Flat vs Progressive taxation

JBeukema

Rookie
Apr 23, 2009
everywhere and nowhere
flat tax, taxing people more just because they've suceeded in life isn't fair.

Not all progressive tax is punitive taxation. Is it fair to tax the poor so greatly that they are driven to poverty? Should not those who have less be expected to surrender less?

It is a matter of degree, is it not?

flat tax, taxing people more just because they've suceeded in life isn't fair.

Not all progressive tax is punitive taxation. Is it fair to tax the poor so greatly that they are driven to poverty? Should not those who have less be expected to surrender less?

It is a matter of degree, is it not?

you just went over my head:lol::lol::lol:

can you explain in terms i may understand?

The poor by definition are already leaving in poverty and are not taxed in the USA

So you dont believe a man has the right to keep what he works hard for, why, why should you decide to give my money to someone else.

Those with less pay less. Hell, the last tax rebate even went to those who paid no tax.

Everyone should pay the same amount period, that is fair.

What the real problem is the government is consuming 100% of every dollar produced.

We need one tax, no state, no local, no property tax, no fees for anything, no state sales tax, no fees to pay for building permits, no fees on my phone bill, my electric bill, no fees when I apply for a passport.

A 10% federal sales tax that the IRS divides amongst the states.

Let's get rid of the income tax and not replace it with a flat, fair, progressive, or any other misnamed form of taxation.

I would support a flat tax provided there are NO EXEMPTIONS

No mortgage exemptions, no child exemptions, and none of the thousands of pages of exemptions available to the wealthy.

Let everyone pay tax on EVERY dollar they take in

• Banned
The poor by definition are already leaving in poverty and are not taxed in the USA

So you dont believe a man has the right to keep what he works hard for, why, why should you decide to give my money to someone else.

This is not the place to debate anarchism

create a new thread if you wish to discuss that matter
Everyone should pay the same amount period, that is fair.

I'm sure the poor man would agree :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back