Fixing Tax Loopholes, 51% of Americans Pay NO Incomes Taxes

Also...the ONLY people in my opinion who should pay zero income tax is:

1) Students, including high school students IF they have a college savings plan.
2) Active military.

That's it.

I would ammend that to active military in a war zone! and then we'd be in agreement.

1) Students, including high school students IF they have a college savings plan.
2) Active military.

That's it.

So if you're income is below the poverty line or you have no income and you can't feed your kids..you should be liable to taxes?

:lol:

I almost started a thread about this because its so funny.

Half of Americans pay no federal income taxes, conservatives have picked up on this and are outraged (ironically)

and, more ironcially, that can't be changed because the Republicans have signed a pledge not to raise ANY taxes ANY time for ANY reason.

Yes, but they haven't signed a pledge to NOT work on revising the tax system. Too many freeloaders.

They signed a pledge that won't let them eliminate tax credits for Big Oil, so I hardly think they can claim they didn't also pledge not to eliminate the earned income tax credit, or the child tax credit.

The median salary* in the USA is about $21,000.

Given that, it's small wonder that 51% of Americans pay no income taxes.

If we want more American paying more taxes, we might at least consider trying to come up with ways that we can increase the median salaries of the American workers.

But every policy advanced by pretty much both parties in the last fourty years has been designed to put downward pressure on the value of American labor.

Reap what we've sowed Americans.

*(that's median salary, not median household income)

Which is a direct result of smashing the Unions. To bits.

Who here wants to give up your child tax credit?

Who here wants to give up your earned income tax credit?

Who here wants to have their bottom marginal rate raised?

That's how you'd fix this 'problem'.

In fact, letting the Bush tax cuts expire would have put tens of thousands back to paying taxes.

2) Active military.

That's it.

So if you're income is below the poverty line or you have no income and you can't feed your kids..you should be liable to taxes?

If you earn income in the United States yes, you should pay Federal Income Taxes. If you have no income then NO you would be NOT liable to pay INCOME tax,, but neither should you receive a rebate on the ZERO you pay.

I almost started a thread about this because its so funny.

Half of Americans pay no federal income taxes, conservatives have picked up on this and are outraged (ironically)

and, more ironcially, that can't be changed because the Republicans have signed a pledge not to raise ANY taxes ANY time for ANY reason.

Yes, but they haven't signed a pledge to NOT work on revising the tax system. Too many freeloaders.

They signed a pledge that won't let them eliminate tax credits for Big Oil, so I hardly think they can claim they didn't also pledge not to eliminate the earned income tax credit, or the child tax credit.

The whole entire tax code to be a flat tax. no exemptions, no loopholes no nothing. That's the fairest tax system in the world.

2) Active military.

That's it.

If you earn income in the United States yes, you should pay Federal Income Taxes. If you have no income then NO you would be NOT liable to pay INCOME tax,, but neither should you receive a rebate on the ZERO you pay.

No working person should have trouble feeding their kids and having decent housing.

This is the richest nation in the world. There is absolutely no excuse for poverty of any kind.

No working person should have trouble feeding their kids and having decent housing.

This is the richest nation in the world. There is absolutely no excuse for poverty of any kind.

Be that as it may, that does not give your gang the right to steal , loot and plunder.

If you don't want to be poor then go out there and WORK FOR A LIVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2) Active military.

That's it.

If you made an income, absolutely.
If you can't feed your kids then you shouldn't have had any.
I have ZERO sympathy for a single mother who has 4 kids by 3-4 different sperm donors. In fact...she should have to pay a higher rate of taxes since the rest of us are paying for the lion share of her kids food/healthcare/education.

The whole entire tax code to be a flat tax. no exemptions, no loopholes no nothing. That's the fairest tax system in the world.

Not even the groups of any consequence that support the flat tax support that.

Remember Steve Forbes' flat tax? lol, maybe that's before your time. That had an exemption in it that came out to no family under 36,000 paid any federal income tax.

If you think trying to raise taxes on just the wealthy is difficult,

try raising taxes on just the not-wealthy.

Sorry conservatives, and anyone else who hates it...

...you are stuck with this no-tax half of the American population. You wanted it, you got it.

I don't feel guilty for getting a tax refund. Shall I be your next villain to slay? Since the destruction of the middle class, unions and teachers have been on the GOP sharpshooters target sights?

What hateful pubcrappe you dupes parrot-...

A. They DO pay the same percentage as the rich in taxes, payroll taxes, and fees. And this BS also includes the EITC, etc. the poor schnucks have to get to survive.Payroll taxes just passed income taxes in revenue...think about that...
B. Liberals have compassion for their fellow man and are not going to hell like you a-holes- and they like to contribute. Ignorance and being sorely misled are no excuse...:eusa_angel:
I see....

So the rich have fewer rights because they are rich, eh? Wow, some "equality under the law" fan you are. This is why I generally roll my eyes at Europeans or Expatriates talking about equality and freedom. They don't know what the real stuff is. You don't want real equality where it matters, you want equality of results or what I call "Mommy mommy! he got a bigger slice of the pie!" equality; where an outside absolutist politic forces everyone else to get the same slice of pie from what remains.

It's also clear that you hope to BE mommy one day who is never questioned on how big of a slice of the pie SHE took before splitting up the two slivers very equally between the complaining kids. Nor are the children clever enough to realize how cheated they were being while mommy gorges on the other 90% of the pie. This is the problem with government when it is not challenged and forced to justify it's portion every single time.

For so long will people put up being cheated by those that fashion themselves as their 'betters'. The poor are no better than the rich, nor are the rich better than the poor. Economic circumstances change only in the options and choices they have in their ability to live their lives. But in America, we have no caste or class system. One person can jump easily from one striation to the next and no one can stop them.

So when you hear the complaint of the class warriors poor to the government akin to "Mommy Mommy, he has a bigger slice of the pie!" The answer should be, "Well, Billy, Tommy worked for the money and BOUGHT his own pie. Maybe you should do the same and you can buy a pie too."

We are a nation founded on the concept of a meritocracy brought by treating everyone by the same rules. Regardless of your circumstances when you are born (rich, poor, ill, healthy, man, woman, black, white or chartreuse) you have the freedom to work and make the best life you can. No results are guaranteed. No warranties expressed or given. That is what it's supposed to be to the best of our abilities as a free, imperfect people.

What it HAS become has been a cesspool of mixing freedom and opportunistic special privilege and rights based on circumstances, because certain people, with holes of envy in their jealous green hearts, cannot stand the pain of either working hard to earn what they get; nor will they tolerate someone making the most of what they started with to become a success greater than them. At the same time, you have people who were fortunate to have been born with everything, or those who have worked hard and earned every bit of power they have, abusing it and forgetting they are no better than others, corrupting the system to make sure no one can follow. All this must end some day, and may it be soon.

Otherwise, freedom, merit and opportunity is truly reduced to nothing more than a random lottery based on what you are, not what you can work to be.

51% don't pay income tax. And of that 51% A large majority of it get MORE back than they pay in. This shit must end, and those of you praising this as 'compassion' need to grow up and realize how much pie Mommy's gorging on before you get your pitiful little sliver.

Last edited:

Get up and go feed yourself. You don't work? you don't eat.

If you think trying to raise taxes on just the wealthy is difficult,

try raising taxes on just the not-wealthy.

Sorry conservatives, and anyone else who hates it...

...you are stuck with this no-tax half of the American population. You wanted it, you got it.

Hell no,, the conservatives did not want it. It's not called a conservative tax system sistah,, it's called a Progressive tax system. We conservatives want a fair and flat tax. You guys want unfair.

Who here wants to give up your child tax credit?

Who here wants to give up your earned income tax credit?

Who here wants to have their bottom marginal rate raised?

That's how you'd fix this 'problem'.

In fact, letting the Bush tax cuts expire would have put tens of thousands back to paying taxes.
I'd be willing to give up all of those for paying only 10%.

In the end, I still come out ahead, because less money overall is withheld, and more of my money stays with me throughout the year.

I wonder how much freedom and liberty concerns those with an empty stomach, or those ill and in constant pain. The argument that someone whose income (and I expressly used the word income, not earned, because many of the wealthiest Americans inhertited great wealth, they didn't earn it) is above the median in America today is deprived of freedom because they pay income tax is ridiculous.

The argument for a flat or fair tax is foolish. There is nothing fair about someone working at Wal-Mart - a company inherited by siblings who are in the top 1% paying the same percentage of income tax as one of their 'assoiciates' - is laughable and stupid.

Those who suggest such a plan is beneficial to anyone, including the Wal-Mart owners, hasn't considered the consequences of and reality of the global economy. It is self evident that allowing the smallest percentage of Americans to own and control the greatest amount of wealth is a dead end propostion.

I won't explain why again, the willfully ignorant who're advocating such a plan - a flat tax - as fair and appropriate are simply echoing the propaganda of the plutocrats. An average brain critically thinking can easily see the consequences. Economic slavery should not be a part of the American dream.

Get up and go feed yourself. You don't work? you don't eat.

I like the way you think.

2) Active military.

That's it.

If you made an income, absolutely.
If you can't feed your kids then you shouldn't have had any.
I have ZERO sympathy for a single mother who has 4 kids by 3-4 different sperm donors. In fact...she should have to pay a higher rate of taxes since the rest of us are paying for the lion share of her kids food/healthcare/education.
The new goal of CON$ervatism, only the rich can have children.
But the poor can't abort their fetuses. So the children of the poor will be taken away from them to work as foster children for Moochele Bachmann who gets paid from the government for them.

Forum List

Back