First Amendment Violation! Utah city’s attempt to stop drag show gets a big no-no from the court

I wish we were in a different country, so it would be constitutional to force drag shows to be open to only a certain age range of people. But from court decisions like this one, it looks like the people seeking to restrict the shows are violating the constitution.

I think that….unless it is shown that these performers are having sex with children or showing their bare genitals, or touching the children’s privates, they’re not gonna be successful in court.

There has to be some sort of harm in children for the lawsuits to be successful ,and a man putting on a short skirt and a wig is not really something that reaches that level, as it is not even criminal in the presence of children.

I don't actually see how they are violating the Constitution. I know of nowhere in the Constitution where it says children should not be shielded from inappropriate conduct. Hell, movies have ratings on them and children of certain age groups aren't allowed to view certain movies. Same goes for many other things. I think drag shows featuring explicit sexual behavior should be outlawed in any venue where there could be children of certain ages.

Hell, in real life people get arrested for flashing children and yet drag shows are allowed to flash children or be sexually explicit because of the Constitution? The left aren't being honest if they claim these things are not happening during drag shows. They are. And, if fact, most of these laws against drag shows aren't really against drag shows, they are against exposing children to inappropriate behavior.

Last edited:
Does this mean I'm going to start seeing a bunch of teenage boys in the strip clubs as a first amendment right? It doesn't make sense to me that an age restriction would be a constitutional violation.
Are you talking
Does this mean I'm going to start seeing a bunch of teenage boys in the strip clubs as a first amendment right? It doesn't make sense to me that an age restriction would be a constitutional violation.
There’s nudity in strip clubs. Correct?

I don't actually see how they are violating the Constitution. I know of nowhere in the Constitution where it says children should not be shielded from inappropriate conduct.
The problem for your argument is that the constitution does not define “inappropriate conduct”. And since the founding fathers are not alive to resolve the issue, you have to convince a judge. And you didn’t convince this one.

I wish we were in a different country, so it would be constitutional to force drag shows to be open to only a certain age range of people. But from court decisions like this one, it looks like the people seeking to restrict the shows are violating the constitution.

I think that….unless it is shown that these performers are having sex with children or showing their bare genitals, or touching the children’s privates, they’re not gonna be successful in court.

There has to be some sort of harm in children for the lawsuits to be successful ,and a man putting on a short skirt and a wig is not really something that reaches that level, as it is not even criminal in the presence of children.

There are several specific limitations of "free speech" upheld by the Supreme Court. But Liberals and fake Conservatives pretend that the 1st Amendment is an excuse to do and say whatever they want. That is obviously WRONG. Look it up.

\
Of course, I consider myself superior to any dem.....It's not even close.

It also means that I'm not deranged.
No, what are you doing to stop all this child abuse out there? You are currently sitting on you computer doing nothing. There is apparently child abuse going on all around you, yet you sit and type and pretend you are superior. You are not, if what you say is true you are far worse then they/we are. You claim you "know" most of us do not believe you, so your responsibility is even greater. If you or I really belived what you are saying we would be out there doing something. If you know your neighbor is abusing children you have to do something. It does appear you are deranged after all.

What’s that? Where did it happen and what kind of audience was there. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are several specific limitations of "free speech" upheld by the Supreme Court. But Liberals and fake Conservatives pretend that the 1st Amendment is an excuse to do and say whatever they want. That is obviously WRONG. Look it up.
Did the Utah case judge state that everyone can do “anything they want”?

And this is why our country goes down the shitter. Because the left uses exact explicit wording of the law and will not deviate from it. And they have convinced even conservatives to do the exact same thing somehow, liberals get conservatives to agree with them through wording.

Like you say, well it's a first amendment right to not let the drag queens have their permit.

You say it and democrats say it by going strictly by wording and completely ignoring morals, values, and standards. That's why America is going down the shitter because we have abandoned morals, standards and values. So now it's "you can do or say whatever you want because it's your right".

Used to fag parades, drag queens doing whatever they do, teachers talking about gay sex to elementary school students, trannies demanding we lie for them, people on tv talking about how little kids can be trannies and such would NEVER be allowed anywhere. You'd be an outcast or your ass kicked or arrested for doing any of that because our country had morals, standards and values. But thanks to people like saying "well you can say or do any immoral shit you want because it's your right".

Now because of this mentality they are growing out of control. The world is not black and white, right or wrong. The world is almost entirely grey areas. So do they have the right to the first amendment? Yes, but they shouldn't be tolerated for the sake of society.

Does a guy have a first amendment right to run around yelling he wants to have sex with 2 year olds? Well technically yes because it's just speech, he isn't doing anything. But should we allow it"? Fuck no.

I don't believe you earned your ability to call yourself a conservative because you take a lot of wishy washy stances on things.

Forum List

Back