First car?

article-2017721-0D1DEF0400000578-126_634x375.jpg

Just looking at this design there is no way to turn this vehicle. The front of the frame where the axle is mounted would have to be a two foot long slot to allow the entire front drum to rotate right or left.

Painful obtuse minutiae, brought to you by nerds everywhere. NERDS - when you don't need an explanation that will ruin a good joke, turn to NERDS.

There weren't no SS 396 Impala in '64. Maybe a 327. The ST 396 was a chevelle malibu, and it didn't come out until '69. Great car.

My first car was a Hillman Minx. It was brought back from England by a serviceman, and I bought it for $25. The first time I took it out for a long ride, the oil plug came out, destroying the engine for good. The "mechanic" that I had taken it to to change the oil said he couldn't get the plug off, but apparently he did.

1969 Falcon station wagon, with the 200 cubic-inch inline-6. A hand-me-down from my parents. It served me well for several years, and in the course of learning to keep it running, I learned a lot about basic automobile mechanics. Every young man ought to have a car like this one as his first car, in my opinion; alas, they no longer make such cars.

Alas, this picture was taken just before we towed it to the junkyard. “You wouldn't cry that much over me!”, my wife exclaimed. I guess there are some things that women just don't get.

Falcon_Bokeh.jpg

69 GTO.
Loved that car.
now I have a Jetta TDI and a GMC 3500 dually Diesel.
Love that truck now, but, alas I hit a 180lb deer with it two nights ago. Now it has to go in the body shop for lights, grill, bumper, front cowling. Im heart broken, Deer jumped out of the woods and I didnt even have time to hit the brakes, nailed it at 40mph, deer flew in the air, over a car coming the opposite direction and landed in the grass on the other side of the road. Other driver stopped too, said he soiled himself when he saw me hit the deer.
Truck is an 06, bought it new and up till now I have kept it looking new.

It was 1985, and I had my heart set on a beautiful blue '74 Mustang the neighbor down the street was selling for $2500.

ultimate_camper_shells_1965_mustang_fastback74.215215523_std.jpg

My stepdad had a buddy at work who was selling his red '77 Monte Carlo for $500.

1977_chevrolet_monte_carlo-pic-8593447032773093040.jpeg

I ended up with "The Tank"...a total gas hog.

Last 3 on the column was made in the mid-80's, in GM fullsize trucks. Latest one I have PERSONALLY seen was a 1985 GMC, base model with a six cylinder, manual brakes & steering, and radio delete; I suspect it was offered through at least 1986, and probably 87 (last year of that body style).

It was also offered in Ford vans until at least the early 80's.

Forum List

Back