Chocolate Chip Mint Ice Cream

Chocolate Eclair Pie

Peanut Butter Pie

1. Phở
2. Phở
3. Phở
4. Phở
5. Phở

I know what you mean. I can never get tired of it...

also

1. Homemade chicken and rice soup
2. Macaroni and cheese
3. This is bad, but I love instant Ramen (with an egg tossed in at last minute)
4. Fried chicken and mashed potatoes
5. Paella

1. Hot, strong coffee with heavy whipping cream.
2. Ben & Jerry's coffee & Heath bar crunch ice cream.
3. Pizza - just about any style.
4. Bacon & blue cheese burger & steak-cut fries.
5. Miller Genuine Draft - must be in a bottle and ice-cold.

-Joe

I know what you mean. I can never get tired of it...

also

1. Homemade chicken and rice soup
2. Macaroni and cheese
3. This is bad, but I love instant Ramen (with an egg tossed in at last minute)
4. Fried chicken and mashed potatoes
5. Paella

Mac & Cheese - you and my sweet wife!

What is 'Paella'?

-Joe

Mac & Cheese - you and my sweet wife!

What is 'Paella'?

-Joe

You sound just like my husband, except for he beer. I can drink him under the table! LOL!

Paella is one of the most heavenly seafood dishes, but it also has sausage and chicken.

It is a Spanish medley of clams, mussels, lobsters, shrimp, sausage and chicken cooked in a big pot with saffron rice. It sounds a bit like the southern low boil, doesn't it?

I have to make it because there aren't to many places that make it the way I like it. But making the rice not too soggy is the tricky part.

You sound just like my husband, except for he beer. I can drink him under the table! LOL!

Paella is one of the most heavenly seafood dishes, but it also has sausage and chicken.

It is a Spanish medley of clams, mussels, lobsters, shrimp, sausage and chicken cooked in a big pot with saffron rice. It sounds a bit like the southern low boil, doesn't it?

I have to make it because there aren't to many places that make it the way I like it. But making the rice not too soggy is the tricky part.

Sounds like a gumbo... As long as the sausage is not too spicy, I'm sure I would dig it... Yumm!

-Joe

Spotted Dick and custard

Faggots and Peas with onion gravy

Clootie dumpling with custard

Foi Gras with warm toast

Champ with Poached eggs

Roast turkey with mashed potatoes and home made gravy.

Potato chips

Homemade Chili

Broiled chickenwings with plenty of garlic.

Cheese, good French bread and greek olives (the wrinkled ones)

Roast turkey with mashed potatoes and home made gravy.

Potato chips

Homemade Chili

Broiled chickenwings with plenty of garlic.

Cheese, good French bread and greek olives (the wrinkled ones)

I bet you're really looking forward to Thanksgiving based on #1.

comfort foods:

meat loaf

egg noodles with cottage cheese and sugar

peanut butter and jelly on either a lightly toasted english muffin or scooped out lightly toasted bagel

hamburger and french fries

turkey on rye with lettuce/tomato

You know, you used to be able to buy that at Kiev on 2nd Ave and E. 7th Street in the East Village. ;)

It's actually a Russian thing, I think. But everyone I know whose grandparents came from Russia know what it is.

Borscht is a pretty good comfort food too.

Well, I like egg noodles, I like cottage cheese, and I like sugar....

JUST NOT ALL MIXED TOGETHER! :confused:

lol, I grew up in a Jewish neighborhood in Queens and on Long Island and that was eaten quite a lot (the noodles, cottage cheese & sugar)

and here is another I learned to love as a child

Bananas and Sour Cream with Sugar lol OMG it's like I died and went to heaven when I taste that taste....only it's really bad on the waist line!

as a child I also remember my parents taking me to the original Vincents in Little Italy. And that is where I discovered Fried Calamari with black hot sauce and hard bread with lemon. To this day it is my favorite food.

Mom always makes --on special occassions-- escargots with lots of garlic, lemon and butter.

My dear passed Aunt Evelyn, (one year ago she fell down the stairs and died. A sad way to go, doing laundry --I always feel that's how I'll end up too when I go down the basement stairs with those laundry buckets)....well, she used to make something we called Weeds. Which is essentially Savoy Cabbage Soup with Pepperoni and White Kidney beans. OMG that is the taste of life.

Then there's mom's Sauce
and Dad's deer meat stew
lamb chops....

I can go on and on.....food is life

I wanted to add this to my list.

I shied away from it for years and one day I opened my mind and my pallet and now, though I can't call it a comfort food, I will say I CRAVE it....

Sushi.

Yumm

Oh, I can't believe I forgot to say Vegetarian Chili!

I make it sooooooo good, spicy enough, but not too much to burn your mouth off.

And warm french bread right out of the oven, so the butter is melting as soon as you put it on (REAL butter of course...)

Add a salad (with dry blue cheese crumbles and a vingerette dressing) and

Oh baby, what a great meal!

- toast - just good bread, butter...maybe some strawberry or raspberry jam
- grilled cheese
- insalada caprese: tomato, basil, mozzarella salad with some good olive oil and balsamic vinegar
- hot chocolate with whipped cream
- a good salad with croutons and blue cheese

Forum List

Back