Firefox Vs Chrome! which is better?

jimmytazz

Rookie
Jan 25, 2011
when talk about browsers war, there are many things make you migrate to different and better browser, after arrival of Chrome many users migrate to it those using firefox..
but i still think and using Firefox , its fast, best for addons and plugins and stable..
what do u think? which is better?

I like Chrome. Fastest browser I've ever used.

I don't like the way FF handles right-clicking a link. "Open in new tab" should be the top choice, but it's buried. My wife uses FF and at one time had it loaded with lots of plug-ins. Slowed down her laptop something fierce.

I use Firefox a little, Chrome about half the time and IE8 half the time. Depends on what I am doing to determine which one I use. I like Chrome because it loads faster and with Hughes net being slow in the first place any improvement helps. Plus if I am having a problem with a site I can change browsers and see if it is the site or the browser causing trouble or Hughes net.

I'm trying to use Chrome but I'm so used to the FF layout I find it difficult. On Chrome I have to hunt for the features I have on FF that are visible and one click accessible. It's frustrating enough that I tend to close out Chrome and return to FF.

I have FF loaded with almost every plug in imaginable......works like a charm, no slow down for me at least on my 4 machines.

I like google but don't want give them every blessed thing on my boxes for god sakes.....and at the end of the day chrome is nice but not nice enough to make me eat drink and sleep google.

I run 4.2Ghz on 2 X RAID 0 SSD's.

It doesn't really matter what I run as far as speed goes, but I find FF much more user friendly. I think that Chrome is really a good browser for notebooks and slower machines, but FF is far more tweak-able and if one researches the tweaks available, they can have FF faster than Chrome in a notebook.

Click

Firefox. Chrome is only a shade faster, and most people, including me, cannot actually tell the difference.

I don't like the way FF handles right-clicking a link. "Open in new tab" should be the top choice, but it's buried. My wife uses FF and at one time had it loaded with lots of plug-ins. Slowed down her laptop something fierce.
Buried? It's the second option?

Also... right click? Try middle-click. Or ctrl-left click

That's fixed in FF4.......at least in the Beta for Linux.

Firefox. Chrome is only a shade faster, and most people, including me, cannot actually tell the difference.
I dislike FF4- it mimics Chrome's appearance.

Tabs should not appear above the address bar- I like having all my tabs below my toolbars. I also like having separate menus and not having to go through additional submenus to save space for... nothing at all.

I like FF because it can be highly customized via addons to suit one's personal needs. No other browser can math FF for the volume and flexibility of addons- FF spinoffs excluded

Midori is smoking fast too but very, very, limited.I'm getting ready to gut it and code in some accessories. I use FF under Gnome with Mint and Chromium under XFCE in Debian testing.

I like chrome because it loads fast compare to other browser and its light but I still prefer to use Mozilla since it has lots of useful plugin.

Forum List

Back