First post debate poll is here and the winner was Ron DeSantis (29%) followed by Ramaswami (26%)

Conservative from Georgia

Diamond Member
Oct 24, 2018
Wow. This is a little surprising, but it is a scientific poll after all. Surveying people in a message board is not really a good method of weighing sympathies. Anyways, very good news for Ron DeSantis.
Link: https://www.washingtonpost.com/tablet/2023/08/24/au

The Washington Post, FiveThirtyEight and Ipsos conducted a poll before and after last night’s debate with potential Republican primary and caucus voters, including those who watched the debate.

And they thought Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis came out on top Wednesday night, with 29 percent of Republican voters who watched the debate saying he performed best. He was nearly matched by former pharmaceutical executive Vivek Ramaswamy, with 26 percent saying he performed best. The findings may be surprising because DeSantis generally stayed above the fray in a raucous debate, though Ramaswamy received and delivered lots of barbs.”

Hey, I suggested DeSantis, Vivek and Haley had the strongest showing even though Fox said they both failed badly. Not bad for a guy living in East Germany.

If that really is representative of how Republican voters saw that debate last night then the party is finished. It tells me that most Republican voters don't care about actual issues. Just the cult of personality.
The overall winner of last nights debate was Donald Trump. And he wasn't even there. Viv was all bluster and smoke. He knew how to play the MAGA crowd.
Nikki Haley won the stage...and put Viv in his place several times although I thought Christie's ChatGPT comparison of Viv was hysterical. :auiqs.jpg:
DeSantis wasn't even a factor. In fact, I believe you'll find that his campaign is pretty much done and over with after last night.

Hey, I suggested DeSantis, Vivek and Haley had the strongest showing even though Fox said they both failed badly. Not bad for a guy living in East Germany.
I had DeSantis winning. I didn't think Vivek did that well. So, I question the polling. I thought Haley really help herself a lot. Pence didn't help himself and the others were just kind of there. Christie was a liberal in sheepskins as usual. When you look at the negatives of each, they don't really line up with the positives except for DeSantis and Haley. I just thought Vivek looked like he was 18 instead of 38.

Last edited:
I had DeSantis winning. I didn't think Vivek did that well. So, I question the polling. I thought Haley really help herself a lot. Pence didn't help himself and the others were just kind of there. Christie was a liberal in sheepskins as usual. When you look at the negatives of each, they don't really line up with the positives except for DeSantis and Haley. I just thought Vivek looked like he was 18 instead of 38.
Yeah, he looks even younger than 38, which works against him.

Wow. This is a little surprising, but it is a scientific poll after all. Surveying people in a message board is not really a good method of weighing sympathies. Anyways, very good news for Ron DeSantis.

The Washington Post, FiveThirtyEight and Ipsos conducted a poll before and after last night’s debate with potential Republican primary and caucus voters, including those who watched the debate.

And they thought Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis came out on top Wednesday night, with 29 percent of Republican voters who watched the debate saying he performed best. He was nearly matched by former pharmaceutical executive Vivek Ramaswamy, with 26 percent saying he performed best. The findings may be surprising because DeSantis generally stayed above the fray in a raucous debate, though Ramaswamy received and delivered lots of barbs.”
🙄

Drudge

*DRUDGE POLL WHO WON FIRST REPUBLICAN DEBATE '24?​

• RAMASWAMY 34% (56,103 votes)

• HALEY 23% (38,228 votes)

• DESANTIS 18% (29,668 votes)

• CHRISTIE 16% (26,466 votes)

• PENCE 3% (5,731 votes)

• SCOTT 3% (4,708 votes)

• BURGUM 2% (3,918 votes)

• HUTCHINSON 1% (2,191 votes)

Nobody watched that sleepy clusterfuck. :laughing0301:

7wudiz.jpg

If that really is representative of how Republican voters saw that debate last night then the party is finished. It tells me that most Republican voters don't care about actual issues. Just the cult of personality.
The overall winner of last nights debate was Donald Trump. And he wasn't even there. Viv was all bluster and smoke. He knew how to play the MAGA crowd.
Nikki Haley won the stage...and put Viv in his place several times although I thought Christie's ChatGPT comparison of Viv was hysterical. :auiqs.jpg:
DeSantis wasn't even a factor. In fact, I believe you'll find that his campaign is pretty much done and over with after last night.
Dems are actually the party you describe.

Forum List

Back