Finally!! UN votes for No Fly Zone!!

That's because he's not a leader.

While I agree with you, there is no need or unilateral military action. There's other countries, like France, that can do this one. Libya is more their concern than ours, or the Brits - or the EU jointly.

Just for once, let someone else take the lead.

Oh, I don't disagree with you at all. I'm pissed that the House resolution failed to pull out of Afghanistan today. But in the case of Libya, the rebels were begging us to help them, unlike Iraq and Afghanistan.

So now, whenever we have a democrat prez, its OK for rebels to ask for help, and the US will come running.

So much for P-BO's non interventionist desires. First we have to get out of Iraq. And now out of Afghanistan... no wait, we need more activity in both... Then now we're going to be aiding in the fighting of ANOTHER country?

Da fuck?

Has Obama asked the Congress for authorization to make war on Lybia?

He was waiting for the UN, which I admit has come nearly too late. Obama is not going to take military action unilaterally. He has done the right thing. Now, we need to pound Quackdafi into the desert!

If he is waiting for the UN before he pounds Qadaffi into the desert he is still going to have to wait. All we got is a no fly zone.

He was waiting for the UN, which I admit has come nearly too late. Obama is not going to take military action unilaterally. He has done the right thing. Now, we need to pound Quackdafi into the desert!
Has Obama asked the congress for authorization to make war on Lybia?

Personally, I think we should support the rebels, but I would not support commiting US military assets unless and until the Congress authorizes it.

Doesn't have to. A Republican Congress does it and they get bitched at. Democrat Congress does it they get bitched at.
Congress is POLITICS.

If he is waiting for the UN before he pounds Qadaffi into the desert he is still going to have to wait. All we got is a no fly zone.
Indeed and Ghadaffi has the weapons (even without air power) to easily defeat the rebels and win back the country, and if he does then the US, UK, France and all that nations that carry out this 'no fly zone' will be further in his bad books after the war.

Last edited:
Something I find interesting. The rebellion is almost destroyed. Khaddafi is almost certainly toast once the bombing strikes start.

So, when both sides are destroyed... WHO takes over? Who's ready to 'bottom feed' this situation?

I'm betting that radical Islamists or some other group is ready.

And then this brings into question... why now is the US getting involved?

Something I find interesting. The rebellion is almost destroyed. Khaddafi is almost certainly toast once the bombing strikes start.

So, when both sides are destroyed... WHO takes over? Who's ready to 'bottom feed' this situation?

The Dems want something new to blame on Buusssssssssh!

PS: If we start bombing, and scoring a victory, a few moments later everyone will hate the US even more.

PS: If we start bombing, and scoring a victory, a few moments later everyone will hate the US even more.
This is an incredible geopolitical blunder on many fronts.

On a positive note, Hillary seems to be involved deeply in this, and will end her political career on it I think. Doing the wrong thing. Again.

I find it very disappointing that Sarah Palin also agrees with this course of action. Troublesome.

Last edited:

This is an incredible geopolitical blunder on many fronts.

On a positive note, Hillary seems to be involved deeply in this, and will end her political career on it I think. Doing the wrong thing. Again.

I find it very disappointing that Sarah Palin also agrees with this course of action. Troublesome.
Don't count on it, she might start her career up again later, and use this as a 'while under fire' moment, and no one really listens/should listen to what Sarah Palin says (save from news networks that want a good shot of comic entertainment), probably for good reason.

That's because he's not a leader.

While I agree with you, there is no need or unilateral military action. There's other countries, like France, that can do this one. Libya is more their concern than ours, or the Brits - or the EU jointly.

Just for once, let someone else take the lead.

Oh, I don't disagree with you at all. I'm pissed that the House resolution failed to pull out of Afghanistan today. But in the case of Libya, the rebels were begging us to help them, unlike Iraq and Afghanistan.

Firstly, there are solid reasons why we are staying in Afghanistan, whether you understand those reasons or approve of them, is of no consequence. Fact is, those reasons exist and the House made the right call.

Secondly, no they were not. Some of the rebels (and there are several groups) wanted assistance, others clearly told the international community to stay out of it.

However, the 'no fly' zone does not have to be US-led. The Arab league are perfectly capable - and best placed to assist. The EU is also ideally placed... the Brits and French can easily deal with it, by using Italy's bases - which they have already offered.

Interesting little tidbit from WSJ This Morning (their radio show). It is now coming out that 80% of Al Quaeda 'soldiers' in Iraq are Libyan. Many of whom are the 'anti-Kaddafi's forces being destroyed in Libya.

Think about that for a moment. We are going to help out the same people who were/are killing our soldiers in Iraq. Is this a wise move? Should we really be intervening?

Anyone else notice a severe disconnect going on here?

Last edited:
:lol:what a wily bastard. I am almost pulling for the guy on one level, be it him or his sons, just to watch them run circles around Obama and the rest of the Turtle Bay low voltage doltage.

* MARCH 18, 2011, 10:08 A.M. ET

Libya Declares Cease-Fire

Libya's foreign minister Friday said the country will abide by the United Nations Security Council resolution calling for military action in Libya, and will implement an immediate cease-fire and end all military operations across the country.

"My country will try to deal with this resolution," Foreign Minister Moussa Koussa told reporters in Tripoli as he read from a prepared statement.

"According to article 25 of the [U.N.] charter and considering that Libya is a member of the U.N., then it is bound to accept the Security Council resolution and has decided an immediate ceasefire and the cessation of all military operations."

Libya Declares Cease-fire - WSJ.com

I threw this choice out there yesterday, but I didn't think he would actually do it.

Its the Saddam 2 step....he knows his greatest ally right now is...time. He'll be all sweetness and light now. He is in possession of 75% f the country and its material, physical and temporal capitals.

So, what...the UN is going to go in and topple him, perfom the surgical regiome change?
When is being so reasonable, which he will now become? Who would send the troops to do this? No one.

The Spice must flow.... They will tire, he will wait and then crush the rebellion when the idiots at Turtle Bay have slithered back to their a fore state of mendacious somnambulant sentience. :lol:

Interesting little tidbit from WSJ This Morning (their radio show). It is now coming out that 80% of Al Quaeda 'soldiers' in Iraq are Libyan. Many of whom are the 'anti-Kaddafi's forces being destroyed in Libya.

Think about that for a moment. We are going to help out the same people who were/are killing our soldiers in Iraq. Is this a wise move? Should we really be intervening?

Fitz...

here-

today-

Yemeni Police Open Fire, Killing 31 Protesters

Yemeni Police Open Fire, Killing 31 Protesters - WSJ.com

and-

Bahrain Arrests Opposition Leaders

Bahrain Arrests Opposition Leaders - WSJ.com

so, lets get this straight- we ostensibly sppt. the House of Saud rolling down the causeway to help Bahrain's King crush a ......wait for it.....popular rebellion, BUT ,will sppt. the popular rebellion in Libya.

And yes I am well aware of the shiite/sunni angle in Bahrain and that we 'asked' Abdullah to show restraint and NOT do it.........and?????

The 64K question-
Who where thinks we will break with them over this? We have to sppt. them. Or do we?

so, who here thinks we have the tools in place to thread the needle on this?

I am also going to love watching the media thread the needle on;

a)not calling OBama out for Bahrain,
b) while patting him on the back ala the no fly zone,
c) not asking why the war powers resolution act is bring ignored.....;)

Last edited:
Cool, we've found a new saddam to take care of and get credits for. Sort of. Since it isn't, like, bombing serbs for muslims.
Tribal clans will take it over in what is turf wars, of course, not as important as Sheen's antics.
I'm betting that radical Islamists or some other group is ready. And then this brings into question... why now is the US getting involved?
Why not? The grandest United States Clown League Administration is at the helm.

This is funny.

Obama did a great job in not getting us directly involved and forced the UN to do it's job. And it showed just how useless it truly is.

The UN wanted to, once again, follow America in so that the other countries could say it wasn't thier idea, they just have to back thier ally.

HAHHAHAHAHA

FUCK lybia, FUCK lybians

These are some of the same mutherfuckers that were dancing in the streets, burning our flag and passing out candy on 9/12.

They called us the Great Satan, the cry for our help. Well FUCK them.

Say you are sorry, and do it from your knees. Then maybe I'll give a damn.

Don't count on it.

Fitz...

here-

today-

and-

so, lets get this straight- we ostensibly sppt. the House of Saud rolling down the causeway to help Bahrain's King crush a ......wait for it.....popular rebellion, BUT ,will sppt. the popular rebellion in Libya.

And yes I am well aware of the shiite/sunni angle in Bahrain and that we 'asked' Abdullah to show restraint and NOT do it.........and?????

The 64K question-
Who where thinks we will break with them over this? We have to sppt. them. Or do we?

I'm for Washingtonian foreign policies, not Wilsonian. Wilson is the basis for all liberal and Neo-Con foreign policy. The 'exporting of Americanism' and helping others be nicer to one another. Washington's policy was isolationist to a good extent but it kept us out of so many problems we had no business being in, in the first place.

It's funny, I realize when I look at it, but whenever I play Civilization and other 'god games' where I build civilizations, I do the same thing. Trade with everyone, defend no one. At least I'm consistent that way.

Beware entangling relationships is still wise. Then again, I'm for the ending of the UN, NATO, SEATO and every other defense pact we have that requires us to defend someone. Arm? Sure. Got cash? The rest of the world can sort things out on their own, and it's the death of every empire that believes itself to be not only able, but required to be involved and arbiter every crisis in the world.

Cool, we've found a new saddam to take care of and get credits for. Sort of. Since it isn't, like, bombing serbs for muslims.
Tribal clans will take it over in what is turf wars, of course, not as important as Sheen's antics.
I'm betting that radical Islamists or some other group is ready. And then this brings into question... why now is the US getting involved?
Excuse me? Moron... your bus is leaving.

What are you talking about Charlie Sheen? Last I heard, he got fired, and I said oh? Who gives a fuck?

We shouldn't be involved in any way shape or form in Libya. Period.

Cool, we've found a new saddam to take care of and get credits for. Sort of. Since it isn't, like, bombing serbs for muslims.Tribal clans will take it over in what is turf wars, of course, not as important as Sheen's antics.
Excuse me? Moron... your bus is leaving.

What are you talking about Charlie Sheen? Last I heard, he got fired, and I said oh? Who gives a fuck?

We shouldn't be involved in any way shape or form in Libya. Period.
:clap2:

That > We shouldn't be involved in any way shape or form in Libya. Period < That
^^^^That^^^^​

Fitz...

here-

today-

and-

The 64K question-

I'm for Washingtonian foreign policies, not Wilsonian. Wilson is the basis for all liberal and Neo-Con foreign policy. The 'exporting of Americanism' and helping others be nicer to one another. Washington's policy was isolationist to a good extent but it kept us out of so many problems we had no business being in, in the first place.

It's funny, I realize when I look at it, but whenever I play Civilization and other 'god games' where I build civilizations, I do the same thing. Trade with everyone, defend no one. At least I'm consistent that way.

Beware entangling relationships is still wise. Then again, I'm for the ending of the UN, NATO, SEATO and every other defense pact we have that requires us to defend someone. Arm? Sure. Got cash? The rest of the world can sort things out on their own, and it's the death of every empire that believes itself to be not only able, but required to be involved and arbiter every crisis in the world.

dude....the....spice....must....flow....;)

we cannot ignore the rest of the planet. Now; do I think Libya is a place where we need to go to wag the dog or allow obama to build his foreign policy cred. no matter how ham handedly he attempts to do it?NO…… but.....we don't have the luxury of pretending that the moves we make especially vis a vis the ME, will not cascade…..

Funny, how we're all so focused on what the US is gonna do or not do... meanwhile, the EU and Arab League are actually working on a plan... backed by the US... which will be led by the EU and Arab nations. Please don't let facts get in the way of y'all ranting about shit that isn't gonna happen.

Forum List

Back