Fire in Alberta

OK, Elektra, technically the present Tesla is 55% made in the USA because the individual batteries are made in Japan. But they are assembled, over 7000 of them, into the battery packs here in the USA. Now by the end of this year, Tesla will be using batteries from the new factory in Reno, Nevada. And that will make the Tesla 90% made in the USA. That will be the highest of any automobile or truck sold in the US. And the Tesla is selling more luxury cars in the US than any other automobile company.

What?

A Telsa started the fire?

This is why wildfires are actually helpful for the environment

Linking wildfires to global warming = part of the AGW alarmist playbook......has been since the early 90's!!:coffee:

Wildfires have been happening for billions of years on this planet.:eusa_dance::eusa_dance: They are quite necessary!!:rock:
Wildfires are part of the ecosystem. Pine cones evolved to survive fires and fire helps the soil. But I have to wonder, were these fires in Alberta natural or something else....
Probably a tranny smoking in natures bathroom and threw down the butt...

OK, Elektra, technically the present Tesla is 55% made in the USA because the individual batteries are made in Japan. But they are assembled, over 7000 of them, into the battery packs here in the USA. Now by the end of this year, Tesla will be using batteries from the new factory in Reno, Nevada. And that will make the Tesla 90% made in the USA. That will be the highest of any automobile or truck sold in the US. And the Tesla is selling more luxury cars in the US than any other automobile company.
The Battery is 35% of the cost of a Tesla? I doubt very much that is true, especially without a link Old Crock.

Crock, your rules state if you do not link, you are a filthy liar.

Further, you lied in your other posts and now you are walking backwards trying to save your pathetic self.

So follow your rules, link, link, and link, or be a filthy liar.
LOL.

The future of “Made in America” is Tesla, not Ford

Not only has the iconic truck been the country’s top-selling vehicle for 32 straight years (and the top-selling truck for 37); they are also the most American-made. The giant F150 topped cars.com’s American-Made index last year, which measures where parts come from, where the car is assembled, and sales.

Well now, there you go. And I linked the same to a differant source on another thread, which brings up another subject. This thread is about the fires in Alberta, as Bear rightly pointed out, and, really, these posts should be deleted.

But that could soon change. According to Morgan Stanley, Tesla vehicles could soon claim the top spot on that list, once the company’s much-vaunted $6-billion gigafactory to produce its own lithium-ion batteries is up and running.

By then, more than 90% of the stuff used to build Tesla’s cars might be from America, according to Morgan Stanley, compared to 75% for the F-150.

Linking wildfires to global warming = part of the AGW alarmist playbook......has been since the early 90's!!:coffee:

Wildfires have been happening for billions of years on this planet.:eusa_dance::eusa_dance: They are quite necessary!!:rock:
Wildfires are part of the ecosystem. Pine cones evolved to survive fires and fire helps the soil. But I have to wonder, were these fires in Alberta natural or something else....
Only true for some pines, such as lodgepole. A really fierce crown fire indurates the soil, and that does not help it. Ground fires are good for the forests, crown fires are not. And what we have seen in the last decades is a large increase in the number of crown fires. Whatever started the fires in Alberta, there were 43 at last count, is irrelevant. Because the weather conditions of the last decade have set up that forest, and those of Alaska, for crown fires. Warmer winters, less precipitation, and springs that can only be termed as hot. Add wind, and you have the ideal conditons for unstoppable crown fires.

Who ever heard of that crazy, obscure website. How about linking to something relevant.

Old Crock, just admit you lied, Tesla is not, Made in the USA, and that you believe someday, they may be made in the USA.

The Tesla-ObamaCar is an entity of the government, comparing Tesla to Ford is hardly a like comparison. The only reason Tesla exists, is Government free money. Ford makes a profit without Obama. Tesla will always be a tiny government entity employing a tiny amount of people. Ford is and will remain a part of an industry that employees hundreds of thousands of Americans.

qz.com is a crackpot website

Good lord I hesitate to say this. Human causes. Arson was a part of the terrorist arsenal, as well. It isn't as far fetched as it sounds.

Good lord I hesitate to say this. Human causes. Arson was a part of the terrorist arsenal, as well. It isn't as far fetched as it sounds.
Not far fetched, but not likely, as there are 43 fires across Northern Alberta. That sounds much more like dry lightning. And Northern Alberta is not only a very large area, but it is also extremely rural. It would be very difficult for terrorists to get at many of the sites that are presently burning.

In 2012 Tesla employed about 3000 people. In 2015, about 13,000.

Number of Tesla employees 2015 | Statistic

And the subject of this thread is Fires in Alberta. I will not respond again to your feckless attempts to derail the thread.
Old Crock, you are the one who became derailed, it was as easy as PIE, huh, Crock! All I stated was this;
Those who cry "liar", loudest, are liars. Crock, I see you backed off on lying about the Tesla being Made in the USA.

Not far fetched, but not likely, as there are 43 fires across Northern Alberta. That sounds much more like dry lightning. And Northern Alberta is not only a very large area, but it is also extremely rural. It would be very difficult for terrorists to get at many of the sites that are presently burning.
Old Crock, you say the stupidest things. This post is so stupid the only reply is to point out, how stupid it is. Stupid is as easy as PIE for you Old Crock.

Arctic Report Card - Surface Air Temperature - Overland, et al.

Highlights

• Average annual surface air temperature anomaly (+1.3°C) over land north of 60°N for October 2014-September 2015 was the highest in the observational record beginning in 1900; this represents a 2.9°C increase since the beginning of the 20th Century.
  • Average air temperature anomalies in all seasons between October 2014 and September 2015 were generally positive throughout the Arctic, with extensive regions exceeding +3°C relative to a 1981-2010 baseline.
  • Anomalously warm conditions from November 2014 through June 2015 in Alaska were caused by weather patterns that advected warm mid-latitude air northward from the northeast Pacific Ocean. Anomalously warm Arctic conditions during spring (April, May, June) 2015 across central Eurasia were also due to southerly winds.
  • Strong connections between the Arctic and the mid-latitudes were also seen in late winter-early spring (February-April) 2015, when cold air advected south-eastward from the central Arctic resulted in major negative temperature anomalies over eastern North America.
For those interested, this explains a lot about what has happened in the northlands.

Arctic Report Card - Surface Air Temperature - Overland, et al.

Highlights

• Average annual surface air temperature anomaly (+1.3°C) over land north of 60°N for October 2014-September 2015 was the highest in the observational record beginning in 1900; this represents a 2.9°C increase since the beginning of the 20th Century.
  • Average air temperature anomalies in all seasons between October 2014 and September 2015 were generally positive throughout the Arctic, with extensive regions exceeding +3°C relative to a 1981-2010 baseline.
  • Anomalously warm conditions from November 2014 through June 2015 in Alaska were caused by weather patterns that advected warm mid-latitude air northward from the northeast Pacific Ocean. Anomalously warm Arctic conditions during spring (April, May, June) 2015 across central Eurasia were also due to southerly winds.
  • Strong connections between the Arctic and the mid-latitudes were also seen in late winter-early spring (February-April) 2015, when cold air advected south-eastward from the central Arctic resulted in major negative temperature anomalies over eastern North America.
For those interested, this explains a lot about what has happened in the northlands.
I just realized Old Crock is the OP author, ha, ha, ha. This is a joke thread by a filthy liar. Old Crock, you derailed your own thread with all those comments about Tesla.

But to be fair, if Tesla had not increased its amount of employees, the Alberta fire would be much worse, Tesla's ObamaCar prevented a much larger disaster.

Only true for some pines, such as lodgepole. A really fierce crown fire indurates the soil, and that does not help it. Ground fires are good for the forests, crown fires are not. And what we have seen in the last decades is a large increase in the number of crown fires. Whatever started the fires in Alberta, there were 43 at last count, is irrelevant. Because the weather conditions of the last decade have set up that forest, and those of Alaska, for crown fires. Warmer winters, less precipitation, and springs that can only be termed as hot. Add wind, and you have the ideal conditons for unstoppable crown fires.

where do you come up with your bullshit

Old Crock is in college at the age of 87, you did not know that?

i didnt know that

maybe he will better himself

i didnt know that

Old Crock says he is working on ciphering.

Meanwhile, back in reality, the "extinguish all fires" policy was ended in the USA in 1974.

And it was the environmentalists -- that is, the liberals -- who ended it.

The lesson? Billy is clueless.

The whole "it's the fuel load!" theory is more anti-reality nonsense from the right. A forest that hasn't burned in two hundred years is no more likely to burn than a forest that hasn't burned in twenty years. But the right trots out that fairy tale regularly, so they can fake a story that some mysterious and supposedly liberal fire policy which hasn't existed for 40 years is to blame.

What does cause fires? Being really freakin' hot and dry. Go fig.
Show me your data moron.. It wasn't until the late 80's that the policy was stopped.. I live here! You dont have a dam clue and you spew your master's talking points of pure bull shit..

Cyclical, Natural variation of weather patterns (wet and dry cycles).. And then we have fire suppression and not allowing the floor fuels to burn off every few years as we go through natural wet and dry cycles.. HUMAN STUPIDITY.. Same thing applies up there in Canada but he haven't stopped the forestry mismanagement..

Maybe they too will get the message.... But then again we got idiots like you who think you can control the earths climate variations by controlling CO2 that doesn't control anything..

The Lesson, Snageltooth is a liar and a fraud..
Link, lying little Silly Billy? Your lies in the past render anything you state as having zero credibility.
Awe.... poor little fucktard, its is you that has no credibility..

Your constant chicken little screams of the "sky is falling" has outed you and your ilk as liars and deceivers.

As you seem to have missed the link in that post directed at snageltooth, here it is again..

‘We are in for a rough day’: Fort McMurray wildfire expected to flare up Tuesday afternoon

The boreal forest is a fire-dependant ecosystem. The spruce trees, pine trees, they like to burn,” Bernie Schmitte, forestry manager in Fort McMurray, explained.

“They have to burn to regenerate themselves, and those species have adapted themselves to fire. Their cones have adapted so they open up after the fire has left, and the trees have adapted in that once they’re old and need to be replaced, they’re available to fire so they burn.”

Last edited:

i didnt know that

Old Crock says he is working on ciphering.

And all this time I thought it was Seer Stones in a hat he stares into...

Forum List

Back