In Search Of The Favorite Beverage

Select Your Favorite's? The Bar Is Open!

• Beer - All Brands

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Bottled Water - All Brands

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Coke - All Varieties

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Dr. Pepper - All Varieties

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Mountain Dew - All Varieties

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pepsi - All Varieties

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Root Beer - All Brands

• Wine - All and/or Any

• 7-Up - All Varieties

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None of the Above

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
What, no bourbon? What kind of bar is this? :p

(I voted Dr. Pepper and Root Beer)

OK, I have a question for you A.S.

I read a lot, and in some of the books they have a "bourbon and branch water"

What the heck is branch water? Is it something southerners call plain water?

Thanks!

OK, I have a question for you A.S.

I read a lot, and in some of the books they have a "bourbon and branch water"

What the heck is branch water? Is it something southerners call plain water?

Thanks!

Never heard of it. I like my bourbon straight.

But yeah, according to wiki, you've pretty much got it right:

• Water from a stream (a term primarily used in the southern United States)
  • Addition of plain water rather than soda water to a mixed drink (for example, "Bourbon and branch" refers to Bourbon whiskey with plain water)
  • When a whisky is ‘cut’ (i.e. watered down) prior to bottling, the water that is used is very important to the final product. The preferred source of water is called ’branch water’. Branch water comes directly from the stream that the distillery is built on...

Never heard of it. I like my bourbon straight.

But yeah, according to wiki, you've pretty much got it right:

• Water from a stream (a term primarily used in the southern United States)
  • Addition of plain water rather than soda water to a mixed drink (for example, "Bourbon and branch" refers to Bourbon whiskey with plain water)
  • When a whisky is ‘cut’ (i.e. watered down) prior to bottling, the water that is used is very important to the final product. The preferred source of water is called ’branch water’. Branch water comes directly from the stream that the distillery is built on...

Why thank you! That was interesting, and now I know! :cool:

Overwhelmingly, mostly I drink coffee.

As far as beverages alcoholic? beer is king

I like fruit drinks and tomato juice more than soda, although I'm drinking more soda now because it's so much cheaper than fruit drinks.

Those choices all suck. What happened to Long Islands, Southern & 7's, etc? If you're going to waste time in a bar, then DRINK something.

Overwhelmingly, mostly I drink coffee.

As far as beverages alcoholic? beer is king

I like fruit drinks and tomato juice more than soda, although I'm drinking more soda now because it's so much cheaper than fruit drinks.

editec, have you been on the thread that tells how much sugar is in soda and fruit juice yet?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/health-and-lifestyle/51629-one-can-of-soda-per-day.html

I do love V8.

(Add some Stoli and a dash of hot sauce to the V8 and you have yourself a fun little drink! ;) }

Last edited:

Just out of curiousity, why are you changing my text when you quote me? Every word of my post has been changed to capital letters, except for the first word of the sentence.. What gives?

Just out of curiousity, why are you changing my text when you quote me? Every word of my post has been changed to capital letters, except for the first word of the sentence.. What gives?

I didn't change a thing, I just hit "quote" in your post and added my "and tip!"

Really.. Interesting that the second quote is exactly as typed...

Yeah, it must be a great mystery of life that people will spend years pondering on...........

I don't even notice stuff like that, I just read & post, or read and move on.

Now, why this matters is because_______________?

Last edited:
Yeah, it must be a great mystery of life that people will spend years pondering on...........

Because all this is REAL dammit. These are my words--don't fuck with them--if fact you dont' even have my permission to quote me ! :D

...because it's impolite (not to mention just plain wrong) to change people's text while quoting them.

However, if you can get the board owner to say there is just such a glitch, that only affects that one line of text, and that he's working on fixing it, I'll happily apologize for accusing you of changing said text.

...because it's impolite (not to mention just plain wrong) to change people's text while quoting them.

However, if you can get the board owner to say there is just such a glitch, that only affects that one line of text, and that he's working on fixing it, I'll happily apologize for accusing you of changing said text.

I don't know ... I think maybe there is another glitch in the board? I have tried posting 2 polls (same thing) within the last couple of hours and neither of them worked. I have sent a request to have both of them deleted .. I hope so ... because they look :cuckoo:

Shattered, you have my permission to do just that. I didn't do a damn thing to your text, and the fact that I'm even discussing this with you is funny, and yet sad too.

What does it say about us that this poll has had more votes than all past polls put together? That is probably an exaggeration, but not much of one.

I think it says that at least 50 percent of the posters here ("other" voters) are dipsots!

Forum List

Back