First car?

88 Toyota 4x4. My dad bought it and I hated it
I started working when I was 14 so I bought my own at sixteen. 94 ford ranger splash
Which he was happy. He had another toy lol

'67 VW bug bought in 1977 from parents for $100. Thing ran great. Of course, those are made for teenagers who's waste size is proportionate to their age. You get a little stout and it is a tight fit.

033_zpsi1kh9fnl.jpg

~S~

63 Galaxy I bought for $125.00. Best car a teenager could ever have. Back seat big enough that a family of four could have stayed back there.

I really like the '62-63 Body Style. Fords AND Chevys.

Yep. My brother and brother in law had 64 Impala SS 396 that were twins. Cars today are much better, but they will never compare to the looks of those old cars.

My older brother was the car guy in the family, his first two cars were a '67 Camaro with a 454, and a 1969 Z28. As you can imagine I was nonstop 'can I borrow your Z28 to go' (pick a place). I did get to take it to San Francisco for a concert from central California, with the billing Buffalo Springfield, Dolly Parton, Linda Rondstadt, and the Beach Boys. The whole trip with friends was one of those movies. Too good. But I had my VW Bug, so, uh, wtf!

My first "car" was a 76 F100, 360 V8, 3 on the tree, no AC........
Built tough but drove like a car, I took that truck places 4 wheelers wouldn't go (Colorado), beat the hell out of it and it still kept going.

truck_pics_344.jpg

Finally traded it in 1980 for (of all things) a Chevy Luv, other than the aluminum head the Isuzu engine was awesome, the Chevy body on the other hand......... Went back to Ford with a 86 F150, 300 inline, 3 on the tree, loved that truck then a girl in a Camaro pulled across in front of me, nailed her back end at 45MPH driving her Camaro into another truck waiting to make a turn. That flat Camaro back end suddenly became vertical and sheared off her rear passenger side tire. When the cops were finished with the accident I pulled out my passenger side fender and completed the drive to work, unfortunately not only was the radiator punctured the frame had been bent so the insurance company totaled it.

Forum List

Back