Fixing Tax Loopholes, 51% of Americans Pay NO Incomes Taxes

Google

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2011
The Tax Foundation - Number of Americans Outside the Income Tax System Continues to Grow

Report after report has shown a growing majority, conservatively at 40%, of American workers pay no income tax, ZERO. Meanwhile the top 10% of American income earners fund 70% of total federal income taxes.

Where is the shared sacrifice?

If those who are paying zero income tax were to contribute 'their fair share' perhaps it would solve this current financial situation--for a few months at least. But it isn't politically expedient to go after people who don't pay taxes.

This is a result of tax credits, loopholes if you will, that allow median income earners to pay virtually nothing in income tax. Obama is all for inciting a mob against the evil rich who are currently funding this unsustainable spending spree that has intensified more under the short two years, though it seems much longer, of Obama's presidency than it has under any other administration.

Record monthly deficit spending was reached back in March and has continued at $200 billion a month. The US Federal Government spends $200 billion more a month than it takes in revenue, and Obama wants everyone to believe the problem is the rich aren't paying their fair share :eusa_liar:.

But we're told that cutting deficit spending will damage the economy. That is the justification for this absurd situation: fixing it will hurt the economy; as if continuing in this manner is going to have anything but an apocalyptic outcome :evil:.

Americans have become desensitized to the constant cries of crisis that Obama has used to achieve the entirety of his legislative agenda, it isn't working anymore.

Last edited:
hell, just making sure nobody gets paid back MORE than they paid in out of that bottom 51% would be a good start. Second Christmas needs to end.

hell, just making sure nobody gets paid back MORE than they paid in out of that bottom 51% would be a good start. Second Christmas needs to end.

I worked as a courier for three years and was paid on commission as an independent contractor and had no taxes taken out, NONE. I, being the irresponsible person I am, didn't file for four years. I was really scared and knew that I was going to owe something, I wasn't getting rich by no means but I didn't pay anything.

Not only did I not owe I got a few hundred dollars back, thank you H&R Block.

I know for a fact that a majority of people don't pay taxes.

I almost started a thread about this because its so funny.

Half of Americans pay no federal income taxes, conservatives have picked up on this and are outraged (ironically)

and, more ironcially, that can't be changed because the Republicans have signed a pledge not to raise ANY taxes ANY time for ANY reason.

The Tax Foundation - Number of Americans Outside the Income Tax System Continues to Grow

Report after report has shown a growing majority, conservatively at 40%, of American workers pay no income tax, ZERO. Meanwhile the top 10% of American income earners fund 70% of total federal income taxes.

If those who are paying zero income tax were to contribute 'their fair share' perhaps it would solve this current financial situation--for a few months at least. But it isn't politically expedient to go after people who don't pay taxes.

This is a result of tax credits, loopholes if you will, that allow median income earners to pay virtually nothing in income tax. Obama is all for inciting a mob against the evil rich who are currently funding this unsustainable spending spree that has intensified more under the short two years, though it seems much longer, of Obama's presidency than it has under any other administration.

Record monthly deficit spending was reached back in March and has continued at $200 billion a month. The US Federal Government spends $200 billion more a month than it takes in revenue, and Obama wants everyone to believe the problem is the rich aren't paying their fair share :eusa_liar:.

But we're told that cutting deficit spending will damage the economy. That is the justification for this absurd situation: fixing it will hurt the economy; as if continuing in this manner is going to have anything but an apocalyptic outcome :evil:.

Americans have become desensitized to the constant cries of crisis that Obama has used to achieve the entirety of his legislative agenda, it isn't working anymore.

I am 58 years old--and have paid federal income tax ALL OF MY LIFE. When I was 19 years old--I worked at a bank--making $2.25 per hour--and I paid FEDERAL INCOME TAX. I got married--opened up our own small business and paid FEDERAL INCOME TAX.

Why in the HELL--anyone gets out of paying federal income tax--regardless of their income--is beyond me.

In fact--the "earned income tax credit"--where one doesn't pay any federal federal income tax what-so-ever yet- still-gets a government check amounting to $1000.00 is beyond rational comprehension. Who in the Freak came up with that one? We the taxpayers of this country give them a CHECK--because these losers made a $600.00 dollars during the year?

Last edited:
Isn't that sad and ironic? Lefties preach about making people pay "their fair share", but, they target those that overwhelmingly pay higher rates and higher net amounts in taxes. Those who, technically, are taxed unfairly by paying so insanely much more, are somehow not "paying their fair share".

God damn I hate liberals. Luckily, though, they can't affect how happy my life is when I'm not reading their dribble on here.

I am 58 years old--and have paid federal income tax ALL OF MY LIFE. When I was 19 years old--I worked at a bank--making $2.25 per hour--and I paid FEDERAL INCOME TAX. I got married--opened up our own small business and paid FEDERAL INCOME TAX.

Why in the HELL--anyone gets out of paying federal income tax--regardless of their income--is beyond me.

In fact--the "earned income tax credit"--where one doesn't pay any federal federal income tax what-so-ever yet- still-gets a government check amounting to $1000.00 is beyond rational comprehension. Who in the Freak came up with that one? We the taxpayers of this country give them a CHECK--because these losers made a BUCK.

I really think that this is the argument the Republicans need to use to counter the class envy rhetoric Obama is employing.

I think the majority of Americans agree with your sentiment, hell I know I do. I didn't believe it was right when I got money back after I hadn't paid any taxes, but I took it.

The whole shared sacrifice thing is something Americans do believe, and a lot of Americans know deep down that they aren't giving their fair share.

Last edited:

In fact--the "earned income tax credit"--where one doesn't pay any federal federal income tax what-so-ever yet- still-gets a government check amounting to $1000.00 is beyond rational comprehension. Who in the Freak came up with that one? We the taxpayers of this country give them a CHECK--because these losers made a $600.00 dollars during the year?

it is a reward for not aborting their children ;)

I almost started a thread about this because its so funny.

Half of Americans pay no federal income taxes, conservatives have picked up on this and are outraged (ironically)

and, more ironcially, that can't be changed because the Republicans have signed a pledge not to raise ANY taxes ANY time for ANY reason.
It's not raising taxes as much as ending grants if all you do is give them back what they paid in. It's a start.

Of course the best way is to go to a 10% or so flat tax with no exemptions, and move election days to tax days so they always associate taxes with who they vote for. You'd increase revenue and end so much social engineering bullshit.

Isn't that sad and ironic? Lefties preach about making people pay "their fair share", but, they target those that overwhelmingly pay higher rates and higher net amounts in taxes. Those who, technically, are taxed unfairly by paying so insanely much more, are somehow not "paying their fair share".

God damn I hate liberals. Luckily, though, they can't affect how happy my life is when I'm not reading their dribble on here.

That is the difference between conservatives and liberals: conservative's happiness isn't determined by someone else's wealth or opinions. Liberals aren't happy knowing that others are more successful.

That is the difference between conservatives and liberals: conservative's happiness isn't determined by someone else's wealth or opinions. Liberals aren't happy knowing that others are more successful.

Liberals are more concerned with how to distribute the eggs that the Golden Goose lays--and conservatives are more concerned with the HEALTH of the Golden Goose.

Well this bird has been plucked clean--and this administration has got the pot boiling.

Thats a major difference. I don't let liberal morons make me unhappy. I watch a lot of different news outlets, and Fox/MSNBC a lot. Especially the 730pm-930pm times because I'm relaxing then. The contrast in attitudes is so dramatic. Fox's people are so much more upbeat, even if debating strongly, but they include a lot more stuff that's just...more positive. MSNBC is just 24 hour bitterness. Liberals in general are just overall such bitter people. I don't get it.

What hateful pubcrappe you dupes parrot-...

A. They DO pay the same percentage as the rich in taxes, payroll taxes, and fees. And this BS also includes the EITC, etc. the poor schnucks have to get to survive.Payroll taxes just passed income taxes in revenue...think about that...
B. Liberals have compassion for their fellow man and are not going to hell like you a-holes- and they like to contribute. Ignorance and being sorely misled are no excuse...:eusa_angel:

Thats a major difference. I don't let liberal morons make me unhappy. I watch a lot of different news outlets, and Fox/MSNBC a lot. Especially the 730pm-930pm times because I'm relaxing then. The contrast in attitudes is so dramatic. Fox's people are so much more upbeat, even if debating strongly, but they include a lot more stuff that's just...more positive. MSNBC is just 24 hour bitterness. Liberals in general are just overall such bitter people. I don't get it.

I think MSNBC has given Al Sharpton a show, and it is god awful. Last time I watched he has his 'power panel' which consists of one conservative and two, three counting Big Perm, liberals. Yet it is Fox News that is biased.

And they are dumbfounded at why Fox News continues to dominate, no one close, in the ratings :lol:

Hey--you've got a HARD row to tow here. The left wing media in this country is very STRONG. Most Americans who VOTE--are not like us. They don't pay attention to what is going on in this country--they could give a crap--and only listen to 30 second political advertisements close to election season--which break up "Dancing with the stars" type shows.

Many couldn't even tell you-- right now--who the Vice President of the United States is--but they always manage to make into a voting booth every 4 years.

$media bias.gif

"And they are dumbfounded at why Fox News continues to dominate, no one close, in the ratings "

You moron, Foxbot (20%) whackos can't get that BS anywhere else...say hello to Murdoch when you get to Hell...:lol:

What's even more IRONIC is it was the Bush Tax Cuts that doubled the number of people paying no income taxes to 47% and the assholes who bitch about it the most are the ones who want to make them paying no income taxes permanent by making the Bush tax cuts permanent!!! :asshole:

Forum List

Back