Firefox...the end of an era?

I've done ALL of that. LOL

What I did find..oh about 2 months ago...was an addon that allows you to play video without flash....then just disable the flash player in firefox...

For those websites that have flash only (no html5 canvass elements), you'll have to use another browser to see the flash.

Here is that plugin.

Video WithOut Flash Search Add-ons for Firefox

Its called "Video without Flash"
Then you have a config problem in FF. probably protected mode:

Disabling Protected Mode in Flash 11.3
To disable (or re-enable) Protected Mode in Flash 11.3 and above, use one of these methods:

• (Starting in Firefox 38) In the Firefox (Tools) menu, click "Add-ons -> Plugins -> Shockwave Flash Options (button)", clear the "Enable Adobe Flash protected mode" checkbox and restart the browser. (To re-enable Flash Protected Mode, re-check the checkbox.) [45]
  • (Starting in Firefox 35 on Windows 7/Vista, Firefox 36 on Windows 8) Toggle the "dom.ipc.plugins.flash.disable-protected-mode" preference to "true" in about:config and restart the browser. (To re-enable Protected Mode, set the preference back to "false"). [46]. [47] [48]v
  • Edit the Flash mms.cfg file
To disable Protected Mode, use a text editor to add the line ProtectedMode=0 to the Flash "mms.cfg" file, located in one of these locations: [49]
(Windows 32bit) C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash
(Windows 64bit) C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash
For example, on a Windows 7 64-bit system, open the C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash folder, copy the file "mms.cfg" to the desktop, open it in Notepad, add a new line ProtectedMode=0 and then close Notepad, saving your changes. Next, go back to the C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash folder, rename the original file to "mms.cfgBAK" (to save it as a backup) and then drag and drop in the modified "mms.cfg" file from the desktop. To re-enable Flash Protected Mode, either restore a backup of the original mms.cfg file, if you saved one, or else re-edit the mms.cfg file to remove the ProtectedMode=0 line you added. Updating Flash Player or installing a newer version does not automatically re-enable Protected Mode.

Flash - MozillaZine Knowledge Base

If you don't have 11.3 the procedure should be pretty much the same.
LOL

I tried all that.
Okay. :dunno:

What I did find..oh about 2 months ago...was an addon that allows you to play video without flash....then just disable the flash player in firefox...

For those websites that have flash only (no html5 canvass elements), you'll have to use another browser to see the flash.

Here is that plugin.

To disable (or re-enable) Protected Mode in Flash 11.3 and above, use one of these methods:

• (Starting in Firefox 38) In the Firefox (Tools) menu, click "Add-ons -> Plugins -> Shockwave Flash Options (button)", clear the "Enable Adobe Flash protected mode" checkbox and restart the browser. (To re-enable Flash Protected Mode, re-check the checkbox.) [45]
  • (Starting in Firefox 35 on Windows 7/Vista, Firefox 36 on Windows 8) Toggle the "dom.ipc.plugins.flash.disable-protected-mode" preference to "true" in about:config and restart the browser. (To re-enable Protected Mode, set the preference back to "false"). [46]. [47] [48]v
To disable Protected Mode, use a text editor to add the line ProtectedMode=0 to the Flash "mms.cfg" file, located in one of these locations: [49]
For example, on a Windows 7 64-bit system, open the C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash folder, copy the file "mms.cfg" to the desktop, open it in Notepad, add a new line ProtectedMode=0 and then close Notepad, saving your changes. Next, go back to the C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash folder, rename the original file to "mms.cfgBAK" (to save it as a backup) and then drag and drop in the modified "mms.cfg" file from the desktop. To re-enable Flash Protected Mode, either restore a backup of the original mms.cfg file, if you saved one, or else re-edit the mms.cfg file to remove the ProtectedMode=0 line you added. Updating Flash Player or installing a newer version does not automatically re-enable Protected Mode.

LOL

I tried all that.
Yep. Thats been My reaction too. I've been on at least 3 dozen websites and help sites after the usual browser tweeks, and none of it works.

Flash on My box works for everything except firefox, so its not the flash.

As I said, I'm about to give up on it anyway.

Here is that plugin.

LOL

I tried all that.
Yep. Thats been My reaction too. I've been on at least 3 dozen websites and help sites after the usual browser tweeks, and none of it works.

The only two things I can think of is some conflict with your video card or your AV. There may be something else but I just can't think of it now.
Comodo Icedragon is pretty much a faster more secure version of FF, you can give that a try if you want. I just downloaded it to test it out.

Here is that plugin.

LOL

I tried all that.

The only two things I can think of is some conflict with your video card or your AV. There may be something else but I just can't think of it now.
Comodo Icedragon is pretty much a faster more secure version of FF, you can give that a try if you want. I just downloaded it to test it out.
Thank you. This Icedragon is remarkably like Firefox and the flash works well! LOL

I think I found My replacement.

LOL

I tried all that.

Thank you. This Icedragon is remarkably like Firefox and the flash works well! LOL

You will have to change the Yahoo search to whatever else you want unless you want the Yahoo search feature. :dunno:
Just click on the arrow to the right of the Yahoo icon in the upper search bar and select what you want from the drop down menu.

You will have to change the Yahoo search to whatever else you want unless you want the Yahoo search feature. :dunno:
Just click on the arrow to the right of the Yahoo icon in the upper search bar and select what you want from the drop down menu.
I've already removed Yahoo! from the selection. I don't care fore Yahoo!

In fact, I only use google, amazon, wikipedia and youtube....

I've found myself rotating between FF, Opera and Chrome for the last couple of years, switching whenever one starts to piss me off again.

Chrome has been on a pretty good streak, now that I think about it.

FF is open source so like Iceweasel it may essentially be Firefox with a few tweaks. The Debian team changed some security issues, Mozilla said they couldn't use the Firefox name then, so...Iceweasel.

FF is open source so like Iceweasel it may essentially be Firefox with a few tweaks. The Debian team changed some security issues, Mozilla said they couldn't use the Firefox name then, so...Iceweasel.

I don't know what causes this....but my hard drive keeps filling up. Windows tells me I have zero free space left but I haven't been downloading anything. Now I can't do updates because there isn't the space left anymore. I should have over 300GBs free.

Not only that it lets you triple post........ :eusa_whistle:

:D

I don't know what causes this....but my hard drive keeps filling up. Windows tells me I have zero free space left but I haven't been downloading anything. Now I can't do updates because there isn't the space left anymore. I should have over 300GBs free.
What's your operating system? Windows XP, 7, 8.1, Apple, Linux?

It works on every other board. Someone needs to plug in a wire somewhere.

It works on every other board. Someone needs to plug in a wire somewhere.
It's related to whatever's happening on the site this morning, seeing multiple double + posts from different posters.

I have FF 64 bit developer version as I'm running Win8.1 and it's only barely better. I still can't get Opera to work the way it did before, so am trying to deal with Chrome.

I have FF 64 bit developer version as I'm running Win8.1 and it's only barely better. I still can't get Opera to work the way it did before, so am trying to deal with Chrome.
Developer versions are not for everyday use, thay can have many bugs. Mozilla announced a final 64 bit version for FF 37 but they did not manage to make it stable enough, as far as I know. So there is no 64 Bit FF 37. If you want to have a stable 64 Bit Firefox, you better try Cyberfox. If you don´t trust it, there is no reason to trust Chrome...
But if you do, you better go to their page where you can choose between 32 and 64 Bit and between AMD and Intel optimized versions: 8pecxstudios

Opera by the way uses Chrome´s Webkit engine, is just another Chrome browser anymore. You can get an orginal good old Opera in 64 Bit, as well: Opera 12.17 FINAL 64-bit free download - Software reviews downloads news free trials freeware and full commercial software - Downloadcrew

Former developers of Opera are making a new browser, as well, Vivaldi, basing on Chrome. You can give it a try:
A New Browser for Our Friends Vivaldi

Don't know a lot, but here's what I got

upload_2015-5-18_11-26-59.png

Forum List

Back