FireFox 4.0 Sucks Donkey Dick!

HUGGY

I Post Because I Care
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle at large...Ballard lately
Just upgraded ....My puter never worked slower... The mouse was the most annoying "new" feature.. it barely worked at all.

The previous version worked fine ... had to remove the whole thing from my laptop. Now I have no spell check ...I don't want to hear about spelling...I only put that asswipe system in so I could have a spellcheck ...can't get the old FireFox back...

My recommendation is DO NOT upgrade to FireFox 4.0.

I find that it works much better than the 3.X versions.

I'm on a Mac, so maybe that makes a difference.

Just upgraded ....My puter never worked slower... The mouse was the most annoying "new" feature.. it barely worked at all.

The previous version worked fine ... had to remove the whole thing from my laptop. Now I have no spell check ...I don't want to hear about spelling...I only put that asswipe system in so I could have a spellcheck ...can't get the old FireFox back...

Mine is definitely to upgrade. It is much faster, works on all versions of Windows from XP on, and never has a problem.

If you want Firefox 3.6 you can get it here, just pick the language you want and down load it.

Mozilla Firefox 3.6

I can put up with a lot and don't even use hardly any add on features.. But an erratic mouse that won't grab scroll and a page that looks like it is coming un-glued when it does scroll is a non starter.

I had the same problem.
I finally had to uninstall every-damned-thing.
When I reinstalled 4.0 it works great now
:shrug:

Hated it too.

Did a system restore and didn't do the "upgrade".
I did all the beta versions of FF4.... Never had a problem. Works faster and better on my machine than v3 ever did.

Got the first full release now, FF 4.0.1 and it's smooth as silk.

the multi-row tool bar some stylish themes and my tab splitter only works half the time.....

Multirow toolbar has been updated and should work with Firefox 4.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/multirow-bookmarks-toolbarplus/

Tab splitter has not been supported for a couple of years. There is a new add on that does basically the same thing.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/tile-tabs/

If the Stylish scripts are not updated you can probably find others that do the same thing if you look. I had to change a few of mine, and rewrite my main script that changes all the things I like, so it is possible.

I have it on one computer and I rarely use it, simply don't like the look and feel of it. I don't know, maybe I'll just have to get used to it unless I can find something better and no, I'm not a big Chrome fan.

Went to the Hippo and grabbed a 3.6.. It works just fine... The world is back to normal..
Me too. My problem (besides my orbit addon not working) was the bug that if I got a bunch of minimized pages and I open a new panel, ALL my min. pages open up too. First tried to move to Chrome but Chrome wouldn't accept bookmarks from 4.0 (it has them now from 3.6).

Needs work; looking forward to 4.1.

Forum List

Back