Florida Gov Signs Law Requiring Students, Faculty To Have Political Beliefs Surveyed

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
1624578101876.png

Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) suggested that the state’s public universities and colleges may face financial repercussions depending on the survey results.

Florida’s governor has signed legislation that will require public colleges and universities to annually survey their students and staff about their beliefs and viewpoints in order to support “intellectual diversity,” while hinting that the schools could face financial penalties depending on the survey results.

The goal of House Bill 233, which was signed by Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) on Tuesday, is “to ensure” that students are presented “diverse idea and opinion, including those that they may disagree with or find uncomfortable,” according to its language.

DeSantis said the state’s institutes of higher learning have largely become “intellectually repressive environments” and that these surveys will help to change that.

This new law, which goes into effect on July 1, follows DeSantis earlier this month banning K-12 public schools from featuring specific lessons and discussions related to racism. These include educational lessons and discussions on the concept of critical race theory, which examines systemic racism in American institutions and policies, as well as on “The 1619 Project,” which is a New York Times initiative that reexamines the legacy of slavery in the United States.

Texas
also last month passed a bill that effectively bans public school teachers from talking about racism, white supremacy or current news events.

"Have political beliefs surveyed"? Sounds like a slippery slope to me! In fact - it sounds racist to me - and autocratic! We need smarter students - not dumber students! What do you think?

Last edited:
Have "beliefs surveyed"? Sounds like a slippery slope to me! In fact - it sounds racist to me! What do you think?
Sounds to me like the first step towards the reexamination of what a union of states is supposed to be. It makes no sense for all the states to be the same.

Black people need a state of their own responsibility to help them smarten up; and so do liberals.

Have "beliefs surveyed"? Sounds like a slippery slope to me! In fact - it sounds racist to me! What do you think?
I think it's past due. Regardless of what these prog rags try to insinuate, no one is forcing ANY identified individual to make a statement of belief that can be used against them in any way. He wants to see if there are huge disparities between the tenured propagandists and the students that realize if they disagree or speak out against the one-sided political bull shit the Left engages in on campuses, they'd be failed or expelled. That's all it is and it's a danger to those political shills masquerading as educators. Roaches always run from the light.

You would think it sounds like a "slippery slope" because it would mean your fellow Leftist/Democratic brainwashers would be quickly found out and there would be something tangible (proof-wise) for the state to finally go after them for indoctrinating.

You've also purposely ignored the part of the article that says it's to support "intellectual diversity" - that would mean a few teachers and campuses would have to answer to the state for importing their beliefs on them at the expense of alternative theories, diversity, debate, free speech etc - which is the very premise that College's and Universities were meant to be founded on.

Something like this is long overdue. Drain the swamp.

Did you actually READ that article? The headline is clickbait lies. Only a fool would believe these surveys have anything to do with "registering" political views. You people get worked up over the most obviously stupid shit, over and over. Your media masters haven't told you that where this fomented outrage leads, is a place where none of you will want to be, any more than the rest of us. People can only be lied about for so long before they lash out.

I think it's past due. Regardless of what these prog rags try to insinuate, no one is forcing ANY identified individual to make a statement of belief that can be used against them in any way. He wants to see if there are huge disparities between the tenured propagandists and the students that realize if they disagree or speak out against the one-sided political bull shit the Left engages in on campuses, they'd be failed or expelled. That's all it is and it's a danger to those political shills masquerading as educators. Roaches always run from the light.
Authoritarians always go after academia.

You would think it sounds like a "slippery slope" because it would mean your fellow Leftist/Democratic brainwashers would be quickly found out and there would be something tangible (proof-wise) for the state to finally go after them for indoctrinating.

You've also purposely ignored the part of the article that says it's to support "intellectual diversity" - that would mean a few teachers and campuses would have to answer to the state for importing their beliefs on them at the expense of alternative theories, diversity, debate, free speech etc - which is the very premise that College's and Universities were meant to be founded on.

Apparently you glossed over the BOLD paragraph in the OP.

We need smarter students - not dumber students!
A student is only as good as his/her teachers.

They're a product of their environment.

We need teachers who can be trusted to educate and nurture the students not brainwash them.

There's a perfectly valid reason why polling and voting data when it comes to social subjects and politics have kids as left-leaning and social justice warriors then a lot of them turn more conservative or at the very least centrist when they get older - and that's because their life in the real world actually starts and they learn more away from quack teachers.

No I never. I read it and agreed with it.

Critical Race Theory isn't akin to fairness and proper diversity - it's a tool of the brainwashing process.

Removing it ensures more diversity and fairness.

I'm 74, and I was never taught anything in school about racism or the Native American holocaust. Republicans want to continue to sweep it all under the rug. Just a big whitewash of American history - and present reality.
Why would you want to be taught racism?

No I never. I read it and agreed with it.

Critical Race Theory isn't akin to fairness and proper diversity - it's a tool of the brainwashing process.

Removing it ensures more diversity and fairness.

Just what is critical race theory anyway?

Critical race theory is an academic concept that is more than 40 years old. The core idea is that racism is a social construct, and that it is not merely the product of individual bias or prejudice, but also something embedded in legal systems and policies.

Racism is definitely embedded in legal systems and policies. DeSantis is further proof of that fact.

I'm 74, and I was never taught anything in school about racism or the Native American holocaust. Republicans want to continue to sweep it all under the rug. Just a big whitewash of American history - and present reality.
Why would you want to be taught racism?

I had to learn it on the playground during recess - instead of in the classroom in a structured environment.

#5’s problem is that the State (is[italics]) the police, which may be hard to swallow for some. Back to Socrates, who thought that the State was his father. Should the reader really be suprised that this CIA-sponsored propaganda comes at the solstice, the zenith of yangrise? Boycott JoeXi the Catholic-CIA puppet and his sleep-up trollop, and you will have done the best you can under these hybrid circumstances.

What is it that you needed to know that would have made a difference?

The American automaton’s problem we see on this thread is that the prisoners don’t claim enough rights for themselves. The right to contradict oneself is paramount, because their fellow citizen’s can change their minds according to what information they are armed with.

Forum List

Back