Flash of Insight Moment about Mitt Romney's Debate Performance in 1st Debate

Did Romney threaten to fire Jim Lehrer and Big Bird last night?
In fact, he did not.

Unless Big Bird and Lehrer cannot survive without that 2% funding from the government...you know, that miniscule amount you batshit crazy people keep saying won't make a difference to the budget...

This one requires a visual and audio assist. Let's go to the videotape.

Smirk - YouTube

(I am basically reiterating an observation I made just a short couple of moments ago in a different thread here).

Go to the 1:00 mark. It's a decent starting point.

Play it through maybe 1:14 or so.

Focus not just on WHAT Mitt is saying, but HOW he delivers that part of his commentary.

Doesn't he SOUND an awful lot like RONALD REAGAN there?

Whoever persuaded Mitt to go all RONNIE on us, give that guy a raise.

Romney doesn't have any hostages to use as political pawns.

Reagan held no hostages at all, you idiot. The scumbag Iranian Assotollahs quivered and wet their diapers the moment he got inaugurated.

This one requires a visual and audio assist. Let's go to the videotape.

Smirk - YouTube

(I am basically reiterating an observation I made just a short couple of moments ago in a different thread here).

Go to the 1:00 mark. It's a decent starting point.

Play it through maybe 1:14 or so.

Focus not just on WHAT Mitt is saying, but HOW he delivers that part of his commentary.

Doesn't he SOUND an awful lot like RONALD REAGAN there?

Whoever persuaded Mitt to go all RONNIE on us, give that guy a raise.

Romney doesn't have any hostages to use as political pawns.

Reagan held no hostages at all, you idiot. The scumbag Iranian Assotollahs quivered and wet their diapers the moment he got inaugurated.
The very same day if I remember right. lol

Wow, Romney went from being your last choice for the nomination to being like Reagan in a couple months? When did GOP voters lose all sense of shame?

As we get to know Romney better, he is proving to be the man we wished he would be instead of what democrats kept telling us he was. It's not shame. It's admitting we were wrong in the first place. Thank goodness, Romney made it to the nomination. If I knew during the primaries what I know now, I would certainly have voted for him. I made a mistake and voted for Newt Gingich. It's good fortune that the majority put Romney in the top slot.

Wow, Romney went from being your last choice for the nomination to being like Reagan in a couple months? When did GOP voters lose all sense of shame?

As we get to know Romney better, he is proving to be the man we wished he would be instead of what democrats kept telling us he was. It's not shame. It's admitting we were wrong in the first place. Thank goodness, Romney made it to the nomination. If I knew during the primaries what I know now, I would certainly have voted for him. I made a mistake and voted for Newt Gingich. It's good fortune that the majority put Romney in the top slot.

Good post.

Either Mitt has changed for the better OR my initial assessment of him was somewhat inaccurate.

Either way, even way back when, I made no bones about it. The ultimate winner of the GOP nomination process WOULD be getting my vote. That was an easy call to make then and it's getting easier by the minute.

And yes, Mitt fucking LOWERED THE BOOM on the incumbent at the debate #1.

Great Job.

Forum List

Back