FireFox 4.0 Sucks Donkey Dick!

I have it on one computer and I rarely use it, simply don't like the look and feel of it. I don't know, maybe I'll just have to get used to it unless I can find something better and no, I'm not a big Chrome fan.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/fi...ction_id=f27b9908-12ed-48a7-a3ac-45bc517cbe9a

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/firefox-4-ui-fixer/

mozdev.org - menueditor: index

Thanks but I no longer have it on that system anymore. I wiped the HD and loaded Ubuntu 10.10, it doesn't use 4.0 yet.

I have it on one computer and I rarely use it, simply don't like the look and feel of it. I don't know, maybe I'll just have to get used to it unless I can find something better and no, I'm not a big Chrome fan.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/fi...ction_id=f27b9908-12ed-48a7-a3ac-45bc517cbe9a

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/firefox-4-ui-fixer/

mozdev.org - menueditor: index

Thanks but I no longer have it on that system anymore. I wiped the HD and loaded Ubuntu 10.10, it doesn't use 4.0 yet.

I use Firefox 4 in 11.04 Narwhale.

I haven't tried Narwhale yet, read it was still a little buggy besides I generally wait 6 months, minimum before upgrading the OS.

3.6.16 on Linux...by the time Linux distros provide Firefox upgrades the bugs have been worked out by the windoze users.
Keep working the bugs out Huggy...

Last edited:
3.16 on Linux...by the time Linux distros provide Firefox upgrades the bugs have been worked out by the windoze users.
Keep working the bugs out Huggy...

No bugs on 3.6.17 just that annoying reminder to update to 4.0..:lol:

Another bonus to Ubuntu...updates for all of your software is in one place, if there are any updates - a simple, small notice appears on the bottom task bar.

I just tried to dual boot my high end home build with 7 and Ubuntu (with EasyBCD). It started on the partitioning and something didn't like it, kicked me into the desktop to locate the issue but even that was acting weird. Pulled the DVD, rebooted, Windows ran the disc check, made some minor fixes and everything appears fine. That was very interesting, I've never run into that before.

Upgraded to 4.01. I don't notice any speed difference. I didn't like the default layout in 4 with no Menu Bar, so I added it.

Thrilled to have used the USMB Search function to come across this thread.

I've been using Windows since time began and I think it's time to convert. Both on my laptop and my smahtphone.

What do y'all recommend for a newbie who's never used anything but IE? Going with the older version or 4.0 to start?

I've been using Windows since time began and I think it's time to convert. Both on my laptop and my smahtphone.

What do y'all recommend for a newbie who's never used anything but IE? Going with the older version or 4.0 to start?

Since they will eventually be nothing but 4.0 and subsequent releases I would go with 4.0 or with Google Chrome. Either way you want a couple of "add ons" (Firefox), "extensions" (Chrome).
Adblock, Ghostery, WOT and Better Privacy are staples on my systems. Also if you want a better, safer e-mail program, Mozilla Thunderbird is a great one, free easy to load and easy to set up. You just click on "add an account", type in your name, e-mail address and password then click "create account" and it does the rest.

What the hell, I decided to upgrade now as opposed to waiting. So far I don't see any issues with the 4.01 other than a few things being moved around. It is working faster than my previous version.

My system:
Possessor: AMD Phenom IIx2 550 3.10 Gz Black Edition
Motherboard: Asus M4A78 Pro
Ram: 4 GBs DDR2
Graphics card: NVIDIA GForce 220 1GB

Just upgraded ....My puter never worked slower... The mouse was the most annoying "new" feature.. it barely worked at all.

The previous version worked fine ... had to remove the whole thing from my laptop. Now I have no spell check ...I don't want to hear about spelling...I only put that asswipe system in so I could have a spellcheck ...can't get the old FireFox back...

My recommendation is DO NOT upgrade to FireFox 4.0.

Only an idiot would click the "UPDATE NOW" option....

Woops.......:clap2:

4.0 of Firefox will work fine for ya...

There is one change that 4.0 has made that I can't seem to figure out where it is now. On the old version next to the forward and back buttons was a drop down arrow that showed sequential browsing history so all you had to do was click on the arrow then on the page you wanted to return to without having to back up through multiple pages. I used that probably more than any other.

Never mind. I just found it. :cool:

When you right click on the forward or back arrows it pops down.

I just tried to dual boot my high end home build with 7 and Ubuntu (with EasyBCD). It started on the partitioning and something didn't like it, kicked me into the desktop to locate the issue but even that was acting weird. Pulled the DVD, rebooted, Windows ran the disc check, made some minor fixes and everything appears fine. That was very interesting, I've never run into that before.

You should try Wubi.

Download | Ubuntu

Either that or do a clean install of both OSs on your computer. Windows is making it harder and harder to dual boot anything.

You should try Wubi.

Download | Ubuntu

Either that or do a clean install of both OSs on your computer. Windows is making it harder and harder to dual boot anything.

I'm familiar with Wubi, the problem is it doesn't work as well as a full install. I'll do some research and find out what the issue was a little later. BTW it did partition the drive like I told it to, I undid the partition afterwards.

Just upgraded ....My puter never worked slower... The mouse was the most annoying "new" feature.. it barely worked at all.

The previous version worked fine ... had to remove the whole thing from my laptop. Now I have no spell check ...I don't want to hear about spelling...I only put that asswipe system in so I could have a spellcheck ...can't get the old FireFox back...

Wow, a post from you that's actually helpful. I may die of shock. Thank you for the advice, I definitely won't upgrade.

Wow, a post from you that's actually helpful. I may die of shock. Thank you for the advice, I definitely won't upgrade.
I'm using it right now, other than familiarizing myself with the new layout I'm having no issues at all.

Forum List

Back