Florida Gov Signs Law Requiring Students, Faculty To Have Political Beliefs Surveyed

Dadoalex a budget? a budget can be cut at any time, just because something is budgeted doesn’t mean what is allocated means that program is entitled to the funds
As a threat for refusing to take a "survey?"

How about if Biden forced a similar "survey" across the military? DHS? Good with that?
How about a "survey" of the entire federal govt looing for Trumpinista? Sound like a good idea?

It's a bad idea, unconstitutional, and rationalizing this because you think Universities should be forced to indoctrinate students in your brand of "conservatism" clearly shows what hypocrites people calling themselves "conservative" truly are.
Nobody's forcing anything yet. They're just measuring to see if there's a problem.
Fantasyland is at Disney.
The "measurement" IS the problem.
Actually, it isn't, any more than getting racial percentages is the problem.
That you fail to comprehend the post to which you're responding is not surprising.
Do you fear the results of the measurement?
Dadoalex geez who said anything about firing anyone??
When you withhold funding...

Geez you people are stupid.
the Govt ain’t firing anyone...folks might have to adjust their budgets if they decide to ignore the law and not distribute the survey...but nobody is getting canned for their political beliefs
That is the intent.
That is what you believe is the intent.
dembots believe that’s the intent because let’s face it, that would be their intent.

They can’t understand that not everyone is a power hungry fascist like the dems
FYI

hahaha i really don’t care what some op-ed says.

there is no threat
And I don't care what your op says so...

Dadoalex a budget? a budget can be cut at any time, just because something is budgeted doesn’t mean what is allocated means that program is entitled to the funds

How about if Biden forced a similar "survey" across the military? DHS? Good with that?
How about a "survey" of the entire federal govt looing for Trumpinista? Sound like a good idea?

It's a bad idea, unconstitutional, and rationalizing this because you think Universities should be forced to indoctrinate students in your brand of "conservatism" clearly shows what hypocrites people calling themselves "conservative" truly are.
Nobody's forcing anything yet. They're just measuring to see if there's a problem.
That you fail to comprehend the post to which you're responding is not surprising.

the Govt ain’t firing anyone...folks might have to adjust their budgets if they decide to ignore the law and not distribute the survey...but nobody is getting canned for their political beliefs
That is the intent.
take the tin foil off
Says the people afraid to have actual history taught in schools.

Here's your search. you can relieve some of your ignorance.
"desantis threatens universiteis over "survey""
who’s scared of history being taught?
You.

Dadoalex sure so what? there are no restrictions in this survey, in fact they want all the students and faculty to take it

And those who don't want to?
nothing. nobody is forced to take the survey. I ignore surveys all the time
At the threat of your job? education?

I think not.
ahaha there is no threat show me where it says in the law that if you don’t take the survey or the results you’ll be fired or lose your spot?

you are merely lying
Lying?
Please.

To alleviate your ignorance here is the search

"desantis threatens universities over "survey""

you're welcome.
i’m waiting on the part of the law....
So now we know how to keep a Tiny Brained "conservative" in suspense.

Time to slap this classless piece of shit dadolex.

Even your beloved Politifact calls you a liar. And don’t you EVER mention my wife again you asshole.

Dadoalex sure so what? there are no restrictions in this survey, in fact they want all the students and faculty to take it

I think not.
ahaha there is no threat show me where it says in the law that if you don’t take the survey or the results you’ll be fired or lose your spot?

you are merely lying
Lying?
Please.

you're welcome.
i suppose...so you can’t find anything in the law?

That is the intent.
take the tin foil off

You.
huh? what makes you say that? i’m a huge fan of history

That is the intent.
The results are predetermined.
I realize you're not quite capable of conducting the search yourself so here's the link to the results.

And if anything he tries is unconstitutional, the SC will shoot it down. Of greater threat to universities is rigid ideological conformity, something we're attempting to ascertain actually exists.

I think not.

you are merely lying
Lying?
Please.

you're welcome.
I'll leave that to the judge.
SEE Duhdumbass threatens media thrown out.

Captain PandersAllDay is just feeding people like you this crap KNOWING it is illegal and then will blame the courts for "activism."

That is the intent.
take the tin foil off

You.
Yeah
In 1492 Columbus sailed the ocean blue history.

REAL history? You "conservatives" are scared to face REAL American history.
So scared in fact you ban teaching history without even defining what's being banned.

That is the intent.
I realize you're not quite capable of conducting the search yourself so here's the link to the results.

And if anything he tries is unconstitutional, the SC will shoot it down. Of greater threat to universities is rigid ideological conformity, something we're attempting to ascertain actually exists.
Universities teach what is.
There are plenty of Conservatives teaching at universities.
What you want is Ideologues teaching YOUR fact and information theology at Universities.
Another part of the Tiny Brained "conservative" fantasies.

That is the intent.

What you want is Ideologues teaching YOUR fact and information theology at Universities.
"There are plenty of" means you don't know how many.
"There are plenty of" means you don't want to know how many.
"There are plenty of" means you don't want to risk the current setup that teaches things from a left wing point of view.

View attachment 505165

Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) suggested that the state’s public universities and colleges may face financial repercussions depending on the survey results.

Florida’s governor has signed legislation that will require public colleges and universities to annually survey their students and staff about their beliefs and viewpoints in order to support “intellectual diversity,” while hinting that the schools could face financial penalties depending on the survey results.

The goal of House Bill 233, which was signed by Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) on Tuesday, is “to ensure” that students are presented “diverse idea and opinion, including those that they may disagree with or find uncomfortable,” according to its language.

DeSantis said the state’s institutes of higher learning have largely become “intellectually repressive environments” and that these surveys will help to change that.

This new law, which goes into effect on July 1, follows DeSantis earlier this month banning K-12 public schools from featuring specific lessons and discussions related to racism. These include educational lessons and discussions on the concept of critical race theory, which examines systemic racism in American institutions and policies, as well as on “The 1619 Project,” which is a New York Times initiative that reexamines the legacy of slavery in the United States.

Texas
also last month passed a bill that effectively bans public school teachers from talking about racism, white supremacy or current news events.

"Have political beliefs surveyed"? Sounds like a slippery slope to me! In fact - it sounds racist to me - and autocratic! We need smarter students - not dumber students! What do you think?

As the trump Nazis move further and further to the right and fascism, how much longer until they begin burning books offensive to their oppressive agenda?

View attachment 505165

Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) suggested that the state’s public universities and colleges may face financial repercussions depending on the survey results.

Florida’s governor has signed legislation that will require public colleges and universities to annually survey their students and staff about their beliefs and viewpoints in order to support “intellectual diversity,” while hinting that the schools could face financial penalties depending on the survey results.

The goal of House Bill 233, which was signed by Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) on Tuesday, is “to ensure” that students are presented “diverse idea and opinion, including those that they may disagree with or find uncomfortable,” according to its language.

DeSantis said the state’s institutes of higher learning have largely become “intellectually repressive environments” and that these surveys will help to change that.

This new law, which goes into effect on July 1, follows DeSantis earlier this month banning K-12 public schools from featuring specific lessons and discussions related to racism. These include educational lessons and discussions on the concept of critical race theory, which examines systemic racism in American institutions and policies, as well as on “The 1619 Project,” which is a New York Times initiative that reexamines the legacy of slavery in the United States.

Texas
also last month passed a bill that effectively bans public school teachers from talking about racism, white supremacy or current news events.

"Have political beliefs surveyed"? Sounds like a slippery slope to me! In fact - it sounds racist to me - and autocratic! We need smarter students - not dumber students! What do you think?

As the trump Nazis move further and further to the right and fascism, how much longer until they begin burning books offensive to their oppressive agenda?

Because, as we all know, it's one simple step from a survey to burning books. Wow.

That is the intent.

if there are plenty then why are you so worried about this simple voluntary survey?

That is the intent.
take the tin foil off

You.
Yeah
In 1492 Columbus sailed the ocean blue history.

REAL history? You "conservatives" are scared to face REAL American history.
So scared in fact you ban teaching history without even defining what's being banned.
huh? what’s REAL history? did Columbus not do that?

Do you want to teach how the dems fought to keep slaves? created the klan? Jim Crow?

I think not.

you are merely lying
Lying?
Please.

you're welcome.
I'll leave that to the judge.
SEE Duhdumbass threatens media thrown out.

Captain PandersAllDay is just feeding people like you this crap KNOWING it is illegal and then will blame the courts for "activism."
gotcha so you can’t

That is the intent.

"There are plenty of" means you don't want to risk the current setup that teaches things from a left wing point of view.
"Means" means you want to teach "Alternative Facts"
The truth is not left or right, it just is.
Your fear of the truth is "right wing" because it would force you to confront your true history.
AND
If you do that the last 40 years of "conservatism" gets flushed.

That is the intent.

"Means" means you want to teach "Alternative Facts"
The truth is not left or right, it just is.
Your fear of the truth is "right wing" because it would force you to confront your true history.
AND
If you do that the last 40 years of "conservatism" gets flushed.
what true history? like the fact the dems fought a civil war to keep slaves? created jim crow? the klan? you don’t want to talk about that history?

That is the intent.

if there are plenty then why are you so worried about this simple voluntary survey?
Not voluntary.

That is the intent.

How about this?????

Students TIK TOK your survey.
That's right. They skew your survey so badly the data is worthless.
Remember Tulsa??????
What then?

Forum List

Back