Floods and fires, USA

Now if this were a mass shooting, the NRA would be decrying the weakness of our mental health system.

This is sad, as are all these arsonists burning down public lands, destroying wildlife habitat, people's homes and putting people's lives at risk. But it doesn't mean California isn't currently dry as a bone.

Now if this were a mass shooting, the NRA would be decrying the weakness of our mental health system.

This is sad, as are all these arsonists burning down public lands, destroying wildlife habitat, people's homes and putting people's lives at risk. But it doesn't mean California isn't currently dry as a bone.

California is so dry that fire is part of its ecology....how much pity can you work up for people who build in areas where fire is so prevalent that it is actually part of the ecology?....just as stupid as building your home on a flood plain...or right on the beach...

Most of the damage and destruction has nothing to do with climate change and everything to do with overdevelopment on the coasts and in flood prone areas. Add the laxity of regulations with the explosion of second and rental hom s and condos and you have the recipe for tragedies. Flavor with the over the top hyperbole of the weather channel, and instantaneous news gratification pipeline and you have a self sustaining false narrative.

I asked earlier to what damage and destruction you were referring but you have not answered. You seem to be ignoring data that shows the incidence of severe weather and its severity have both increased globally. That more people live on the coasts is the unavoidable result of overpopulation. If you have some solution for that, I guess we can abandon the coastlines (you know, New York, Los Angeles, Seattle, Miami, London, Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Barcelona, Naples, Monaco, Venice, Istanbul, Bahrain, Abu Dhabi, Durban, Cape Town, Mumbai, Colombo, Singapore, Macau, Hong Kong, Jakarta, Makasser, Manila, Taipei, Shanghai, Osaka, Tokyo, Honolulu, Lima, Buenos Aires, Rio de Janero, Caracas and New Orleans. They're all just overdeveloped second homes and rental condos. Right?

Jesus crick, incidences of severe weather? Why don't you start with hurricanes in the Gulf of Mexico. That's,where I live. That's what I know about. Spin that one for me. He'll hurricanes in the Atlantic period, for the last ten years. You can't make a case here so your premise is false.

My point about population is just that storms of the same intensity as a hundred years ago cause more damage today so it is inferred that they are worse,when they aren't.

It was 36 degrees in Salt Lake City this morning in the middle of August. Thank god for global warming.

Climate scientists are not measuring storm intensity by the cost of the damages caused. Think about that for a second.

Global warming is not going to end hot spells and cold spells. The world's average temperature has only risen 1 centigrade degree. Your observation of 36 degrees in Salt Lake City (elevation 4,226 feet) is not surprising nor is it meaningful in this context.

1*XjQdf9YuDGeZIiFC_JxLbA.jpeg

Increased temperatures and decreased precipitation increase the chances of wildfires.

Don't they Frank?

Increased temperatures and decreased precipitation increase the chances of wildfires.

Don't they Frank?

We are talking about a place where fire is so common that it is part of the ecology....meaning that it is always hot and always dry...untended underbrush and poor land management result in fires getting out of control.

And I'd hate to put an actual claim in your mouth, but do you not think precipitation levels might also factor in there somewhere?

And I'd hate to put an actual claim in your mouth, but do you not think precipitation levels might also factor in there somewhere?

Is fire an internal part of the ecology there or not?....if that is the case...does that not indicate that dry is business as usual there? would not the very ecology change if rainfall were more frequent?

An internal part of the ecology? You're being stupider than usual. The ecological functions of an environment are what they are. They are not fixed. They are not SUPPOSED to be one way and not the other. The question is, do you not believe that precipitation levels are a factor in the incidence of wildfires?

The answer obvious to everyone is of course YES. And the fact that you didn't want to answer the question tells us all what we need to know: You're attempting to obstruct the truth here. Pretty much everywhere you open your yap.

An internal part of the ecology? You're being stupider than usual. The ecological functions of an environment are what they are. They are not fixed. They are not SUPPOSED to be one way and not the other. The question is, do you not believe that precipitation levels are a factor in the incidence of wildfires?

The answer obvious to everyone is of course YES. And the fact that you didn't want to answer the question tells us all what we need to know: You're attempting to obstruct the truth here. Pretty much everywhere you open your yap.

Really...so fire isn't so ingrained into the ecology there that certain plants depend upon it for germination of their seeds?

Why don't you actually respond to what I write? AGAIN: do you deny that precipitation levels are a major factor in the incidence of wildfires? Fucking YES or fucking NO.

Why don't you actually respond to what I write? AGAIN: do you deny that precipitation levels are a major factor in the incidence of wildfires? Fucking YES or fucking NO.

What's the matter crick...were you unaware that fire is so much a part of the ecology there and has been for so long that some of the plants have actually evolved to depend on the presence of fire for the propagation of their species?

F'ing yes or F'ing No?

Obviously, fires take place and different regions with different climates will have different rates of incidence.

But you are avoiding answering my question - the one I asked you first. Why would that be? Embarrassed? Afraid?

Do you deny that precipitation levels are a significant factor in the incidence of wildfires?

Obviously, fires take place and different regions with different climates will have different rates of incidence.

But you are avoiding answering my question - the one I asked you first. Why would that be? Embarrassed? Afraid?

Do you deny that precipitation levels are a significant factor in the incidence of wildfires?

No crick...not afraid to answer your question....I hoped (pointlessly) that you might wake up some time or other to the fact that the rainfall there is well within the limits of natural variability....clearly...it isn't going to happen and you will go right on believing that the sky is falling when in fact, you just got tapped on the head by a falling acorn.

Forum List

Back