Firefighter shooter had same gun

Edit: I was right. He was not supposed to be able to obtain this weapon. Gee. I guess he broke the law.

This man was a convicted murderer who beat his grandmother to death with a hammer but was released from prison in 1998.

Spengler, who shot himself dead after a brief firefight with police, is a convicted felon and cannot legally own a gun in New York.

Gunman who lured firefighters to their deaths in assault rifle ambush used same gun as Adam Lanza and left note describing how he would do 'what I like doing best, killing' | Mail Online

Last edited:
Spengler's straw buyer charged...
:clap2:
Woman charged in New York firefighter slayings
Dec. 29,`12 — William Spengler raised no alarms in prison for 17 years and for more than a decade afterward. Well-spoken, well-behaved and intelligent, his demeanor was praised by four straight parole boards that nevertheless denied him parole, worried that bludgeoning his 92-year-old grandmother with a hammer showed a violent streak that could explode again.
After his sentence was up in 1996, he stayed out of trouble until 2010, police said Friday. That's when Spengler went to a sporting goods store with a neighbor's daughter, picked out a Bushmaster semiautomatic rifle and a shotgun and had her buy the guns that the convicted felon couldn't legally possess. On Monday, he used the weapons to ambush firefighters lured to a blaze he set at his house in upstate Webster, killing two people and wounding three others before killing himself. On Friday, state and federal authorities charged the woman who bought the guns, 24-year-old Dawn Nguyen, with lying on a form that said she would be the owner of the guns she bought for Spengler. The charges involve the semiautomatic rifle and the 12-gauge shotgun that Spengler had with him Monday when volunteer firefighters Michael Chiapperini and Tomasz Kaczowka were gunned down. Three other people, including two other firefighters, were wounded before the 62-year-old Spengler killed himself. He also had a .38-caliber revolver, but Nguyen is not connected to that gun, police said.

Investigators were still working Friday to confirm their belief that a body found in Spengler's burned home was that of the sister he lived with, Cheryl Spengler, 67. U.S. Attorney William Hochul said Nguyen bought the two guns on June 6, 2010, on behalf of Spengler. Police used the serial numbers on the guns to trace them to Nguyen. "She told the seller of these guns, Gander Mountain in Henrietta, N.Y., that she was to be the true owner and buyer of the guns instead of William Spengler," Hochul said. "It is absolutely against federal law to provide any materially false information related to the acquisition of firearms."

During an interview late on Christmas Eve, she told police she had bought the guns for personal protection and that they were stolen from her vehicle, though she never reported the guns stolen. The day after the shootings, Nguyen texted an off-duty Monroe County Sheriff's deputy with references to the killings. She later called the deputy and admitted she bought the guns for Spengler, police said Friday.

That information was consistent with a suicide note found near Spengler's body after he killed himself. The rambling, typed letter spelled out Spengler's intention to destroy his neighborhood and "do what I like doing best, killing people." Nguyen is scheduled to return to court on Jan. 8. She declined comment Friday, and a working phone number for her lawyer could not be found. The .223-caliber Bushmaster rifle, which had a combat-style flash suppressor, is similar to the one used by the gunman who massacred 20 children and six women in a Newtown, Conn., elementary school earlier this month.

More Woman charged in New York firefighter slayings

William Spengler, Killer Of 2 New York Firemen, Had Bushmaster Semiautomatic Rifle

And he said he likes to kill people

William Spengler's Note Before Killing Webster Firefighters: 'Do What I Like Doing Best, Killing People'

We need to make sure than sickos like him continue to have easy access to any an all guns. You know, just like terrorists and illegals do.

what a hopelessly duped moron...............

Within A Decade Of The UK Banning And Confiscating Handguns, Crimes Involving Handguns Doubled

http://www.sacbee.com/2012/12/27/5079151/california-gun-sales-increase.html

13960_189855479432_503149432_2664011_7029878_n-6.jpg

Last edited:
Edit: I was right. He was not supposed to be able to obtain this weapon. Gee. I guess he broke the law.

This man was a convicted murderer who beat his grandmother to death with a hammer but was released from prison in 1998.

Spengler, who shot himself dead after a brief firefight with police, is a convicted felon and cannot legally own a gun in New York.

Gunman who lured firefighters to their deaths in assault rifle ambush used same gun as Adam Lanza and left note describing how he would do 'what I like doing best, killing' | Mail Online

Yup, gun laws don't work, never have and never will.

This just in:

The law-abiding owners of thousands of Bushmaster semi-automatic rifles similar to those used in the Sandy Hook and New York firefighter killings did not shoot anyone yesterday.

Wow, what a horrible coincidence.

The same type of semi-automatic "assault rifle" was used in two different places to murder several people?

What are the ODDS? There are only tens of thousands of these assault rifles out there.

I prefer the AK-47 myself, because they cost less and they are more reliable.

Forum List

Back