hitler"

Last edited:
"I believe what's happening to our country is that there's a moral erosion of the soul of America," she said.

Allen later told the Arizona Capitol Times that she wished things were more like they were in the 1950s.

Allen told the Times, "People prayed, people went to church. I remember on Sundays the stores were closed. The biggest thing is religion was kicked out of our public places, out of our schools."

Nonsense.

There is no 'moral erosion,' the notion is unfounded idiocy.

And religion, Christianity in particular, has no 'monopoly' on morality, those of other faiths, or free from faith, are perfectly capable of being moral – no 'rebirth' necessary.

"I believe what's happening to our country is that there's a moral erosion of the soul of America," she said.

Allen later told the Arizona Capitol Times that she wished things were more like they were in the 1950s.

Allen told the Times, "People prayed, people went to church. I remember on Sundays the stores were closed. The biggest thing is religion was kicked out of our public places, out of our schools."

Nonsense.

And religion, Christianity in particular, has no 'monopoly' on morality, those of other faiths, or free from faith, are perfectly capable of being moral – no 'rebirth' necessary.

People who opine for the good ol' days of the 1950s either weren't alive then and are judging things by tv shows, or they're white men. 50s were truly awesome, if a man and white. Sucked for everyone else though. :)

How would you force everyone to get up on Sunday and go to Church? send police door to door? whos going to pay for all that over time?

How would you force everyone to get up on Sunday and go to Church? send police door to door? whos going to pay for all that over time?

Ask the Catholics circa 1200

"Didn't see you at Mass yesterday David?"

"Didn't feel like it."

"A Jew! Burn him! BURN HIM!" ;)

Wouldn't the cops need search warrants too?

How does anyone that stupid even get elected?

Maybe we could send the TSA agents door to door instead, or create our own morality police like Saudi Arabia?

Nonsense.

Yeah...blue laws....Christian sharia law.

Maybe we could send the TSA agents door to door instead, or create our own morality police like Saudi Arabia?

:lol:

The "morality police" would be just one more government agency employing a union to poke their noses into people's lives. Only someone as stupid as Sen Allen would think that was "good idea". :D

Wow. That's just wow!

Who is Senator Allen?

I do not have the time to google and scan the entire Senate roster.

Exactly. How DOES anyone that stupid get elected?

We've been asking that about many of the Democrats and Obama. He doesn't just want to FORCE us to buy insurance, he went ahead and put his fascist plan into a law. and then he was dreaming of forcing us all to have to vote next. what is wrong with you Democrat voters anyway

We've been asking that about many of the Democrats and Obama. He doesn't just want to FORCE us to buy insurance, he went ahead and put his fascist plan into a law. and then he was dreaming of forcing us all to have to vote next. what is wrong with you Democrat voters anyway
:cuckoo:

:cuckoo:

hummhumm. hit a nerve? Truth always does

Forum List

Back