Flat Tax vs Fair Tax

The Fair Tax would also likely make the IRS obsolete.

For that reason alone the government would probable not want to pass it.
It is true that liberals like big government. (Lots of gov't employees) But the Fair Tax would not do away with all those people now in the IRS.. The government will need most of those people to administrate ObamaCare.

The Fair Tax is the way to go. There would be no need of the government knowing how much money you make or where it came from. The taxation would be on CONSUMED PRODUCTS AND SERVICES. You buy something...you pay the fair tax.

That way, when a pimp buys a Rolls Royce, he pays the tax. When a drug dealer buys a yacht, he pays the tax. As it is now, these people pay little or nothing in income tax. They are crooks! To avoid the tax, they just don't report the income.

I do believe that the Fair Tax would work. I also believe it will never be implemented because our "lawmakers" love to be able to control things and grant favors to each other by way of loopholes and variations in tax rates.

That's a good point. I would still be worried about the service industry though. Surely, a the fair tax would need to apply to that as well. It's awfully easy to pay someone under the table for a simple service.

It is true that liberals like big government. (Lots of gov't employees) But the Fair Tax would not do away with all those people now in the IRS.. The government will need most of those people to administrate ObamaCare.

The Fair Tax is the way to go. There would be no need of the government knowing how much money you make or where it came from. The taxation would be on CONSUMED PRODUCTS AND SERVICES. You buy something...you pay the fair tax.

That way, when a pimp buys a Rolls Royce, he pays the tax. When a drug dealer buys a yacht, he pays the tax. As it is now, these people pay little or nothing in income tax. They are crooks! To avoid the tax, they just don't report the income.

I do believe that the Fair Tax would work. I also believe it will never be implemented because our "lawmakers" love to be able to control things and grant favors to each other by way of loopholes and variations in tax rates.

That's a good point. I would still be worried about the service industry though. Surely, a the fair tax would need to apply to that as well. It's awfully easy to pay someone under the table for a simple service.

It is easy to do so today, as well. But with a Fair Tax, that service person would be taxed as soon as they spent that money they got under the table, which does not currently happen.

Last edited:

I understand your concern...but why would the seller help you cheat on the tax when they will take the heat for it.
If you don't pay it they will be held responsible.

Unlike the income tax....people cheat on it because they are responsible to file it. Not their business.

How about repeal the unconstitutional sixteenth amendment and have a federal sales tax? That's the only fair way to tax people.

Agreed

A sales tax is regressive [Definition of 'Regressive Tax': A tax that takes a larger percentage from low-income people than from high-income people. A regressive tax is generally a tax that is applied uniformly. This means that it hits lower-income individuals harder.]

How is that fair?

BTW, posting that the 16th Amendment to our Constitution is unconstitutional is one of the most ignorant comments I've ever read.

your 'regressive' defense is non-sense.

poor buy cheap goods on sale
rich buy high end goods and don't care if its on sale

common sense defeats your arguement

A sales tax is regressive [Definition of 'Regressive Tax': A tax that takes a larger percentage from low-income people than from high-income people. A regressive tax is generally a tax that is applied uniformly. This means that it hits lower-income individuals harder.]

How is that fair?

BTW, posting that the 16th Amendment to our Constitution is unconstitutional is one of the most ignorant comments I've ever read.

Again ..... Prebate.

BTW, the cheat goods that the poor buy are made in China. Wouldn't you like to change that? The Fair Tax will help America compete globally.

How is that fair?

Again ..... Prebate.

BTW, the cheat goods that the poor buy are made in China. Wouldn't you like to change that? The Fair Tax will help America compete globally.

I think prebate is a bad idea. If you can't figure out how to live day to day.....

As far as getting to compete again; more jobs here = more people buying here = more tax revenue = equals the tax gets lowered = more jobs here = more people buying here = more tax revenue = equals the tax gets lowered = more jobs here = more people buying here = more tax revenue = equals the tax gets lowered = more jobs here = more people buying here = more tax revenue = equals the tax gets lowered = etc, etc

Prebate :rolleyes:

Having some pay nothing in federal income tax (while they earn income) because of a subjective look into their situation is about as stupid as having a draft where everyone must serve unless you last name begins with K,L,P,Q, or U

Prebate :rolleyes:

Having some pay nothing in federal income tax (while they earn income) because of a subjective look into their situation is about as stupid as having a draft where everyone must serve unless you last name begins with K,L,P,Q, or U

Confused on what you are talking about.

We all agree the tax system is broke. The question is how do we fix it or do we replace it with something else?

Do you support a Flat Tax or the Fair Tax plans and why?

Women with bigger boobs should pay less in taxes.

Again ..... Prebate.

I think prebate is a bad idea. If you can't figure out how to live day to day.....

As far as getting to compete again; more jobs here = more people buying here = more tax revenue = equals the tax gets lowered = more jobs here = more people buying here = more tax revenue = equals the tax gets lowered = more jobs here = more people buying here = more tax revenue = equals the tax gets lowered = more jobs here = more people buying here = more tax revenue = equals the tax gets lowered = etc, etc

The prebate is there for a reason. It is only given to US citizens...so it gives a incentive to become a legal citizen. Plus, it helps large families and single parents coupe with the cost of basic needs. Everyone is treated equally.
Some talk about the cost of mailing all those checks every month....which I understand but we have systems in place now to handle it. Unemployment, Social Security, welfare, etc. are all monthly mailed checks. Keep in mind most of the payments will be electronic.

The one thing that no one thinks about is there will be no more tracking of income = no more data to divide the voting class=Thus no more class warfare.

Last edited:
I'm totally in favor of a flat tax rate. It's really the only fair method of taxation there is.

And I like the idea of taxing consumption instead of income, so I'm leaning toward the Fair Tax.

The one thing that no one thinks about is there will be no more tracking of income = no more data to divide the voting class=Thus no more class warfare.

That's exactly the reason the libturds hate it.

I'm totally in favor of a flat tax rate. It's really the only fair method of taxation there is.

And I like the idea of taxing consumption instead of income, so I'm leaning toward the Fair Tax.

I once thought the flat tax was the best option, but it is still a income tax. I never liked the thought of the government getting my money, that I worked for, before I did.
Plus, the legal working class pays while everyone else benefits.

The graph shows annual expenditures for a family of four and the corresponding FairTax effective tax rates. The poor actually pay less than zero-percent retail sales tax on their spending. Much like with the earned income tax credit of today, the rebate may give them more money than they actually spend on retail taxes. Especially if they are frugal and buy mostly used products. On the other hand, the wealthy approach a maximum of 23-percent retail sales tax on their spending.
http://www.fairtax.org/images/content/pagebuilder/10457.gif

Remember, used goods are not taxed. This will save low income families from paying if they are frugal.

If you let your government to create a national sales tax or VAT to replace income tax... you will pay both. That's the european experience.

Only 6 european nations have not raised the VAT between 2008 and 2012.

A person making $20K a year would be paying a lot more than $20 a week in sales taxes. VAT is more complex and burdensome, since it's collected at each stage of production, distribution and sale.

A lot of folks seem to be under the impression that a Single Payer system is paid mostly by taxes on the rich, but that is not the case. Yes, Europe has generous social benefits, but we also have high taxes on EVERYONE and EVERYTHING.

Last edited:
If you let your government to create a national sales tax or VAT to replace income tax... you will pay both. That's the european experience.

Only 6 european nations have not raised the VAT between 2008 and 2012.

A person making $20K a year would be paying a lot more than $20 a week in sales taxes. VAT is more complex and burdensome, since it's collected at each stage of production, distribution and sale.

A lot of folks seem to be under the impression that a Single Payer system is paid mostly by taxes on the rich, but that is not the case. Yes, Europe has generous social benefits, but we also have high taxes on EVERYONE and EVERYTHING.

Don't let them have both. In the Fair Tax bill it says that the income tax has to be repealed before it is to be passed.

And I hate the idea of a VAT at all levels of commerce.

Forum List

Back