First smokers now squirrels!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Luissa, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Luissa

Luissa Annoying Customer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,664
    RUSH: For you animal rights activists and lovers out there, I want you to try this on for size. This is a story from Spokane, Washington. They're having a problem with too many ground squirrels at the Finch Arboretum. I've never seen this word. A-r-b-o-r-e-t-u-m, what the hell is an arboretum? The name for a park, is that what it is? The Finch Arboretum. Okay. So the Parks and Recreation Department is going to use a special machine to blow up some of the 100 to 150 rodents that are tearing up the grounds of the Finch Arboretum. The machine is called the Rodenator Pro, and it "pumps propane and oxygen into the tunnels of squirrels, then sends an electric spark that causes an explosion. The shock waves kill the squirrels and collapse their tunnels." The Parks Department says that the Rodenator Pro is a humane way to kill the squirrels, but it warns area residents the explosions do sound like shotguns. Do not be alarmed by them, as they're going to be happening all week. RushLimbaugh.com Home

The agency is using a special machine called the Rodenator Pro to detonate some of the estimated 100 to 150 squirrels tearing up the grounds.

Shades of Carl Spackler, the gopher-hating groundskeeper from "Caddyshack" http://www.komonews.com/news/local/42916587.html

They don't want smokers and squirrels in the parks now, I wonder who is next chilren. lmao

Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
  2. Luissa

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,664
    I would also like to ad you are not allowed to feed the ducks at RIverfront Park here and at Manito Park, which has a duck pond. They have also been trying to get rid of the marmots at Riverfront for a couple years now also.

3. Anguille

Anguille Bane of the Urbane

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,137
    That is a cruel way to kill of the ground squirrels. What if they don't die in the explosion and are buried alive?

Instead they should train them to dig pits under smokers to help capture them.

4. KittenKoder

KittenKoder Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,714
    Damn, I thought Seattle was getting bad ... looks like our whole state has lost it Luissa ... LOL

Sorry, gotta laugh at it, it's the only way I can understand the utter insanity. They talked about something like that on the UW canvas, luckily the students were at least too soft in the heart to let them so it was dropped almost as fast as they brought it up.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Luissa

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,664
    They are to conservative here on the east side. People just let them do this crap.

6. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,829
    Squirrels are a vector for the plague, after all.

7. Luissa

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,664
    when squirrels let humans anywhere near them I will get scared.

8. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,829
    I think it's cruel and stupid, too, Luissa...but this is what happens when busybodies want the government to protect them from life.

9. WorldAHope

WorldAHope Ready to Rock n' Roll

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45
    How about a hunting season to reduce the number of Canada geese that stay around the malls' and subdivisions' and parks' ponds all year round, breeding like crazy and leaving a thick layer of droppings everywhere they go and being NASTY.
    "A Goose for Every Pot"

10. WorldAHope

WorldAHope Ready to Rock n' Roll

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45
    The ground squirrels (gophers) are well organized and they are militant. Mere propane explosions will
    simply piss them off.
    [​IMG]
    Be prepared for retaliation. [​IMG]
    They are well funded by a widespread grass roots ground campaign - They sponsor a football team,
    [​IMG]
    and have hired exPres. Bush to be a spokesmodel. [​IMG]