Finally, A President Willing To Cut Off Boomers' Social Security And Medicare Charity

I'm for cutting off Social Security for everyone under 25yo - no more AFTER everyone above that who has actually paid into if for at least 20 years gets theirs paid.

You snowflakes seem to believe that the government is giving recipients government money each month, that they are doing recipients a favor by doing so. Those who believe that are just f*ing STUPID.

I HAVE PAID INTO SOCIAL SECURITY WITH THE PROMISE IT WOULD BE PROTECTED AND THERE FOR ME WHEN I RETIRE FOR 40 YEARS.

ITS NOT THE GOVERNMENTS MONEY - ITS MINE!

I don't know about you idiots who think killing SS without reimbursing anyone who has paid in is a good idea, but doing so would amount to THE LARGEST PONZI SCHEME IN WORLD HISTORY.

A man is sitting in prison right now for doing what is being suggested.

Screw that....

Tell you what...cut me a check right now for HALF of the money I have paid into SS, and you can do whatever you want with SS.

If you are a Baby Boomer, the president is finally ending your free ride.
Someone clearly doesn’t understand how social security works. If he’s a boomer, he’s been paying into the system for his entire life with the promise that he’ll receive that money, or at least some of it, in his retirement years. There’s nothing “free” about it. Do you have a job? Do you get paychecks? It’ll clearly show how much is being withdrawn weekly for social security.
If the boomers expected to get something back from social security, they shouldn’t have racked up tens of trillions of US debt. So sad, but that’s what personal responsibility is all about.
The boomers are getting their money. It’s the later generations that won’t. The 10s of trillions of debt is a trend we’ve only started to see in the 2000s. Blaming the boomers is far too easy and faulty of a scape goat. The entitlement programs driving the debt, despite consecutive record breaking years in tax revenues for the past decade, were passed many years ago. The expansion of those programs, further accelerating debt accumulation, is mainly coming from 1 party, the Democrats. You can see small case studies of this in deep blue states who have been practicing this behavior unopposed like NY, CA, and IL, who are now begging the fed for money, despite taxing their citizens into oblivion.

The blame falls everywhere. The citizenry for throwing a hissy fit every time a politician steps up to tell the truth about these programs. Our education system raising kids to believe that government is a sugar daddy. The leftist media for leading the hissy-fit charge with overblown rhetoric about “evil politicians killing grandma with entitlement reforms”. The GOP for not practicing what they preach, going along to get along, and continually meeting halfway a party that just keeps on moving left. But most of all the party that keeps moving left, advocating for not only expansions of these programs, but vastly larger more costly programs, and screaming bloody murder anytime someone disagrees with them. It’s the same party that gave birth to modern monetary policy that literally says you can keep accumulating debt and just print more and continually sell it off without any consequence. You don’t have to be a PhD in economics to know that’s a recipe for disaster. You cannot be the party of the “sugar daddy” government and then blame your elders when you get your way. The debt we’re seeing now is what the American right-wing (not to be confused with European right wing) has been ringing the warning bell about since the birth of progressive politics. It’s been a slow climb up the never ending progressive mountain with our two-party opposition system, but here we are. How many more examples do we need to see from other nations and even our own states before we figure out that you can’t print, tax, and sell off debt and not have that behavior blow up in your face later down the road.
The boomers have been the dominant political force well though the 2000s and are to this day. They voted for tax cut after tax cut.

You bring up a lot of faults in our political system which I don't disagree with. Someone is going to have to pay a price for it.

I'm for cutting off Social Security for everyone under 25yo - no more AFTER everyone above that who has actually paid into if for at least 20 years gets theirs paid.

You snowflakes seem to believe that the government is giving recipients government money each month, that they are doing recipients a favor by doing so. Those who believe that are just f*ing STUPID.

I HAVE PAID INTO SOCIAL SECURITY WITH THE PROMISE IT WOULD BE PROTECTED AND THERE FOR ME WHEN I RETIRE FOR 40 YEARS.

I don't know about you idiots who think killing SS without reimbursing anyone who has paid in is a good idea, but doing so would amount to THE LARGEST PONZI SCHEME IN WORLD HISTORY.

Screw that....

Tell you what...cut me a check right now for HALF of the money I have paid into SS, and you can do whatever you want with SS.

Someone clearly doesn’t understand how social security works. If he’s a boomer, he’s been paying into the system for his entire life with the promise that he’ll receive that money, or at least some of it, in his retirement years. There’s nothing “free” about it. Do you have a job? Do you get paychecks? It’ll clearly show how much is being withdrawn weekly for social security.
If the boomers expected to get something back from social security, they shouldn’t have racked up tens of trillions of US debt. So sad, but that’s what personal responsibility is all about.
The boomers are getting their money. It’s the later generations that won’t. The 10s of trillions of debt is a trend we’ve only started to see in the 2000s. Blaming the boomers is far too easy and faulty of a scape goat. The entitlement programs driving the debt, despite consecutive record breaking years in tax revenues for the past decade, were passed many years ago. The expansion of those programs, further accelerating debt accumulation, is mainly coming from 1 party, the Democrats. You can see small case studies of this in deep blue states who have been practicing this behavior unopposed like NY, CA, and IL, who are now begging the fed for money, despite taxing their citizens into oblivion.

The blame falls everywhere. The citizenry for throwing a hissy fit every time a politician steps up to tell the truth about these programs. Our education system raising kids to believe that government is a sugar daddy. The leftist media for leading the hissy-fit charge with overblown rhetoric about “evil politicians killing grandma with entitlement reforms”. The GOP for not practicing what they preach, going along to get along, and continually meeting halfway a party that just keeps on moving left. But most of all the party that keeps moving left, advocating for not only expansions of these programs, but vastly larger more costly programs, and screaming bloody murder anytime someone disagrees with them. It’s the same party that gave birth to modern monetary policy that literally says you can keep accumulating debt and just print more and continually sell it off without any consequence. You don’t have to be a PhD in economics to know that’s a recipe for disaster. You cannot be the party of the “sugar daddy” government and then blame your elders when you get your way. The debt we’re seeing now is what the American right-wing (not to be confused with European right wing) has been ringing the warning bell about since the birth of progressive politics. It’s been a slow climb up the never ending progressive mountain with our two-party opposition system, but here we are. How many more examples do we need to see from other nations and even our own states before we figure out that you can’t print, tax, and sell off debt and not have that behavior blow up in your face later down the road.
The boomers have been the dominant political force well though the 2000s and are to this day. They voted for tax cut after tax cut.

You bring up a lot of faults in our political system which I don't disagree with. Someone is going to have to pay a price for it.
It’s not boomers. Boomers are just the current generation that has had the time to gain the experience and resources and naturally enter in leadership roles. It’s the progressive ideology that has progressively been taking hold of government for over 100 years now. The older generations naturally take power throughout human history for the obvious reasons of time not consumed by raising young children, and time accumulating resources and experience. The boomers are in control everywhere worldwide, just like the elder generations were in control of them when they were young. Blaming boomers is a cop out.

Screw that....

It’s not boomers. Boomers are just the current generation that has had the time to gain the experience and resources and naturally enter in leadership roles. It’s the progressive ideology that has progressively been taking hold of government for over 100 years now. The older generations naturally take power throughout human history for the obvious reasons of time not consumed by raising young children, and time accumulating resources and experience. The boomers are in control everywhere worldwide, just like the elder generations were in control of them when they were young. Blaming boomers is a cop out.
The boomers are in control, which is why they're going to make sure that someone else pays for their maladministration.

Screw them.

President Donald Trump on Saturday afternoon openly vowed to permanently "terminate" the funding mechanism for both Social Security and Medicare if reelected in November.

The Trump campaign was apparently so satisfied with the public acknowledgement of the president's promise to make the payroll tax permanent—a move that would inherently bankrupt the Social Security system—that it clipped the portion of the press conference and shared on social media immediately after it concluded.

Getting Baby Boomers off the federal dole will be the greatest accomplishment by any U.S. president of the past 100 years.

Workers can now spend the money the government had held for their retirement from the first day of their employment. Waiting until later years to begin saving for one's old age is a much more viable system, since everyone will be diligent in this effort.

Wow, threaten taking MY money that I paid in to pay for his petty projects sure does buy my vote. And it certainly buys the votes of the largest voting block in the nation. Talk about shooting himself in the foot once again. I wondered when the next "Here, hold my beer" moment would surface.

First he told old people to take one for the team and get the virus, and now he's telling old people he's going to defund their Social Security and Medicare. The Senate has just flipped the bird to working Americans by going on vacation leaving them with nothing.

The Republican Party is signing its own death warrant by this ridiculous behaviour, backing the President 100% as he crashed the economy, throwing millions out of work, and allowing tens of thousands to die, in the first place.

Screw that....

The boomers are in control, which is why they're going to make sure that someone else pays for their maladministration.

Screw them.
Whatever...at least you see the maladministration, and seem to have a problem with the debt

TRUMP ‘RELIEF’ DEFUNDS SOCIAL SECURITY AND MEDICARE!

Another nail in Trump's political coffin. President Biden will reverse all this carnage.
Being fiscally responsible is the common sense way to go. We need to end wasteful programs like Medicare and Social Security.

Who do you think pays for Social Security and Medicare? Social Security is the largest holder of U.S. debt.

Social Security DOES NOT HOLD any US debt... The Treasury issues NEW DEBT when SS runs short.. The money they stole didn't buy a bond --they SPENT it and issued an IOU for FUTURE DEBT to issued. So taxpayers are paying TWICE for the money they stole and spent..

Too damn complicated for you... You'll never get to outrage over any of this because you don't KNOW how the crime was committed.. But the Trust Fund has NOTHING IN IT that can PAY SS/Medicare checks....

Really...? Is the following too damn complicated for you...?

The U.S. debt was $26 trillion as of July 25, 2020. Most headlines focus on how much the United States owes China, one of the largest foreign owners. What many people don’t know is that the Social Security Trust Fund, also known as your retirement money, owns most of the national debt. How does that work and what does it mean?

Which agencies own the most Treasurys? Social Security, by a long shot.

The U.S. Treasury publishes this in the Monthly Treasury Statement.3 The most recent data is from June 2020. Here's the breakdown:
  • The Social Security Trust Fund and Federal Disability Insurance Trust Fund: $2.93 trillion
  • Office of Personnel Management Retirement: $929 billion
  • Military Retirement Fund: $913 billion. This has become a big issue infunding our nation's defense and is only expected to grow.
  • Medicare, which includes the Federal Hospital Insurance Trust Fund and the Federal Supplementary Medical Insurance Trust Fund: $226 billion
  • All other retirement funds: $253 billion
  • Cash on hand to fund federal government operations: $671 billion
Many people believe that much of U.S. debt is owed to foreign countries like China and Japan. The truth is, most of it is owed to Social Security and pension funds. This means U.S. citizens, through their retirement money, own most of the national debt.

U.S. national debt is the sum of these two federal debt categories:
  • Public debt (held by other countries, the Federal Reserve, mutual funds, and other entities and individuals)
  • Intragovernmental holdings (held by Social Security, Military Retirement Fund, Medicare, and other retirement funds)

The key word being “ owed “.

And we the people want what’s owed to us by those who stole it.

Repeal all tax cuts back to 1980.

And every dime of that money pays back what is owed. The future surpluses go to further expansion, infrastructure spending, and a national health care system.

Oh yeah. Annual increases in spending to the US post office, until it is twice it’s current size.

Screw that....

Screw them.
Whatever...at least you see the maladministration, and seem to have a problem with the debt

So let's get this straight. Boomer's control the government. They ran up debt. They paid less taxes and got more services.

Now that they are reaching retirement, they expect the next generation to continue to pay for a program that they never actually funded. Oh, and the next generation should not expect to benefit from that program because the boomer's badly mismanaged it.

That's how it looks like to me.

Screw that....

The boomers are out of office in most of Europe and in Canada. Where Gen X has taken over, you have compassionate capitalism. There are a lot more female leaders, throughout Europe and the world,, and especially in countries where women are forming governments or holding significant position in government, the top 20% are gettinig 40 - 50% of income, but workers are also getting government funded healthcare and education, and a strong social safety net to buffer the periods of contraction during recessions.

Instead of undermining workers' rights, unions, or wages for workers, first world democracies are giving workers seats on the Board of Directors, to ensure that their voices are heard in major corporate decisions, since their financial interests are never even noticed in non-union American corporations.

As the world as de-industrialized, compassionate capitalism, ensured that workers were getting the retraining they needed to work and prosper in the 21st Century Conserver economies. That poor children, get the best qualifty education possible to ensure they have the best possible opportunity to rise above the poverty of their parents, and succeed in today's economy.

Instead of investing in dividends for shareholders and the biggest, baddest, most expensive military in the world, the rest of the world invested in education, infrastructure, and research, to build a stronger, free and prosperous nation for all of the people.

Donald Trump decries the lack of immigration from Northern Europe. He's not talking about building a wall to keep Canadians out. White people aren't emmigrating to the USA, because the USA is the "shithole nation" of the first world. No publically funded health care, health care, no maternity or family leave, no mandated vacations, no sane or sensible gun laws. Worst public school system in the first world.

Environmental regulations slashed. Air and water quality declining. Infrastructure crumbling. No thank you.

Screw that....

Screw them.

So let's get this straight. Boomer's control the government. They ran up debt. They paid less taxes and got more services.

Now that they are reaching retirement, they expect the next generation to continue to pay for a program that they never actually funded. Oh, and the next generation should not expect to benefit from that program because the boomer's badly mismanaged it.

The "Boomers" didn't do this. The elites did this. Reagan conned working people into thinking that poor urban blacks were "stealing their money", so he cut taxes and gave that money to the rich people, and then had the working people pay for the food stamps and other income supports so the rich people got more, and the working people got screwed. The rich got richer, the poor got poorer, and working Americans got screwed.

Time for the working people to get a reasonable share of the money they earn and stop giving it all to their bosses and the shareholders who are sitting on their asses. It's time for the Walton Family to get jobs. Sam buil the company. They did not.

Screw that....

Screw them.

The "Boomers" didn't do this. The elites did this. Reagan conned them into thinking that poor urban blacks were "stealing their money", so he cut taxes and gave that money to the rich people, and then had the working people pay for the food stamps and other income supports so the rich people got more, and the working people got screwed.

Someone has to pay for them being conned. Why should it be the millennial generation?

Screw that....

Screw them.

The "Boomers" didn't do this. The elites did this. Reagan conned them into thinking that poor urban blacks were "stealing their money", so he cut taxes and gave that money to the rich people, and then had the working people pay for the food stamps and other income supports so the rich people got more, and the working people got screwed.

Someone has to pay for them being conned. Why should it be the millennial generation?

Not the whole generation, just the top 20% who inherited all that money from their Daddies and never lifted a finger for it. They'll still have enough money that they'll never have to work another day in their entitled lives, but they won't be getting it all, any more.

President Donald Trump on Saturday afternoon openly vowed to permanently "terminate" the funding mechanism for both Social Security and Medicare if reelected in November.

The Trump campaign was apparently so satisfied with the public acknowledgement of the president's promise to make the payroll tax permanent—a move that would inherently bankrupt the Social Security system—that it clipped the portion of the press conference and shared on social media immediately after it concluded.

Getting Baby Boomers off the federal dole will be the greatest accomplishment by any U.S. president of the past 100 years.

Workers can now spend the money the government had held for their retirement from the first day of their employment. Waiting until later years to begin saving for one's old age is a much more viable system, since everyone will be diligent in this effort.

Wow, threaten taking MY money that I paid in to pay for his petty projects sure does buy my vote. And it certainly buys the votes of the largest voting block in the nation. Talk about shooting himself in the foot once again. I wondered when the next "Here, hold my beer" moment would surface.

Trump will promise to grandfather anyone 50 years or older.

I hope so. I’ll be 50 in November.

My guess is anyone 49 or younger will take a 20% cut to their benefits plus he will raise retirement to 70.

Screw that....

Screw them.

Republicans have been telling us for decades don’t count on your social security being there when you retire

Screw that....

Screw them.

Republicans have been telling us for decades don’t count on your social security being there when you retire

Yes but nobody was willing to commit political suicide and alienate the senior voters utterly, by actually doing it. The pace at which the young white males are prepared to throw every demographic that isn't them under the bus, to the direct benefit of Wall Street and the oligrachs to save an economy that only benefits the wealthy, is utterly astounding.

Again the only viable solution in saving Soc Sec is to do away with the Soc Sec earned income cap. You can dance around the issue all you want but until you recognize the inequity of the funding system your chasing your tail. Mitty wants to create a 12 person congressional committee which is a joke.

Which agencies own the most Treasurys? Social Security, by a long shot.

SSec owns no T-Bonds from China.. The CHINESE own those.. These are being issued by TREASURY NOW and China is buying them -- because (as a posted the quote from SSA yearly) -- THERE IS NOTHING OF VALUE in the Trust Fund only "inter agency debt memos" that cant be USED to pay SS/Medicare bills..

All those other numbers are DEBT -- NO ASSETS -- the Treasury is obligated to pay...

Read the statement again in the SSA yearly prospectus...

Social Security’s annual surpluses of tax income over expenditures are expected to fall sharply this
year and to stay about constant in 2010 because of the economic recession, and to rise only briefly before declining and turning to cash flow deficits beginning in 2016 that grow as the baby-boom generation retires. (((NOTE FCT: Obama giving FICA breaks made SSec go into deficit in 2011 -- 5 YEARS ahead of this projection))

The combined difference grows each year, so that by 2016, net revenue flows from the general fund would total $369 billion (1.8 percent of GDP). ((NOTE FCT: Do you know the meaning of PULLING SS payments from THE GENERAL FUND? NOT from the Trust Fund?))) The positive amounts that begin in 2016 for OASDI, and started in 2008 for HI, initially represent payments the Treasury must make to the trust funds when assets are depleted to help pay benefits in years prior to exhaustion of the funds. Neither the redemption of trust fund bonds, nor interest paid on those bonds, provides any new net income to the Treasury, which must finance redemptions and interest payments through some combination of increased taxation, reductions in other government spending, or additional borrowing from the public.

--------------------------------

Those bonds have no TANGIBLE value.. All the numbers you're reading are about DEBT MEMOs.. Promises to pay.. Money has to come from NEW debt issued by Treasury on the General Fund.. I also have this exact analysis from the CBO if I thought you would read it.. But I'm dealing with a leftist who HATES capitalism and markets and investments. Probably because leftists don't KNOW how investments and debt financing work and have NO CHANCE of reading and understanding a financial prospectus.. They DEPEND on your ignorance to keep the masses unaware of the crimes...

Now answer me ONE QUESTION Lakhota or I'm not wasting any more effort with you on this..

It says in the FIRST line -- essentially there's nothing of value in the Trust Fund with which to pay bills when FICA income goes negative to recipient payments. And they give THREE WAYS that money CAN be raised.. WHICH ONE of the THREE WAYS called out in the LAST sentence is Congress/Fed Govt USING to pay the FICA shortages???

And there's also this..

Neither Medicare nor Social Security can sustain projected long-run programs in full under currently scheduled financing, and legislative changes are necessary to avoid disruptive consequences for beneficiaries and taxpayers. If lawmakers take action sooner rather than later, more options and more time will be available to phase in changes so that the public has adequate time to prepare. Earlier action will also help elected officials minimize adverse impacts on vulnerable populations, including lower-income workers and people already dependent on program benefits.

Why did you give such an important topic such a stupid thread title?
It's a grabber, and portrays Social Security and Medicare as entitlement programs, which is a consistent claim made by right-wingers and many centrists. There are examples from right-wingers responding in this thread. One of them refers to SS and Medicare as government give-aways. (Perhaps the quote isn't perfect, but it was the message in their response.)

Most of the impeached president trump's devoted fanatics respond to the thread title rather than read the OP and accompanying article. So why not pull their legs, they rarely, if ever, rely on facts to debate the issue, and are quick to deny facts staring them in the face.

In the accompanying video placed in the OP and several additional posts throughout the thread, the impeached president trump clearly states the temporary FICA payroll deductions will become permanent if he is reelected. Either the right-wingers refused to view the video and out of habit, denied what he said, or, they watched and heard him, but denied it because it was stupid for him to say it.

[/QUOTE]

No.,. It's simply STUPID and as I pointed extremely HYPOCRITICAL since OBAMA bankrupted the SS/Medicare FICA Income stream 5 years ahead of projections BY ACTUALLY DOING THIS.. Trump is just proposing this and will FAIL to do it thru Exec Order.. Only reason this is a news item is to get the Dems embarrassed and to negotiate a REAL Covid bail-out...

Again the only viable solution in saving Soc Sec is to do away with the Soc Sec earned income cap. You can dance around the issue all you want but until you recognize the inequity of the funding system your chasing your tail. Mitty wants to create a 12 person congressional committee which is a joke.

You do THAT -- And instead of it being an EQUITABLE UNIVERSAL program -- it becomes welfare and transfer of wealth.. If America knew how badly Congress RAIDED this UNIVERSAL program and did not INVEST or plan for the future -- NO citizen would EVER AGAIN buy off on anything labeled "Universal".. As in "Universal healthcare" or Universal Income... Feds CANNOT manage Trust funds.. STILL missing monies from the INDIAN Trust Fund and the HIGHWAY Fund as well...

Dems KILLED a plan that would have financially offset these deficits that Treasury has to cover now.. When SS was STILL running surpluses, we could have offered an OPTION for folks to drop out of a small percentage of their FICA taxes in RETURN for reduced future benefits.. THAT --- was sound fiscal mgt of the program.. The Dems demagogued this to death by lying about it "killing soc sec".. We'd be saving at least $20Bill a year in reduced payments to the opt-out volunteers..

Medicare will be bankrupt in 2026 unless it is "fixed"
Social Security will only pay 92% of promised benefits in 2037 unless it is "fixed"

So the OP is flat wrong. The president can't kill SS or Medicare.
Congress' inaction not "fixing" them is the problem.

Last edited:

This is a lie. I can sense it without even reading the first sentence.

Leftists are openly showing their desperation

Forum List

Back