Fixing Tax Loopholes, 51% of Americans Pay NO Incomes Taxes

Reagan the two Bushes lowered taxes for the rich. They transferred trillions of dollars of wealth to the rich, and now they want the middle class taxpayer to pay for it with cuts to Social Security and Medicare.

Taking from the old and sick and giving to the rich.

The Republican Party is Robin Hood in reverse.

Bush Sr raised taxes, dipstick.

Lowering taxes doesn't not transfer wealth to the rich. It reduces the amount transfered to tics on the ass of society like you.

I don't have a big problem with "lower" tax rates for the rich, since even at a lower rate, they still pay a higher percentage if they're an employee. However since the wealthiest are almost never employees, their net tax liability is often lower than those making $100K. But I digress.
I do have a problem with corporations - especially corporations that are not 100% American employees and do not pay their taxes 100% in America getting, as Reagan called it, "Help from the government". Which they do.

Isn't that sad and ironic? Lefties preach about making people pay "their fair share", but, they target those that overwhelmingly pay higher rates and higher net amounts in taxes. Those who, technically, are taxed unfairly by paying so insanely much more, are somehow not "paying their fair share".

God damn I hate liberals. Luckily, though, they can't affect how happy my life is when I'm not reading their dribble on here.

That is the difference between conservatives and liberals: conservative's happiness isn't determined by someone else's wealth or opinions. Liberals aren't happy knowing that others are more successful.

What a bunch of shit. fuck you... fuck you very much

If you earn income in the United States yes, you should pay Federal Income Taxes. If you have no income then NO you would be NOT liable to pay INCOME tax,, but neither should you receive a rebate on the ZERO you pay.

No working person should have trouble feeding their kids and having decent housing.

This is the richest nation in the world. There is absolutely no excuse for poverty of any kind.

Be that as it may, that does not give your gang the right to steal , loot and plunder.

If you don't want to be poor then go out there and WORK FOR A LIVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh.... I do asshole... and so do 90% of the people in this country. I get so fucking sick of people doing this.... Because we all aren't Business moguls and some of us actually have to physically bust ass all day... you think Blue Collar workers deserve what they get... That they shouldn't complain when they barely make enough to keep a RENTED roof over their heads and keep their kids fed. In other words.... If you don't have the brains to go to College, or be a natural businessman... you ain't shit.

Then they have the NERVE to call liberals "elitists".

It's people like YOU that destroyed this country... all hail the mighty conglomerate... please... don't leave us... here... we'll sacrifice another 100,000 good paying factory jobs so you can have higher profit margins in China.

You assholes are pathetic... and you know what? Money is a false God...and you guys worship it with the fervor of an evangelist. Seriously.... your ideology probably kills more people than abortion does every year. People in this country... without food... die... people in this country....without Health Insurance... die... they die every year... but because it's not on your little hit list like Abortion and Gays, you don't give a shit.

You are the most pious and self righteous people I have ever come across. You point the finger at "everyone elses" sins... but won't point it at yourselves.

Fuck it.... I gotta go to WORK now.... I earn my keep in this world... Unlike some Unemployed Conservatives I know.....they complain about people "Living off the taxpayers' sweat".... but they are doing the exact same thing...hypocrites.

I don't have a big problem with "lower" tax rates for the rich, since even at a lower rate, they still pay a higher percentage if they're an employee. However since the wealthiest are almost never employees, their net tax liability is often lower than those making $100K. But I digress.
I do have a problem with corporations - especially corporations that are not 100% American employees and do not pay their taxes 100% in America getting, as Reagan called it, "Help from the government". Which they do.

This is not what Congress is currently considering. You're lumping all corporations together. I own a S corporation, you know, the ones that are the backbone of the American economy?

Actually, the poster to whom I was replying, stated his opinion quite clearly: All taxes are stealing. There is no difference between someone stealing your car and the government taxing you for any purpose whatsoever.

So I wasn't using a strawman, I as replying directly to the statement made.

We people? You callin me a nidder, honkey!?!?!? (J/K) But who are the "you people" you are grouping me in with?

I don't dispute your basic functions of government but I would venture a guess we might differ on how we define them. Which is cool by me. One of the wonderful things about Free Speech is we can say what we want.

Actually it WAS a strawman. The OP states,"Fixing Tax loopholes, 51% of Americans pay no INCOME TAXES".

Even in your first post of this thread at #708 you made this statement, "We need to increase revenues. We need to increase taxes and not just on the rich. Hell, I'd probably go all the way down to $100K and just add two percent from there up."

You restated this in post #766.

Free speech does allow you to say what you want. It also allows us to shread your worthless speech by showing your dishonesty and fiction based responses.

Your a left wing loon.

Let's see if I understand your logic.

By the time I expressed a few of my thoughts, the matter had been discussed quite a bit.
Now maybe you'r new to this whole "internet thing" but sometimes there will be an OP and it will, well, just go off in all kinds of darned directions. Perhaps you'd like the government to come in and make sure that no one diverts?
So in any case, by the time I got here, lots of stuff had been discussed including cutting costs, raising taxes, flat taxes, UFO's and monkey butts.
So I wrote my opinion. Apparently, this has um, upset you.
Then I responded to a gentleman who said that ALL taxes were stealing. This also upset you.
Finally I aknowledged that you had a valid point and that even then, our views might differ.
This upset you.
You're really quite emotional, aren't you?
Would you prefer to just tell me the opinion you'd like me to give?
In the meantime, those of us who can reasonably, civilly and intelligently discuss topics - (even with those of differing opinions!) will do so. That is Free Speech and I rather enjoy it.
You may now continue to express your highly intelligent points about um, well, ah yes. Why I am a "Left Wing Loon".

No, the logic was straightforward. You clearly knew the subject at hand and even commented on it several times early in your posting. When cornered in a lie, you wrapped it in another lie and got caught again. An apology is worthless, if you are just going to continue the dishonesty.

Oh.... I do asshole... and so do 90% of the people in this country. I get so fucking sick of people doing this.... Because we all aren't Business moguls and some of us actually have to physically bust ass all day... you think Blue Collar workers deserve what they get... That they shouldn't complain when they barely make enough to keep a RENTED roof over their heads and keep their kids fed. In other words.... If you don't have the brains to go to College, or be a natural businessman... you ain't shit.

Then they have the NERVE to call liberals "elitists".

It's people like YOU that destroyed this country... all hail the mighty conglomerate... please... don't leave us... here... we'll sacrifice another 100,000 good paying factory jobs so you can have higher profit margins in China.

You assholes are pathetic... and you know what? Money is a false God...and you guys worship it with the fervor of an evangelist. Seriously.... your ideology probably kills more people than abortion does every year. People in this country... without food... die... people in this country....without Health Insurance... die... they die every year... but because it's not on your little hit list like Abortion and Gays, you don't give a shit.

You are the most pious and self righteous people I have ever come across. You point the finger at "everyone elses" sins... but won't point it at yourselves.

Fuck it.... I gotta go to WORK now.... I earn my keep in this world... Unlike some Unemployed Conservatives I know.....they complain about people "Living off the taxpayers' sweat".... but they are doing the exact same thing...hypocrites.

90% of Americans do not go to work. Its much closer to 50% when you consider children, retirees and the unemployed. We are not worshiping money. We are not covetous of what our neighbors have earned, unlike you. It was your mentality that decided more Americans should own a home, even if they didn't have the means to pay for it. See where that got us? Everything in this world has to earn it keep. Ever heard of a cat soup kitchen run by cats? Bringing others down to your level never makes things better. Make sure to tell the boss how oppressed you are today.

Isn't that sad and ironic? Lefties preach about making people pay "their fair share", but, they target those that overwhelmingly pay higher rates and higher net amounts in taxes. Those who, technically, are taxed unfairly by paying so insanely much more, are somehow not "paying their fair share".

God damn I hate liberals. Luckily, though, they can't affect how happy my life is when I'm not reading their dribble on here.

That is the difference between conservatives and liberals: conservative's happiness isn't determined by someone else's wealth or opinions. Liberals aren't happy knowing that others are more successful.

What a bunch of shit. fuck you... fuck you very much
Ya hit a nerve there Google. Hit it real hard. Damn that truth-hammer! ;)

You want more Americans to pay more taxes, you need to set up an economy where more American make more money.

That's pretty much the ONLY solution to THAT problem.

I don't think we should be setting up an economy. We have one, a good one that goes in cycles. The problem usually is government trying to alter the cycle and causing worse dips through artifical manipulations.

Reagan the two Bushes lowered taxes for the rich. They transferred trillions of dollars of wealth to the rich, and now they want the middle class taxpayer to pay for it with cuts to Social Security and Medicare.

Taking from the old and sick and giving to the rich.

The Republican Party is Robin Hood in reverse.

What the hell are you talking about?

Tax cuts isn't transfer of wealth, taxes are. There have been plenty of honest leftist politicians admit this, hell Obama in his moments of honesty does too.

The middle class taxpayer in many instances isn't paying any taxes at all. No one is buying this president's Jimmy Carter-like 'we all must eat the excrement sandwich' shared sacrifice BS.

The middle-class saved money from the Bush tax cuts, and anyone that files a tax return and makes more than $50,000/year knows that.

You have demonstrated the unbelievable stupidity of the left perfectly, thank you.

Fixing Tax Loopholes, 51% of Americans Pay NO Incomes Taxes

That's a tax loophole you too can easily enjoy.

Just don't make much money and learn to live with less.

That's how those damned POOR that you so obviously hate do it.

What the hell are you talking about? If someone isn't making money of course they aren't going to pay income taxes. Do you believe that half, 50%, of all American workers that file income taxes are poor? Judging from your posts, I'd say yes you are that stupid. You are probably one of those morons that say things like 'thousands of people die of starvation every year in America'.

"In recent years, credits for low- and middle-income families have grown so much that a family of four making as much as $50,000 will owe no federal income tax for 2009, as long as there are two children younger than 17, according to a separate analysis by the consulting firm Deloitte Tax." Nearly half of US households escape fed income tax - Yahoo! Finance

Is $50,000 a year poor to you? If it is then you must have a luxurious life.

"The result is a tax system that exempts almost half the country from paying for programs that benefit everyone, including national defense, public safety, infrastructure and education. It is a system in which the top 10 percent of earners -- households making an average of $366,400 in 2006 -- paid about 73 percent of the income taxes collected by the federal government." Nearly half of US households escape fed income tax - Yahoo! Finance

Again, try to focus here, WHERE IS THE SHARED SACRIFICE!? Why is it Obama only wants some people to eat his excrement sandwich?

The bottom 40 percent, on average, make a profit from the federal income tax, meaning they get more money in tax credits than they would otherwise owe in taxes. For those people, the government sends them a payment." Nearly half of US households escape fed income tax - Yahoo! Finance

You obviously have nothing more than envy and jealousy motivated hate and ignorance, because you are unable to address any of the valid factual points of the OP.

You want more Americans to pay more taxes, you need to set up an economy where more American make more money.

That's pretty much the ONLY solution to THAT problem.

We have set up an economy where more Americans make more money. But those Americans happen to be the most wealthy Americans.

03economix-leonhardt-chart1-blog480.jpg

Look at that. The top 1%, even at the nadir of this Depression, experienced a 1.75-factor increase in real income since 1980, whereas for the median American, it was only about 1.2.

Wealthier Americans are making more money, and the request is that they are taxed more in proportion to the median, but actually less in proportion than the difference between their increase in wealth and the median increase in wealth. That way we can balance both fairness and liberty interests in a suitable left-right compromise.

Last edited:
We have set up an economy where more Americans make more money. But those Americans happen to be the most wealthy Americans.

Look at that. The top 1%, even at the nadir of this Depression, experienced a 1.75-factor increase in real income since 1980, whereas for the median American, it was only about 1.2.

Wealthier Americans are making more money, and the request is that they are taxed more in proportion to the median, but actually less in proportion than the difference between their increase in wealth and the median increase in wealth. That way we can balance both fairness and liberty interests in a suitable left-right compromise.

Really? The chart shows me EVERYONE"S median income went up.

Care to explain the big dip in 2008 to the present?

Note middle income folks actually have the largest percentage increase for the entire chart.

Note middle income folks actually have the largest percentage increase for the entire chart.

That's an easy one. The inherent truth of liberalism. Any statement that supports a liberal objective is truth.

That's an easy one. The inherent truth of liberalism. Any statement that supports a liberal objective is truth.

Yes, everyone's median income went up. Hence my statement that:

The top 1%, even at the nadir of this Depression, experienced a 1.75-factor increase in real income since 1980, whereas for the median American, it was only about 1.2.

Look at the chart again. The median color is an off-grey cyan color. It is the bottom line among the four on the chart.

Are there any other reading comprehension issues with my post we should tackle?

How about the assumption that I'm a liberal. Discard it. I am not.

Last edited:
The arguement from Republicans is fixing loopholes and letting the Bush tax cuts go will hurt the economy, because corporations profits will hurt. That flys directly in the face of recent economic news. Corporation are seeing record profits, but they are not creating the jobs.

So Pat Buchannon will have to come up with another arguement. The old tired one that he has been using ain't working anymore. Face it, the Republicans only want to see the wealthy succeed. If they had their way, only the wealthy would vote.

A boom in corp. profits, a bust in jobs, wages

WASHINGTON - Strong second-quarter earnings from McDonald's, General Electric and Caterpillar on Friday are just the latest proof that booming profits have allowed corporate America to leave the Great Recession far behind.

But millions of ordinary Americans are stranded in a labor market that looks like it's still in recession. Unemployment is stuck at 9.2 percent, two years into what economists call a recovery. Job growth has been slow and wages stagnant.

Read more: A boom in corp. profits, a bust in jobs, wages

The arguement from Republicans is fixing loopholes and letting the Bush tax cuts go will hurt the economy, because corporations profits will hurt. That flys directly in the face of recent economic news. Corporation are seeing record profits, but they are not creating the jobs.

So Pat Buchannon will have to come up with another arguement. The old tired one that he has been using ain't working anymore. Face it, the Republicans only want to see the wealthy succeed. If they had their way, only the wealthy would vote.

A boom in corp. profits, a bust in jobs, wages

WASHINGTON - Strong second-quarter earnings from McDonald's, General Electric and Caterpillar on Friday are just the latest proof that booming profits have allowed corporate America to leave the Great Recession far behind.

But millions of ordinary Americans are stranded in a labor market that looks like it's still in recession. Unemployment is stuck at 9.2 percent, two years into what economists call a recovery. Job growth has been slow and wages stagnant.

Read more: A boom in corp. profits, a bust in jobs, wages
Two question:

1. Are these NET profits?

2. Did you ever consider the reason the profits are so high is they're waiting on reinvesting till after Obama and his idiot crew get thrown out and some adult economic policy gets in, and that is why profits are so high because it is not cut down by capital investment?

Nobody's going to invest in an unstable market and these morons are making a very unstable place right now.

i think sales taxes and consumption taxes are just stupid...why in the heck don't we abolish them all in the States that have them.....

How in the world does taxing what people buy, help anyone? It has to slow down the purchase of goods, less going towards the gdp of the nation if "things" are taxed.....? don't we want to sell more "things" to improve our economic position?>

the people spending their money buying "things" should be rewarded for contributing to the overall economic health of this nation and not punished, by taxing what they spend? No????

I don't have a problem with it on the state level. They have the authority to do that. Federal level? OPen to debate I guess.

Forum List

Back